Home
Posted By: Powerguy Absolutely Nothing was - 03/07/12
Killed before the internet. Aint no way in heck any animals died as a result of hunting before the internet.

Seems that now days its getting to the point where a 375 h&h with solids, under a nightforce 1-15,000 power scope is barely marginal as a chipmunk stopping rifle.

Sheeesh!

How hard can we make some of this chitt?

grin
I wouldn't use a 375 on adult chipmunks. Thinking a 416 Rigby ought to be considered minimum.

Still laugh at the guys that NEED a 338 magnum or better for moose. I'll have to tell my Uncle Mack that the 50 or so he shot with his 30-30 were just in his dreams. laugh

And before the internet 1.5" 100 yard groups were fine for a hunting rifle. Now all the hunting rifles shoot WELL under half inch groups all day long.
Posted By: cptenca Re: Absolutely Nothing was - 03/07/12
You should put it in a McMillan
Posted By: Powerguy Re: Absolutely Nothing was - 03/07/12
Originally Posted by cptenca
You should put it in a McMillan

With a 20 moa base also
Originally Posted by the_shootist
I wouldn't use a 375 on adult chipmunks. Thinking a 416 Rigby ought to be considered minimum.

Still laugh at the guys that NEED a 338 magnum or better for moose. I'll have to tell my Uncle Mack that the 50 or so he shot with his 30-30 were just in his dreams. laugh

And before the internet 1.5" 100 yard groups were fine for a hunting rifle. Now all the hunting rifles shoot WELL under half inch groups all day long.

The northern variety chipmunks may even rate the Lott, as a stopping rifle.
As long as it shoots sub 1/2 MOA.
All day long, no matter how hot the barrel gets.

Atsa fact.
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Absolutely Nothing was - 03/07/12
I'm on a lot of different forums,it's the same way no matter what the subject.You have to remember it's just a bunch of guys talking.

I love the web and talk forums.I've learned a lot and made some good friends but you have to be as smart as an old cow.You have to learn to eat the hay and spit out the sticks.
Posted By: WPAH Re: Absolutely Nothing was - 03/07/12
It seems like there are only two types.

Extremes:
Excessive calibers, scope magnification, etc.

Haters:
Hate magnums and pretty much anything new or newer.

I appreciate the variety of products that us shooters and hunters have to choose from: traditional to cutting edge new.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Absolutely Nothing was - 03/07/12
Internet forums are nothing more than a personalized Fantasy Island.

The novelty is wearing off for many, myself included.
Posted By: AKduck Re: Absolutely Nothing was - 03/07/12
"As long as it shoots sub 1/2 MOA."

Everything shoots 1/2 MOA these days. Makes me wonder how I ever put meat in the freezer with my poor shooters.
Posted By: McCray Re: Absolutely Nothing was - 03/07/12
It used to be an inch group at 100 yards was brag worthy.

Then it went 1/2 inch at 100 yards.

Now it's 1/2 inch at 200 yards.

And the first liar ain't got a chance. laugh
Originally Posted by McCray

Guys like that are fun to mess with especially when you can get them to bring one of their rifles that shoot that good to a competition. I knew a guy that said his sako trgs would shoot 1/2" groups at 300 yards. Should have heard the excuses he came up with when he wasn't the one walking away with the money....Glad I finally convinced him to bring it to the club....

[Linked Image]

Stupid sumbeeshes.....Guys that say they'll cut the X-ring out of the target crack me up too.... whistle
Posted By: doubletap Re: Absolutely Nothing was - 03/07/12

Problem with the 30-30 is that it needs a 40 moa base and they are hard to find. smile
Posted By: 8mmwapiti Re: Absolutely Nothing was - 03/07/12
Originally Posted by McCray

McCray,

I feel that I need to point out that it is not only the first but the first dozen liars.

The internet is an example of a technological extension of the old saying "paper will not refuse ink"

with a grain of salt gentlemen, or maybe a sack of salt.

8mmwapiti

Posted By: 1minute Re: Absolutely Nothing was - 03/07/12
Not true. One just needs to step back and read something quaintly printed on paper for a change.
Posted By: temmi Re: Absolutely Nothing was - 03/07/12

I have the 338...
I need a moose

Snake
© 24hourcampfire