Home
Posted By: THOMASMAGNUM Brno ZKK 601 Pic added - 07/27/12
Anyone know much about these? The good... the bad? What is a fair price for one in .243 including the integral rings?
[Linked Image]

Just looking for any info you guys can share.
Thanks.
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Brno ZKK 601 Pic added - 07/27/12
Where did you get that? Is it a current production rifle? All I can say is that Brno made some very fine rifles.
No its a rifle for sale locally that I am interested in. I like it pretty well, but was curious what folks knew about the ZKK models.

Posted By: Karnis Re: Brno ZKK 601 Pic added - 07/27/12
Very good. Indestructable. I would snatch it if the price was reasonable.
Ahhh but there in lies the rub.
What do you consider reasonable for it?

I think its high by about $200 right now, but considering I am not a Brno connoisseur I could be all wrong. grin

Posted By: Ready Re: Brno ZKK 601 Pic added - 07/27/12
Are we talking about the rifle in the picture?

If so, I find it hard to state a price. ZKK actions - especially the ones with the foldable peep sight under the rear ring - are a great base for a custom hunting rifle, IMHO.

The price would then for me much depend on the execution of the work and the components used - obviously.

Also - buying a used custom, check how close it will fit your idea of what the rifle should be.

ZKKs w/o the peep sight flood the market here in Europe.

Short action 601s run off the mill in huntable shape 450 $ US as a happy mean, roughly (w/o peep sight).

It is indeed the rifle pictured in question. I understand about the myriad of rifle out there.

No peep sight.
Stock looks to me like a Banser perhaps.
It seems to be a quality rifle... but a lot of unknowns.
Posted By: BRISTECD Re: Brno ZKK 601 Pic added - 07/27/12
I have a ZKK 600 7x57 that I purchased a couple of years ago for around $600 ANIB. It is a fantastic rifle and is easily the most accurate "big" rifle I have - 0.5-0.75 inch groups with multiple bullets and powder. I love it. Whittaker's Guns had a used one earlier this year I should have bought in 30-06 for $399 or something. I know where your pic is from and they will deal on the price usually, but I would not pay more than $750 tops.
Thanks for that. That is right in line with my thoughts of it being overpriced by about $200.

I figured someone would know where the gun is grin
I have done a fair bit of dealing with them in the past so hopefully I can get it for $700 or $750.
I might have to snag it if so.

Seems like it would be a real gem with a light 2-7x scope.

Thanks again!
© 24hourcampfire