Home
I was trying to order a Tikka T3 Lite stainless in 7mm-08 today and Edward at Cabela's told me it was discontinued and not available.

WTF?

P
I have also heard them say the Remington 770 is a nice rifle.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I was trying to order a Tikka T3 Lite stainless in 7mm-08 today and Edward at Cabela's told me it was discontinued and not available.

WTF?

P

Tikka T3 Lite - 7/08 in Canada
Cabelas also says their house brand stuff is great value...
Let me see....nope doesn't look like we have any on the rack....it must have been discontinued.
Never could understand why Tikka insists on building rifles for short action rounds on long actions.
odds are the cabelas guy couldn't find his ass with two hands and written instructions. they cant seem to tell you anything about what is on the rack anymore.
Originally Posted by Badley

Urrrrkk...you heard what!!!!
And like the Tikka all plastic.
Let me guess he said they have 7-08 in a Remington ?
Originally Posted by kalbrecht
Never could understand why Tikka insists on building rifles for short action rounds on long actions.

That really bothered me a few years ago. Then I held a T3 barreled action beside a Rem 700 "short" action and found they are VERY close in length when you include the recoil lug width of the 700. I suspect the T3 action is lighter and arguably stiffer with it's closed top. Next time I have a barrel off I will weigh an action alone.

Here is the bonus; you can swap the T3 bolt stop on the side of the receiver for a "long action" bolt stop, purchase a long magazine and seat 162gr AMAXs in a 7-08 out to 2.99" or whatever it takes to get close to the lands. That long AMAX still has the boat tail junction below the neck and there is room for plenty of H4350, RL17 or Ramshot Hunter with no-stress pressure levels. The 4350 achieved single hole 3-shot groups for me but the other two made very impressive velocity and could probably be tuned in.

Also great for .243 and .308 owners wanting to shoot heavy bullets or a VLD they would like to seat out beyond SAAMI max.

Sounds like Edward may be to lazy to bother ordering one.
Call Bud's in Kentucky - they claim to have some in stock
Not sure I'd believe them either. I had a guy at Cabelas tell me a set of 223 Rem small base dies, I was looking at, were for a 223 WSSM...the dies were labeled 223 Rem.

Well, according to Tikka, they still make it.

Probably the same guy that told me Rem 700's were "pieces of schit that couldn't shoot a 3 inch 3 shot group at 100 yards." And that his .270 Savage could outshoot any Remington out there.

When I told him my most accurate 700 would shoot under an inch at 200 yards and asked where he wanted to go shooting, he said I must have got one of the old ones...then tried to sell my pal (who had asked to see a 700) a Sako. We left.
Cant see it. They chamber a lot less popular cartridges than the 7-08...

If they arent going to be imported by Beretta, doesnt mean they aren't making them.

Isn't hard to figure that one out. $$$$

Weatherby does it, too.
It saves money and I'm not bothered by an extra inch or so.
I don't mean that how it sounds, by the way.

P
If you are a reloader, buy the Tikka or whatever rifle you want in 7x57mm.

With the new 50,000 CUP loads shown in Speer's Reloading Manual, they show loads designed for "modern firearms ONLY" and the old 7x57mm loaded to modern chamber pressures (50,000 CUP) has a somewhat higher muzzle velocity than the 7mm-08 with the SAME bullet because the 7x57 case has a slightly greater powder capacity than the 7mm-08 cartridge.

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.
Originally Posted by Ron_T
If you are a reloader, buy the Tikka or whatever rifle you want in 7x57mm.

With the new 50,000 CUP loads shown in Speer's Reloading Manual, they show loads designed for "modern firearms ONLY" and the old 7x57mm loaded to modern chamber pressures (50,000 CUP) has a somewhat higher muzzle velocity than the 7mm-08 with the SAME bullet because the 7x57 case has a slightly greater powder capacity than the 7mm-08 cartridge.

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

But 7-08 brass is much more plentiful.
Long actions rule. No worrying about OAL confines when shooting long bullets.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

The block in the magazine negates any advantage.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I'm not bothered by an extra inch or so.

That's what she said! laugh

Couldn't resist....
Originally Posted by blargon

Tikkas are throated long, you can change out the bolt stop, and get a long magazine. None of which requires a gunsmith.

Tikkas are throated long, you can change out the bolt stop, and get a long magazine. None of which requires a gunsmith.

My .30-06 shows contact with the lands at 3.340".
Not an issue as the cartridges still fit the mag.

P

most people buying tikkas wouldn't know or care.
I was referring to the people pissing and moaning about a long receiver for a short action cartridge. It is not even a valid complaint. In my opinion, Remington's short action receivers are too short.
In my opinion, Remington's short action receivers are too short.

I agree. my sako 75 .260 can take loads out to 2.96"

I can take loads out to 2.96"

[bleep].
Originally Posted by 7mm08fan
Call Bud's in Kentucky - they claim to have some in stock

They did, and one is on the way.
I really wanted to go with Cabela's, though, because I have a gift card that would have paid for most of it.

P
I've had Cabela's sales people to tell me XYZ manufacurer is discontinuing a cartridge in a gun when in reality Cabela's doesn't or is no longer handling the item. A good example is when they told me Winchester only made Extreme Weathers in '06, .300 and .338 because that's an elk gun and those are elk cartridges when in reality it was what Cabela's was handling at the time.
Originally Posted by Badley

hahahahah. laugh
Originally Posted by archie_james_c

I can take loads out to 2.96"

[bleep].

You'd know, suck-starter...
© 24hourcampfire