Home
Posted By: pacecars Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
Can anyone tell me why people get so upset when someone says something bad about the brand of rifle they use? I mean good Lord people it is just a tool. Don't get me wrong because I am a rifle loony through and through but I don't get my panties all bunched up if someone doesn't like a gun that I do. Can we grow up?
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
I've read it too, its funny as hell, ICGAS if folks like my rifles or not, if a man likes what he has, or in some cases may be all he can afford at the time, no one should look or talk down another mans weapon.

After all, he is a sportsman and trying to hunt and shoot, and his VOTE is just as important than anyone else's.

Gunner
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
Originally Posted by pacecars
Can we grow up?

No, probably not. The same thing happens when the conversation turns to trucks, cars, whiskey, TV's, boots, tires, computers, etc. etc. etc.... If there is more than one type, brand or model of something there will be lively discussions. grin
Posted By: Sako Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
It is all about the need of some people to believe they have the best and they are right about everything.... If you do not agree with what they say then they get their undies in a wad.... basic play yard behavior for those who have not grown up yet....

Posted By: shrapnel Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

I believe this is where people feel the line has been crossed, when their gun has been insulted. I know I disliked Dodge trucks for years and now I drive one...
Posted By: deflave Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
Can anyone tell me why people get so upset when someone says something bad about the brand of rifle they use? I mean good Lord people it is just a tool. Don't get me wrong because I am a rifle loony through and through but I don't get my panties all bunched up if someone doesn't like a gun that I do. Can we grow up?

Say what you will about the woman I'm with. But leave my rifles alone.

Travis
Originally Posted by shrapnel
John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

I believe this is where people feel the line has been crossed, when their gun has been insulted. I know I disliked Dodge trucks for years and now I drive one...

That makes me want to buy a Dodge.

Travis
Posted By: ingwe Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
My favorite is the optics forum...lots of good optics out there...but if yours arent GREAT, you just dont merit the bandwidth...the phunny part is that those who expound at length about miracle optics ordinarily do their shooting from a bench someplace...those who slap a Leupy on an '06 and use them till the finish is worn off- with nary a problem I might add- are woefully absent from the conversations...
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Do you know how hard I'm biting my virtual tongue on this one?? eek

I will say one thing in your defense...your rifles look to be the more tawdry of the two...especially that green and yellow 10/22 thing...
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
you mean slap on a Conquest......
Originally Posted by kenjs1
you mean slap on a Conquest......

Bastid! grin
Posted By: Redneck Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
Originally Posted by ingwe
My favorite is the optics forum...lots of good optics out there...but if yours arent GREAT, you just dont merit the bandwidth....
You think that's bad, just wander over to the 'photography' forum.. If you don't use Canon - you're dog barf...

Posted By: BobinNH Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
...those who slap a Leupy on an '06 and use them till the finish is worn off- with nary a problem I might add- are woefully absent from the conversations...

Not absent.....but their opinions and experiences get lost in the din...They can't POSSIBLY know anything... grin
Originally Posted by BobinNH
...those who slap a Leupy on an '06 and use them till the finish is worn off- with nary a problem I might add- are woefully absent from the conversations...

Not absent.....but their opinions and experiences get lost in the din...They can't POSSIBLY know anything... grin

True dat Bob...and this is not to mention the rare devastatingly handsome individual with more practical experience on game than Karamojo Bell...who happily sallies forth with a 1.5-5 Leupy mounted on a push feed 7x57 and fills arks with wreckless abandon...... whistle

True dat Bob...and this is not to mention the rare devastatingly handsome individual with more practical experience on game than Karamojo Bell...who happily sallies forth with a 1.5-5 Leupy mounted on a push feed 7x57 and fills arks with wreckless abandon...... whistle

I wuz thinkin' that....the thought crossed my mind! grin
Posted By: Dess Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
When my shooting is good enough to notice the difference in accuracy between gun makers I'll feel entitled to criticize.

That said, many people on the campfire, myself included, have personal preferences about seemingly insignificant qualities in firearms. What might be important to me, like having iron sights on a rifle, doesn't mean anything to anyone else.

In my opinion, the level of financial ability in hunting varies tremendously from person to person. Some people will only use the very best regardless of cost. Others will be just as satisfied using an older gun because the animal doesn't know the cost.

I've found a lot of good and bad information here on qualities I simply haven't considered.
Posted By: pacecars Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
My favorite is the optics forum...lots of good optics out there...but if yours arent GREAT, you just dont merit the bandwidth...the phunny part is that those who expound at length about miracle optics ordinarily do their shooting from a bench someplace...those who slap a Leupy on an '06 and use them till the finish is worn off- with nary a problem I might add- are woefully absent from the conversations...

Very true. I guess if you spend a couple of grand on a scope you may feel the need to justify it to yourself. I like Leupolds best but have no problems with people that don't
Posted By: medicman Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
I think it shows our self important concepts. If I have made a choice it must be the correct choice If someone points out the possibility of a better choice it must be a criticsm of me personally.

The first time I encountered this with firearms was at a PPC shoot. I had purchased a Taurus 2" barrel revolver to compete in the side match for snubbies. There was much derisive laughter and commentary on the poor quality of the gun. That is until I shot a 600/54X round with it. It was the first off market firearm I ever purchased but would not be the last.

Please realise that criticism will come no matter what your choices are. If you believe your choice was actually flawed do something about it. In all reality your choice is Aas valid as anyone elses.

Travis

Do you know how hard I'm biting my virtual tongue on this one?? eek

I will say one thing in your defense...your rifles look to be the more tawdry of the two...especially that green and yellow 10/22 thing...

I don't know what tawdry means so I'll just play it safe and tell you to GFY.

Travis
Posted By: rifle Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
Yea,but I still won't have a Remington 700. I mean really,why would I go to the trouble to get it out of the safe,bag it, collect some ammo,drive to range to shoot and have the bolt handle fall off....WTF? and just sit there with nothing to shoot?
I 'll stick to my Rugers,Winchesters,Brno's and Mausers...

now,we can begin..."Fight Club"!
Posted By: Tanner Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12

And not to mention, humble too laugh
Posted By: mathman Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
... and fills arks with wreckless abandon ...

Spelling the same way he fills the arks. laugh
I wouldn't argue with a guy that has been using the same equipment for 150 years.

Travis
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
have had t/c products, remington, weatherby, howa, winchester, savage, and a couple mausers i had built. other than one ruger and one winchester, they would all stay sub-moa just about every time i went to the range. with handloads tailored for them and a stable rest, not much different.

i'd say on average the savages and vanguards shot best, but not far behind were remington and t/c.

so i'm not the type to pick only one and throw a fit about its qualities. smile

but i will rag on swampy now and then
Posted By: moosemike Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12

Sounds like the Leupy on my '06. It's been there since the mid 60's.
Posted By: temmi Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
When someone says your baby is ugly or stupid, how do you feel?

Same with rifles...

Or�

Is it?

Snake
Posted By: logcutter Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12

Or the K-4 sitting on my .270 Pre '64 since the 50's.

Jayco
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
Originally Posted by rifle
Yea,but I still won't have a Remington 700. I mean really,why would I go to the trouble to get it out of the safe,bag it, collect some ammo,drive to range to shoot and have the bolt handle fall off....WTF? and just sit there with nothing to shoot?

Mdl 700 shooters don't fight. We just listen to everybody else whine.
Posted By: BrentD Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
Around here, people get bashed for everything else. Why should their choice of rifle be any exception?
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
Excellent point, maturity is not just a matter of age it's also in the mind, some never grow up..................Hb
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
Originally Posted by BrentD
Around here, people get bashed for everything else. Why should their choice of rifle be any exception?

Good point.
Posted By: Swampman700 Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
A Model 700 is not "just a tool", it's the best in the world.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
After some of the chatter about the [bleep] 700 ti, I felt like tossing mine in the dump....

Glad I reconsidered wink
Posted By: pacecars Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
Originally Posted by Swampman700
A Model 700 is not "just a tool", it's the best in the world.

Well the owner is then
I wouldn't argue with a guy that has been using the same equipment for 150 years.

Travis

Just in case I haven't said this to you recently...

[bleep] you.....

grin
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
It's like the old man you don't know, but got paired up with at the golf course to play a round with......if he's got a 30 yr old putter you're gonna get your azz beat.

Travis

Just in case I haven't said this to you recently...

[bleep] you.....

grin

Thanks. I was feeling kind of low with all this rain.

Travis
Originally Posted by JGRaider
It's like the old man you don't know, but got paired up with at the golf course to play a round with......if he's got a 30 yr old putter you're gonna get your azz beat.

You call it a putter?

Must be a West Texas thing. Like vodka and gatorade.

Travis
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
What do you call it? Give me a cold Bud Light like the rest of the Mexicans drink out here......
Originally Posted by logcutter

Jayco

Man, you guys is OLD! grin
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Rifle bashing - 05/02/12
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by rifle

Mdl 700 shooters don't fight. We just listen to everybody else whine.

Perfect.

Posted By: RDFinn Future Mod 70 owner - 05/02/12
grin

Posted By: navlav8r Re: Future Mod 70 owner - 05/02/12
Brag all you want about your own rifles but don't "diss" mine to make you feel better about yours smile
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Future Mod 70 owner - 05/02/12
That's the point. I don't bitch about mine.
Posted By: setch Re: Future Mod 70 owner - 05/02/12
The whole idea is lost on me...why would anyone care about what others say about their __________________ (fill in ther blank), rifles, etc?
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Future Mod 70 owner - 05/02/12
Have no idea. Certain groups act as if you were calling their mother or daughter a whore.
Posted By: acesandeights Re: Future Mod 70 owner - 05/02/12
Some people try to appear taller by cutting off the heads of others. They do this to try to level the playing field; as everyone knows the tallest, best looking, wealthiest, most intelligent people shoot Marlin lever-guns.
Posted By: rifle Re: Future Mod 70 owner - 05/02/12
You're right...you are all right,but none of these ever had the bolt handle touched(ALL P/64 M70's)...If you didn't want to hear the true,then maybe you can't handle it.If you don't want to know the bad crap,then why bring it up? Really,who's whinning?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Future Mod 70 owner - 05/02/12
Originally Posted by RDFinn
grin

I don't know about your guns, but this has to be the stupidest video I have never watched, what the hell does it have to do with anything???
Posted By: rifle Re: Future Mod 70 owner - 05/03/12
If you noticed they also changed to OP header question...?
Where the Fu#$k are all these kids coming from?
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Future Mod 70 owner - 05/03/12
Add to the list.....not so bright either.
Posted By: greentimber Re: Rifle bashing - 05/03/12
Originally Posted by Redneck
[quote=ingwe] You think that's bad, just wander over to the 'photography' forum.. If you don't use Canon - you're dog barf...

Well, in that case you would be dog barf.

grin
Posted By: Steelhead I Like Eggs - 05/03/12
SUCKS ain't just a clever name...
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Rifle bashing - 05/03/12
Originally Posted by gunner500
I've read it too, its funny as hell, ICGAS if folks like my rifles or not, if a man likes what he has, or in some cases may be all he can afford at the time, no one should look or talk down another mans weapon.

After all, he is a sportsman and trying to hunt and shoot, and his VOTE is just as important than anyone else's.

Gunner

Nicely said gunner.....You know I like running the el-cheapo Ruger m77's just like you do...... grin Just don't say anything about my model 70's or I'll get pissed grin whistle
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Future Mod 70 owner - 05/03/12
That's the point. I don't bitch about mine.

Rifles or optics huh Roy..... grin

Don't you mean Burris......I only put leupys on my nice rifles that get their pictures taken and don't get taken out in the woods..... grin
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Future Mod 70 owner - 05/03/12
Ok....you got me there....... grin

That guy sounds gay to me. You sure he wasn't using a 270.....
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Rifle bashing - 05/03/12
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Don't you mean Burris......I only put leupys on my nice rifles that get their pictures taken and don't get taken out in the woods..... grin

Say that in the Optics Forum and there will be heads exploding....
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Say that in the Optics Forum and there will be heads exploding....

grin
Funny thing is I've never argued with anyone about scopes that have actually used them. It's the ones who don't use em or the ones who are mono minded and lack objectivity that make me laugh.
Funny thing is I've never argued with anyone about scopes that have actually used them. It's the ones who don't use em or the ones who are mono minded and lack objectivity that make me laugh.

I'm still using the one I bought from you. It's a great scope....... grin I just put it in talley lightweights and shot it the other day. Still shooting just fine:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Great scope!! Oh wait, arn't we susposed to be "rifle bashing"..... blush Carry on guys....
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: Rifle bashing - 05/03/12
4 pages of bitching about other folks bitching.

Quit acting like [bleep]. grin

Except Poobah...he can't help it. wink
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
4 pages of bitching about other folks bitching.

Quit acting like [bleep]. grin

Except Poobah...he can't help it. wink

grin
Posted By: DMc Re: Rifle bashing - 05/03/12
Had a fair rifle collection, but when I got my grubby mitts on these, everything else was for sale. Guess I'm mono-minded now...,

[Linked Image]

Haters, feel free to bash and/or flame.

I like that. Simple and all business..
Posted By: boomer68 Re: Rifle bashing - 05/03/12
Another great way to get some people heated up is to mention your like for Weatherby Mk V rifles. Man, the haters on some sites are brutal.
Here's another:

[Linked Image]

....and the only modification I've made:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: nmitchell Re: Rifle bashing - 05/03/12
I don't give a [bleep] what anyone thinks about my guns.

Neil

P.S. I do like the put downs tho. I learn alot about other brands that I might be interested in someday.
Posted By: idnative1948 Re: Rifle bashing - 05/03/12
Lot of good points put up here. Why I don't post pics of what I shoot, what glass, what boolits. Just not worth it. After all is the internet.
But sure some fun reading at times when somebody starts flaming out.
Posted By: 270WSMANIC Re: Rifle bashing - 05/03/12
Can't we all just get along? Any rifle/cartridge combo that shoots straight and kills clean time after time is a great rifle, cept of course for the '06...
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Future Mod 70 owner - 05/03/12
Originally Posted by setch
The whole idea is lost on me...why would anyone care about what others say about their __________________ (fill in ther blank), rifles, etc?
Because lots of people have a really weak sense of self and need to identify who they are by their stuff, and especially because they think the whole world is all about them.

�Oh, so you chose a different rifle than I did? Well, the only reason you did that was that you must think my rifle is a piece of sh*t, huh? And if you think my rifle is a piece of sh*t then that must mean that you think I�m a friggin� idiot for buying it! Yeah, I knew your whole reason for liking a different rifle was just to insult me! well then, f*** you, a**hole!

"And by the way, I'm now going to hate you forever since you deliberately insulted me like this when I never did anything to you, so I'm going to follow you around from post to post and attack you whenever I can."

"And don't get all pissy about that, either, 'cause YOU started it!!!!" mad mad mad mad
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Future Mod 70 owner - 05/03/12
And while we're on the subject, I've spent the last four years studying human nature and psychology. Reading the books is like going to lectures in college, but this forum is the best lab for actually watching human nature in action than any other place I can imagine.
Posted By: Tony Re: Rifle bashing - 05/03/12
Originally Posted by DMc
Here's another:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A wooden trigger shoe?
Originally Posted by Tony
A wooden trigger shoe?

Synthetic only goes so far...
Posted By: redfoxx Re: Rifle bashing - 05/03/12
My rifle is the best and if you don't agree, or use the same thing I do, then your just a friggin moron...
Posted By: avagadro Re: Rifle bashing - 05/03/12
Originally Posted by redfoxx
My rifle is the best and if you don't agree, or use the same thing I do, then your just a friggin moron...

Oddly enough some guy on the interweb calling me a moron just doesn't sting .... {sniff sniff}
Posted By: hamr56 Re: Rifle bashing - 05/03/12
One reason is that people will say things on the internet that they will never say to your face. The internet will also put groups of people together that outside of one tiny common interest have nothing else in common.

I typically don't hang with anyone that would bash another person's stuff. Life is too short to be bothered with people who are missing chromosomes, which impact the ability of their brain to keep up with their mouth. However online I often find myself with these exact "hater/jealous types". So I have learned if you put it out there for commment, be careful you just may get what you wished for.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Rifle bashing - 05/03/12
Originally Posted by DMc
Here's another:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A wooden trigger shoe?

its from Holland...
Originally Posted by DMc
Here's another:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A wooden trigger shoe?

its from Holland...

HaHaHaHa LOLOL
Posted By: Bulletbutt Re: Future Mod 70 owner - 05/03/12
Originally Posted by shrapnel
grin

I don't know about your guns, but this has to be the stupidest video I have never watched, what the hell does it have to do with anything???

It sounds like it's an ad for a varmint call. Let me know how it works... I may rent one.

grin
Posted By: JimUllrich Re: Rifle bashing - 05/04/12
Whatever you do, do not put a Leupold on an Ithaca Deerslayer. Parts of NY are shotgun and my Deerslayer might as well be a "scope slayer". Two Leupolds, a Simmons and a Zeiss Conquest all went back to the factory for rehab after shooting 385 gr. slugs at 1900 fps. Nikon Slug Hunter seems to be holding up.
Posted By: moosemike Re: Rifle bashing - 05/04/12
Originally Posted by logcutter

Jayco

Man, you guys is OLD! grin

Not really. My Grandpa put that Leupold on that .30-06. He just passed it on to me a few years ago.
Posted By: moosemike Re: Rifle bashing - 05/04/12
Originally Posted by boomer68
Another great way to get some people heated up is to mention your like for Weatherby Mk V rifles. Man, the haters on some sites are brutal.

I love Mark V's! Nothing better IMO.
Posted By: bigsqueeze Re: Rifle bashing - 05/04/12
Originally Posted by moosemike

.........I`m sure some Bee haters will volunteer to stand a few hundred yards downrange from a well sighted in Mk5... laugh

Really like my 338-378 Accumark. Let`em bash and hate the Mk5s all they want.
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Rifle bashing - 05/04/12
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

.........I`m sure some Bee haters will volunteer to stand a few hundred yards downrange from a well sighted in Mk5... laugh

But if the are hit will they rise form the dead too?
Posted By: boomer68 Re: Rifle bashing - 05/04/12

It's called envy wink
Posted By: woofer Re: Rifle bashing - 05/05/12
What really sucks is reading three pages of this after thinking up all kinds of good [bleep] to say and find everyone else has already said it...
Posted By: bigsqueeze Re: Rifle bashing - 05/05/12
Originally Posted by wahunterinrok
But if the are hit will they rise form the dead too?
............Waa Waa hunter in da rok.....Let me help you out just a little here.

Quoting you now per letter....."But if the are hit will they rise form the dead too?".....Unquote......."The are hit?" and "form the dead?" laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Here`s the correct way to type what you wanted to type.

"But if THEY are hit (a comma should go right here btw), will they rise FROM the dead too?

Yo fingaas a little too fat for your keyboard there?... laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: sig45elite Re: Rifle bashing - 05/05/12

Wow, you and bigsqueeze , found two guys who like Weatherbys?
On this site, and http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=657592
...they HATE the Weatherby MK5, well my post here & there was for choosing a DG rifles, the Weatherby being one of 4, ( others CZ Safari Classic, Sako 85 Kodiak & McMillan Prestige ).
They say PHs in Africa loath Weatherbys and they fail miserably when stressed and mildly tossed around, they are only good for the range?
ONLY CRF is suitable for a DGR, not the cheap inferior PF of a Weatherby or Remington ???
Originally Posted by sig45elite

Wow, you and bigsqueeze , found two guys who like Weatherbys?
On this site, and http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=657592
...they HATE the Weatherby MK5, well my post here & there was for choosing a DG rifles, the Weatherby being one of 4, ( others CZ Safari Classic, Sako 85 Kodiak & McMillan Prestige ).
They say PHs in Africa loath Weatherbys and they fail miserably when stressed and mildly tossed around, they are only good for the range?
ONLY CRF is suitable for a DGR, not the cheap inferior PF of a Weatherby or Remington ???
.....They say PHs in Africa loath Weatherbys? And who might they be?

And under "what type of stress" exactly do Weatherby rifles fail miserably? And exactly under what type of "mildly tossing around" do they fail?

A Weatherby fail miserably while under stress and after being mildly tossed around?....Yeah! Sure!

Yeah! Maybe if operated by a complete and total incompetent moron.

Haven`t been to Africa,,,yet. But I wouldn`t hesitate using my Accumark under any condition or on any animal where the 338 caliber is legal.
Posted By: kawi Re: Rifle bashing - 05/05/12
The only world is around you be safe.
Just read that highroad.org site. I do read where some have preferences for the CRFs, while others use, don`t mind using, and have not had any issues with their Bee push feeds.

Unless I missed something, there were no descriptions offered on that thread as to what type of stresses or under what types of being tossed around the Weatherbys fail.

If an African PH ever tells me someday that he won`t accept anyone using an Accumark, then I use another PH.
Posted By: moosemike Re: Rifle bashing - 05/05/12
I've heard plenty of African PH's say they don't have any time for Weatherby's. It's generally always the cartridges though and not the guns. And that's generally because a lot of guys run the wrong bullets. You need a pretty stout 180 to hold together for a 50 yard shoulder shot with a .300 Bee. A 200 is a much better choice.
Posted By: Sportdog Re: Rifle bashing - 05/05/12
Originally Posted by JimUllrich
Whatever you do, do not put a Leupold on an Ithaca Deerslayer. Parts of NY are shotgun and my Deerslayer might as well be a "scope slayer". Two Leupolds, a Simmons and a Zeiss Conquest all went back to the factory for rehab after shooting 385 gr. slugs at 1900 fps. Nikon Slug Hunter seems to be holding up.
Wow, that's bad. I use cheap Bushnells and have never had a failure in my slug guns. I did have a cheap Simmons get the reticle rearranged by heavy turkey loads. Maybe I'm just lucky.
I've heard plenty of African PH's say they don't have any time for Weatherby's. It's generally always the cartridges though and not the guns. And that's generally because a lot of guys run the wrong bullets. You need a pretty stout 180 to hold together for a 50 yard shoulder shot with a .300 Bee. A 200 is a much better choice.
...........Oh good! I was really worried there! Not the fault of the round, the Wby rifles, but instead the bullet selection.

Too light a bullet moving too fast upon impact because it is fired from a much shorter range can cause some "holding together" problems.
Posted By: boomer68 Re: Rifle bashing - 05/06/12
...........Oh good! I was really worried there! Not the fault of the round, the Wby rifles, but instead the bullet selection.

Too light a bullet moving too fast upon impact because it is fired from a much shorter range can cause some "holding together" problems.

But would that not also apply to ANY magnum caliber? See what I mean about Weatherby bashing. If a person takes a RUM to Africa in a PF Remington and uses the wrong bullet, would those same PH's condemn all Remington's and the RUM...nope, don't think so!
Ah well, as stated, I would pick another PH to pay my money to.
Posted By: sig45elite Re: Rifle bashing - 05/07/12

But would that not also apply to ANY magnum caliber? See what I mean about Weatherby bashing. If a person takes a RUM to Africa in a PF Remington and uses the wrong bullet, would those same PH's condemn all Remington's and the RUM...nope, don't think so!
Ah well, as stated, I would pick another PH to pay my money to.

I wonder what guys on the Weatherby forums would say about this, probably have a good laugh. I always heard Weatherby had some of the strongest bolt actions known? If they can handle those high pressure bee cartridges, how much more so the lesser magnum & standards rnds?
Maybe the reputation with African PHs came from the clowns that would show up with their elephant guns biggest baddest .460 Weatherbys who could not hit the broad side of a barn?
But does the bad attitude for large caliber Wbys. translate to the guy who shows up with "classic" DG calibers like .600 & .700 nitro express and likewise cannot hit the barn???
Never hear much about that, and I am sure guys show up with bolts and the well heeled hunter with a double in a traditional African big bore?
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Rifle bashing - 05/07/12

I wonder what guys on the Weatherby forums would say about this, probably have a good laugh....

Maybe that's where you should be hanging out. Go to a Winchester forum and they'll BM everything else. Mauser forum....? Same thing. If you want to use Barnes bullets, you probably won't get alot of pats on the back on a Nosler forum either.
Posted By: BobinNH Re: Rifle bashing - 05/07/12

I wonder what guys on the Weatherby forums would say about this, probably have a good laugh....

Maybe that's where you should be hanging out. Go to a Winchester forum and they'll BM everything else. Mauser forum....? Same thing. If you want to use Barnes bullets, you probably won't get alot of pats on the back on a Nosler forum either.

Don't be so jaundiced..... grin
Posted By: Dr_Lou Re: Rifle bashing - 05/08/12
Hey, if you can't poke fun at yourself or your stuff, poke fun at others.
Posted By: CAFR Re: Rifle bashing - 05/13/12
Originally Posted by gunner500

Gunner

Ford or Chevy? LOL
Posted By: boomer68 Re: Rifle bashing - 05/18/12
Originally Posted by CAFR

Ford or Chevy? LOL

Dodge of course...
© 24hourcampfire