Home
Posted By: AuNate my next gun will be a......??? - 02/14/12
What will you buy next?

I'll start...I will get a 300rum, still unsure of maker.
None, I have a 12 gauge, 30/06 and 22LR, I don't need anymore than that.
Left Hand Ruger M77 African .375 Ruger
.243 (.223?) youth rifle of some sort with, I'm thinking, a fixed 2.5x scope for my 7 year old son.

He's ready to graduate up, I think, and I would rather gear him appropriately first.

George
Another muzzleloader, and i'm done.

Honest.
Dang, where to start...

I really, really need a Sharps "buffalo gun"
a fast twisted 22 centerfire of some sort to play with heavies
and a Hornet or 222 just because.
been looking at 40-X's in various calibers
a petite shotgun of some sort - only have pump and semi-auto 12's
and have never gotten over trading off my pair of 45 Colt revolvers,
feeling the need for another.
and almost forgot, a "black rifle" of some sort. something a little
different, maybe a 6.8, or 450 bushmaster?
I seldom meet a gun I don't like - or want crazy
Originally Posted by Steelhead

laugh laugh laugh

A Montana or T3 in .223, Ruger Alaskan in .375 Ruger, Sako TRG-42 (or similar) in .338 Lapua. I'm sure I'll think of many others that I must have...
Glock 20SF
Another .30-06 to round it out at 4. I hate having odd numbers of anything. Selling one to bring it down to 2 isn't an option grin

In all honesty, most likey a .243 or .7mm-08.
I admire your restraint, but what did need every have to do with it?

KC
None for me. My wife just called me out, and I have to agree. I've got just about every popular cartridge covered and then some. Gotta stop sometime. Gotta stay off GB too!
.221 or .222, would like the Sako in .222 and .221 fb in a Rem LS
Ruger No.1A/S probably in something .35 or bigger,, rimmed

Bahahahahaha! ROFLMAO!
6.5X55 on an '09 Argentine Mauser.

Gunner
I want a 264, or something in 6.5 but with a wedding to pay for this year, its doubtful
I'm needing a tactical 12ga.
Been wanting a 22 centerfire for a while. Recently bought an entire reloading setup from someone here on the fire that came with 22-250 dies so I figure that will be my next caliber purchase.

Not sure what make of rifle I'll buy, but really liking my Vanguard S2 in 257 wby so may go that route.
I'm really wanting a 7X57 but am not going to pay $600+ for a Ruger 77 or $1000 for a Win 70. A #1 RSI maybe but even those are about a grand these days.
Posted By: KDK Re: my next gun will be a......??? - 02/14/12
M70 Sporter .264 WinMag or Featherweight .257 Roberts.

I really do need to get a couple of shotguns... a Beretta 12 autoloader, probably Extrema II, and either a 16 or 28 gauge double of some sort.

I also am getting a .270 rebarreled to 6.5-06 soon.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
None for me. My wife just called me out, and I have to agree. I've got just about every popular cartridge covered and then some. Gotta stop sometime. Gotta stay off GB too!

I know....I've had days like that, too. You'll probably come to your senses tomorrow!

Hmmm need a LVSF in 22-250,221&308 so one of them I suppose wink

You chose a 30-06 over a 270?? WTF?

whistle
Already got the components....will be a 223AI with a Brux 20" varmint contour barrel.....McMillan M40A1......Badger 10-rd mags.

My next next gun will probably be........ummmmmmm.......a 257 TCU that I've got planned. Just for kicks!
AR 243
Yet another try for an accurate Ruger 77/22 Hornet sporter, but this will be My last attempt to get one that will shoot as this will be My third try.............Hb
Perhaps a 204...one caliber I have never owned...
I'm waiting for a CZ 527 in .17 Hornady Hornet. It might take them a year or two to get into the pipeline, so I'll just be patient................
A 22 centerfire, probably a 223. But with a 16 year old son who has outgrown his youth size guns and my daughter pregnant with my first grandkids (yeah it's plural, twin boys) I think I'll be buying guns for a loooong time.

Dale
I think I'm done. My new Beretta O/U has pretty well filled the last place in the safe.
Either a Mossberg ATR 100 or a Savage Axis/Edge, I hear that they are great. Just kidding!

Jeff

Your girlfriend reading over your shoulder???
Weatherby vanguard in .257 weatherby.
Got that one (the Vanguard in .257) - my next is an AR I'm going to build. I pick up the lower on Friday and the upper has been ordered...then a parts kit and a stock....
Posted By: TDN Re: my next gun will be a......??? - 02/14/12
Good question... don't need anything as 22LR, 223, a couple 308's, 12ga, ML's and 45/70 reside in permanent places now.

But after I finish my doctoral work... two classy rigs are going to be in order:

A nice 20ga side by side and a 9.3x62 built on a M70 or MRC99 in some nice bastogne w/ a McWoddy for foul weather. (both in red pads of course grin )
Rifle: 338 WM M70 Alaskan
[Linked Image]

Pistol: S&W model 29 4" bbl preferably pinned and recessed.
Kinda like this one:
[Linked Image]
GAP ( GA Precision) in 6mm Crusader with a nice S&B scope on top, anyone have about $8,500 laying around that they dont need. smile
Here is an example;

http://weww.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1800435

....SmokeRolls
Faux Ti 260...
Been selling off several lately to downsize my accumulation of firearms, but just added an unfired (made in 1991) 12 gauge Browning A-5 for waterfowl hunting. As soon as I sell off two more I am going to find a mid-1960's deluxe basketweave Remington M760 in .308 WIN - been wanting one of those a long time. That will pretty much have me set unless another notion strikes.
Already on the way.

A 7x57 built by Melvin Forbes from a 270 Colt Light Rifle donor. I also sent him a S&B Summit to put on top. Pretty anxious to see the result.

donsm70
A new model 7 in 7mm08
My Montana 84L was my last rifle for a long time!
I have bought too many.... with most of them being sold....
Now I have a collection worthy...., that I am satisfied with. And that way I can get acquainted with what I have wink

Yes, boring I know LOL
something just for coyotes. either a savage predator, a tc venture predator, or some configuration of an AR.
Originally Posted by donsm70
Already on the way.

A 7x57 built by Melvin Forbes from a 270 Colt Light Rifle donor. I also sent him a S&B Summit to put on top. Pretty anxious to see the result.

donsm70

Very cool!
As of now, the next gun will be a Mauser 98 in 9.3x62 (I got in on that Zastava group buy).
a predator based AR
My current build is a flint lock 54 caliber plains rifle.
After that will be a flint lock smooth bore of some sort.
Posted By: DMc Re: my next gun will be a......??? - 02/14/12
Ran across an abused Rem 600 priced so that I couldn't pass it up. So I'm slowly rebirthing it.

[Linked Image]
Another Cooper Classic, I am just trying to make up my mind whether to go to a sub-caliber (20) or larger (24 or 26).

drover
Mmmmmm.....
a 257 Bob would be nice.....
Then again a 7mmWSM too.........

Have seen a nice Ruger Mk1 in 257 Bob ....

Gus
Probably go for Cooper #4 in some small centerfire caliber with a good hunk of wood on it. Or have something custom done in a 6x284 or 6.5X284
Ruger Alaskan -- .375 Ruger
Remington 5R Milspec 308 winchester

Ruger African .375 Ruger

LMT AR 5.56

Those are the next to be purchased.
Winchester 2012 Shot show special m70 featherweight in 257 roberts
Sig 938
Forbes Rifle
.375 barrel for my Blaser R-93

In that order
.300 Win Mag, either Savage or Ruger...
Something shinny in a 25-06.............
Forbes rifle with Leupold 6x36.
Posted By: RVB Re: my next gun will be a......??? - 02/15/12
Thinking .243 for deer and coyote/wolves, and something my sons can shoot as well. Maybe a Tikka...or a featherweight model 70.

Cheers,

R
A Remington CDL in .270....

Ken
I'm thinking, a Ruger, Boat paddle, in 35 Whelen. grin
.25 caliber either a 257 Bob or a 25-06,have to replace my 257 that was stolen along with my other guns
Either going to take the Rem. 25-06 cdl I just recently got and start a 6.5x284 build out of it or pick up a Kimber Montana in 280AI.
Mostly likely a T3 in .243, then maybe a Ruger Alaskan in .375 Ruger
Saving for a Cooper 54 in 250 Savage.

Ken
That explains the sell-off!

George
LH Montana ASR-SS 338 Win Mag is in the works. Hoping this Montana keeps me from buying another Cooper frown
243AI, 257 Bob, 308 switch barrel. in the works now...
Kimber 84M 257 Roberts ought to be showing up any day now.....I have thoughts of a light weight 7x57, Lilja #1, stocked in a McMillan Edge on a spare 700 action. If Kimber offered a 7x57, I'd roll with one.
Rock River 6.8spc
Probably a sharps replica or some other fun gun as I have plenty of scoped hunting rifles to do me. I could be tempted by a ruger #1 though. I am thinking one of the 30-30 chambered 1A's might be interesting.
Kimber 84L in 35 Whelen . . . the first one with nice wood I see

Posted By: KDK Re: my next gun will be a......??? - 02/17/12
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Kimber 84L in 35 Whelen . . . the first one with nice wood I see

Oops, forgot about that one... may need to re-organize my list...
everyday that decision gets changed !!
A customized Rossi M92 in 45 Colt...

in

5 days!

smile Snake smile
Haven't decided the caliber yet but it's going to be a Kimber Montana 8400L
Ruger single six hunter model if I could find one....
© 24hourcampfire