Home
Has anyone spun these outta there wizzums yet? I have no clue what Id use them for but fck me...theyre tempting....
Get your mind out of the gutter.
Shat ap! The sticks coming with 130 TTSXs hopefully to ventilate a Northern Ontario Bull Moose this October. But part of me wants to see a 95 TTSX at 4000 fps launched into a doe or a runt black bear.
Anyone tell ya yur speshul lately?
You are special, but now that you mention 95TSX at 4k, I'm having sick thoughts.
Tanner theres a reason the kids at school called Rem "Handy Andy" and it wasnt cuz he was good at fixin' chit.....

Sick things is good....real good. You been trying to burn that Montana barrel out much lately?

PS- thems are 95 *TTSX* and theys got a BC better than most 257 cal pills....
Imagine what would happen to a ground squirrel... grin
I've found some time to shoot lately, the 270WSM drops are dialed in and the the sheet is taped on out to 600 with the 140sst at 3150. Should work.

I want to try the 95 or 110 TTSX, but it just hurts my soul paying $35 for 50 bullets!
Its only money Tan..just go make more laugh. Me and a buddy tallied up what I spent in the last two weeks on gear....lets just say as a first year apprentice I gotta work some more OT to put some $$$ back in the bank laugh

Nightshifts and paypal dont mix...

Besides I didnt REALLY need a new rad, wheel bearing, tie-rods/drags, and tires for my 1000$ truck anyways laugh

Winnie Id figure the 95 would work OK on squirrels...may wanna go to the 150 TSX though for more muzzle energy .
Winnie I shot a MagPie one time at about 40yds with a 130 BT doing about 3050fps... It was pretty dissapointing. Totally over penetrated! laugh
8.5-9 a day is enough for me. There's plenty to blow on bullets, but every time I see $33/50ct, I think about my upcoming college tuition... frown
You definitely have the right mentailty. College for sure puts a cramp into your gun-fun. I was in college last year and the year before. Luckily I picked up an apprenticeship in my 4th semester and they told me "youre done with college, its time.to make money." But the course schedule was excellent...4 day weeksthat left you with 3 days to do homework and of course hunt/fish/shoot laugh but the lack of money made it limited.

The nice thing is is if I ever want to finish the course its only one semester and Im done it.
I'm going to be golfing around the country, granted I make one of the top spots on the team, so I'm going to hardly have time for studying and women, much less my rifles. Home is only an hour and a half away, so I'll be coming up to fill tags as much as I can.

You're welding right?
Construction Millwright. We are also "Millwright-Welders" kinda your one stop shop for indutrial maintenance/construction needs laugh

And you have to make time for women...studying no...women yes.
I hope you get paid to remember that pitch.

Women always seem to get time made for them. If I had jugs and a more shapely azz, I would never work a day in my life. I need to find a rich woman, damn!
I dont get paid for the pitch, but tonight I have a very good job I cant complain about so I'll take that as payback for the chit ones past, present and future. laugh

You are in fact right...women are the damn devil...but fck...I love me some titties so I gotta make time...
Hey you two, just some advice from someone at 40. Last year or so I've spent less time drinking beer and chasing women and more time buying guns and shooting. Amazingly enough, my stress level has dropped and my bank account has gone up. Go figure!

Just something for you young guys to think about and look forward to!
laugh I keep the drinking regulated strictly. The women not so much, but I dont let them get too comfy and if theres even a hint of BS in the air Im like wise old Tom bird....GONE!

When I was 20ish I really stood back and realized the drinking every weekend had to go if I wanted nice toys. All my friends around me did nothing but piss money away every weekend. I dont hang with those dudes anymore and I have some nice toys for my age because of it laugh

The women...well if things dont go my way I have no problem telling them "dont let the door hit ya..."
Originally Posted by archie_james_c
laugh I keep the drinking regulated strictly. The women not so much, but I dont let them get too comfy and if theres even a hint of BS in the air Im like wise old Tom bird....GONE!

When I was 20ish I really stood back and realized the drinking every weekend had to go if I wanted nice toys. All my friends around me did nothing but piss money away every weekend. I dont hang with those dudes anymore and I have some nice toys for my age because of it laugh

The women...well if things dont go my way I have no problem telling them "dont let the door hit ya..."

You gotta make enough money to do all of it. eek
That there is something only true men the likes of John Wayne can accomplish laugh

Priorities:
Work
Guns
Family
Women
Booze
Originally Posted by Tanner
I've found some time to shoot lately, the 270WSM drops are dialed in and the the sheet is taped on out to 600 with the 140sst at 3150. Should work.

I want to try the 95 or 110 TTSX, but it just hurts my soul paying $35 for 50 bullets!

He hath seeneth the light!

On a serious note, if those dagone Barnes are as tuff as they say, a 95 grainer at 4000 fps should stop critters as viscious as Rosie O'Donnel, STAT!

**DISCLAIMER** This user does not advocate shooting Rosie O'Donnels.
Back in my twenties I finally took a long hard look at my monthly bar tabs and realized I could be making a nice car payment(or maybe even house payment) for what I spent drinking. That's when I realized if I ever wanted anything nice I had to make some changes.
Archie, know anyplace to get loading data for those pills and the WSM? I don't really want to extrapolate...
I hope you get paid to remember that pitch.

Women always seem to get time made for them. If I had jugs and a more shapely azz, I would never work a day in my life. I need to find a rich woman, damn!

I'll bet there are a few rich, old cougars at the country clubs, who would like to show you the ins and outs of life. wink
Hopefully more 'ins' than 'outs'... laugh

At the course I work at, all the old ladies are just that, old ladies! Not a damn cougar to be found.
Archie, know anyplace to get loading data for those pills and the WSM? I don't really want to extrapolate...

Go to the source:
Barnes

FWIW, I've run the 85 grain TSX at 3800 with RE-17 in several 270 Winchesters. From testing in packed wet newspaper, the penetration was greater than a 150 Partition at 2900. Haven't been able to keep one in a deer, and shoots as flat as a Swift. What's not to like?

Good gawd, a 95TTSX at 3800 would likely knock the wet off anything with a pulse, yeah? Might make a great lower recoiling round for my sister to kill schit with too.

Thanks for the link PG.
Yep, I tried some 85 TSX's loaded to 3000 fps in the vanilla 270. Figured they would work quite well as a low recoiling kid round, and since they were "designed" with the 6.8 SPC in mind, ought to open just fine. I've yet to see that load used on any game (loaded them for my sister's pre '64 M70); sure should get a chance this fall! Oh, and the first load tried through her rifle (can't remember off the top of my head) shot into an inch at 3000 fps, and seemed to kick about like a 243!
PG-how much R17 are you stuffing in that .270 case to get to 3800? And, how long of a tube?

Thx
Dober
Mark,

I was a bit dubious about the 3800 fps claim when I first read it in the Barnes manual, they actually show over 3900 with a 24" barrel!

After a bit of testing, I'm no longer doubting the claims.

I'm at 63 grains, which is 1 grain less than Barnes quoted max. I grabbed one case and reloaded it 5 times with no primer pocket issues, so figured I'm not too hot (I know more times would be better, but these babies ain't cheap). Cases slide from the chamber like butter with no pressure signs. I shot a few this past weekend in 100 degree plus temps at steel to see how they would do. No problem! Dead steel!

I initially worked this load up in a Ruger with a 22" barrel, and have tried it in two different pre 64 M70s with 24" barrels (I think, guess I never measured), and got a bit more velocity.

My Dad's Pre 64 shoots these into itty bitty groups, even with a Leupold 6x with Heavy Duplex. He had some shoulder problems a few years ago and wanted a lighter kicking load than his normal 130s. The 85s aren't really that much lighter recoiling - but the smile on his face when he wacks an antelope doe with them makes me think the recoil isn't an issue!
I might add that 63 grains was about as much RE-17 as I cared to put in the case (Rem cases)... it was pretty compressed. Shot well with that charge and I think if 3800 fps won't do the trick, another 50 fps won't make game any deader. eek

Here's a link to Barnes data:
Barnes 270 Win data
I'm thinking that load would destroy anything up to and including wapitis!

They wouldn't do as good in the wind up here though...

Makes me want a 84L Montana in 270!
With that much speed how bad would the wind hurt them at 250-350 yards?
W/ a 10mph wind jbm says 17" at 400. Says a 257roy with 100's drifts 11". The 85's do get worse after that but I wouldn't feel handicapped around here ever. 369 or 389 is my longest shot on a deer. I. Don't have any places on our farm to shoot much past that.

My brother has a nice old 270 in a adl. Might just have to order some bullets up. After load work up 50 rounds would last him years.
Hopefully more 'ins' than 'outs'... laugh

At the course I work at, all the old ladies are just that, old ladies! Not a damn cougar to be found.

Flirt with all of them. The word will get out and they'll find you.
I got to tell ya, the 110gr TSX @ 3500 from the 270WSM is pure evil,nastiness. My BIL has used it for almost 3 years on a deer damage permit, bagging 94 deer so far. The "splash" inside the chest has to be seen to be believed. I can only see more of the same in the lighter ones.

Have fun!

Thanks, Tom
Originally Posted by Kaleb
8400 is 270WSM would be even mo' betta! grin... these rifles are just pure fun.
Well i really need some super light TSX/TTSX's now for....research...ya research.... laugh

The 270 WSM IS the new 25-06....
Yes it is... Just faster.... grin
Originally Posted by Kaleb
8400 is 270WSM would be even mo' betta! grin... these rifles are just pure fun.

Lol...I know I had one. It was just kinda like me...skinny with a pot belly..laughin. I kinda like the feel of the 84's and assume the 84l's better. Espically as fast as the regular 270 is sending them lil pills!!
© 24hourcampfire