Home
as i picked up my lay-away dream rifle, the manager asked me what i plan to do with "that old beater"! been waiting to pay the thing off since oct. 28. hah! christ almighty, this thing is sweet. got to replace the assco 3-9 soon!
They certainly are neat!
I wish that I had bought more 21/22H's when they were easier to find at a decent price but I am happy with the few that I have..
most of us need pics....
AND the caliber, and.... and.... yer killin us here, man!
sorry guys, didnt mean to leave the brno guys hanging. its a double square bridge, dst, butter knife,..........7x57! pics monday pm hopefully. has a redfield one-piece base. needs a good scrubbing and scoping load suggestions. all the help making this little dream of a rifle complete is greatly appreciated. rick
slacker...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
can you believe someone put a tasco on that
Cool buy......jealousy burns in my heart. grin
Can't be jealous, got one. Hell yeah! Remember the scope can't go too low as the bolt handle travels a right smart, uppards wink
much better. what's on it for a buttpad?

they look interesting to me. hope to have a 6.5 going this fall for killing a few deer...
no pad, just a black plate.
ALways love to see an old BRNO. Great rifle you have there.
Tell me the manager was kidding when he called that "an old beater"!!!
Who would spend good money for that "old beater"? This guy! Lol
Originally Posted by tomk
most of us need pics....

Yep. If there ain'tpics, it didn't happen smile !!

Cartridge would be great, too...
Originally Posted by LEADMINER
Tell me the manager was kidding when he called that "an old beater"!!!

...but not until AFTER it's paid for!
Nice rifle! I really like my Brno's too. They are a bit less rare in Canada, but they aren't exactly common here either. I have been hunting with my full stock carbine (22f )7x57 and half stock rifle (21H) 7x64 so much in recent seasons that my other rifles are getting jealous. Moose, Mule Deer and whitetail have all been bagged.
I was fortunate to find a "old beater" 21H in 8x57 last year that will need some TLC, but it has a factory original low bolt and single adjustable trigger that makes it about the ideal rifle for me. It will be a fun project to restore it. I found that with my 7x57 it has a long throat and fast twist, it likes long heavy bullets.
Enjoy shooting yours!
© 24hourcampfire