Home
Hello! I have a new Thompson Center Pro hunter barrel (28" Stainless, fluted) in 7mm Rem Mag. I had been highly anticipating its arrival (ordered Dec. 1st, arrived Feb 10...) And after receiving it, I cleaned it, and checked it out with a bore scope. To say the least I was displeased. You can see the tooling marks on the lands in the photos above without even using a bore scope. Has anyone else ever encountered this with a new TC rifle barrel? Do they wear down after break-in or should I just ship it straight back?? Perhaps lead lapping? My dad is an experienced gunsmith by trade and has re-barreled/lapped quite a few custom bolt rifles, but has never dealt with a single shot w/ the locking lug like a TC Encore. Would have had make a barrel otherwise! He's never run into a barrel he's ordered that was this bad. Thanks!
[Linked Image]
How many lands does it have ? looks like only two to me. grin
I think 6... But I'm pretty sure I'm missing a joke somewhere? haha!
Had a barrel that looked way worse than that and shot pretty good.

I would try shooting it first and see how it shoots...if it aint up to snuff I would get ahold of barrel manufacture and voice your concerns....maybe even with group pics and see what they do.

Good luck.
I bet its fine. Lots of fellas at the local range have PH bbl's and they shoot right with the "high dollar" rifles and better. If she don't shoot, TC stands behind their stuff from what I hear.
Well, I never received a response from TC via email, so I called yesterday. They sending me a prepaid shipping label to send it back, the gunsmiths will evaluate it, and should be 3-6 weeks till I get a response. We'll see what happens! Thanks for all the help everyone!
Glad you don't need it in a hurry.
© 24hourcampfire