Home
Lets see some of yours in what caliber and scope your using. if I can figure out I would post pictures of my XCR II in 300 RUM and 338 Win mag.wanna get another one cant decide between 280 or 7mm Rem mag
I'd go 7mm Mag as I know a 7mm Mag will do everything a .280 will but I don't think a .280 will do everything a 7mm Mag will....I don't know how to post pics either but I do have 2 XCR II's one in 30-06 and another in 7mm Magnum, I am running leupold VX3 3.5-10x40's on both rigs................Hb
I got rid of my SPS 7mm RUM but still have 6 boxes of ammo for it so maybe get a 7mm RUM XCR II ????? ( a friend was goin on his first trip out west for elk and made me a great deal on that rifle so I sold it to him)
My buddy just got an original XCR with black/grey stock in 7mm Rem Mag. He shot it, and it scares him. He's gonna sell it pretty soon. If you're interested, I can get you pics and a quote.
.375 Ultra in an AK Ti stock with a Leupold 6x42 M1 in Talley LWs

[Linked Image]
here is my 375 rum. Leupold vx3 3.5-10x40. Wrane rings, same stock as above. She's at the smith's right now getting some work done. Cant wait to get it back!

[Linked Image]
whatcha havin' done?
Bolt fluted and polished with a black inlay, stock bedded for better contact and trigger done. Action smoothed and a muzzlebrake with thread cap. Already shot well but sent it in to have it gone over to see if anything needed done. Pretty excited to get it back, I got lots of bullets ready to go down range.
Originally Posted by Dan360
My buddy just got an original XCR with black/grey stock in 7mm Rem Mag. He shot it, and it scares him. He's gonna sell it pretty soon. If you're interested, I can get you pics and a quote.

I love those deals laugh I just sighted in a brand new Sendero 300 RUM for a pard and I know damn well he cant handle it. Now I just need to bide my time till he wants to trip it laugh
Dan360 thanks for the offer but I found a great deal on a XCR in 7mm RUM that I'm goin to look at tomorrow THANKS anyhow
gunchamp and toad whats the weight difference between them stocks and the factory stock?
Originally Posted by toad
.375 Ultra in an AK Ti stock with a Leupold 6x42 M1 in Talley LWs

[Linked Image]

Sweet
i don't remember right off hand, but IIRC, the factory injection molded stock is lighter than the AK Ti by a couple of ounces.
I believe its about 3-4 ounces. Its not a big difference. I really like the feel of the B&C stock over the factory, seem to fit me alot better. Toad turned me on to it and I'm glad he did. Made shooting that rifle alot more comfortale.
there are two variations of these stocks that will work, one with the shorter reinforcing blocks front and rear, and the heavier one with the full bedding block.

here is a snip from Stocky's

"If you don't want to open channels on a standard BDL conversion or own any magnum-chambered 700, choose the 2265 Alaskan Ti for lightest weight, the 2461 Alaskan II for a slightly heavier stock with the full aluminum block. Either are built for the heaviest magnum recoil. Short mags use the short action version of either Alaskan stock for a drop-in fit."

i have both of these and they both will indeed stand up to the .375 Ultra recoil.

here is the 2265 on my SPS .375 Ultra

[Linked Image]

Here's a couple of pictures of my XCR II in 375 Weatherby(started out as a 375 H&H) ...

[Linked Image]

Better bear pictures

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Better rifle picture (the one on the bottom is my 40 plus year old BDL in 270 I've given to my son)

[Linked Image]
Very nice Chuck. Awesome bear.
Colorado thats a great bear whats the weight? gunchamp and toad where did you buy the stocks and was they a drop in fit or something a gunsmith needs to do?
i bought mine from STOCKYS STOCKS

one of mine was drop-in, and one needed the mag well cleaned up a little for the RUM mag box to fit. they have 'speed bumps' at the end of the barrel channel that you will probably sand out to free float the barrel.
wonder why they dont have a XCR in short action besides a 300 WSM I would like one in 308 Win.
Here is my XCR II in 300 WM, glad I didn't have my old 700 in wood/blue on this trip.

[Linked Image]
nice!
mark thats a great picture
Thanks guys. Just a note, the chamber was empty when all the pictures were taken. I just noticed it looked a little funny pointing in that direction.
Gunchamp the stock you have on your 375 do you know if its the same stock that comes on the new Remington mountain rifle SS?
Anyone every weigh the stock ?
have an oddball one...looks like any other xcr, with one exception! its in 264.
Here is my XCR II in 280. The stock is McMillan KS Edge.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Groups after I added the McMillan.
[Linked Image]
Anyone know if Remington is still making the XCR II for 2016 ?
XCR2 is the best rifle for the money.
1 pound 10.6 ounces for a LA XCRII Stock.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by ts300wsm
wonder why they dont have a XCR in short action besides a 300 WSM I would like one in 308 Win.

They did a M7 XCR for a couple years there. 22" barrel....

XCR-II in .25-06 with a Sightron SII Big Sky 6x42. I love it. On the menu for the future is a Timney and a B&C Alaskan.
[img:left][Linked Image][/img]
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I'd go 7mm Mag as I know a 7mm Mag will do everything a .280 will but I don't think a .280 will do everything a 7mm Mag will....I don't know how to post pics either but I do have 2 XCR II's one in 30-06 and another in 7mm Magnum, I am running leupold VX3 3.5-10x40's on both rigs................Hb

Might look familiar HB

7 RM 8#1oz, McSwirly Classic. $3,000 and it's yours...

[Linked Image]

Holy old ass threads Batman....

Originally Posted by 16bore
Holy old ass threads Batman....

Ha! I didn't notice the old dates until your post! Sometimes I'm a little slow on the uptake.
Thanks for the replies
Originally Posted by ts300wsm
Anyone know if Remington is still making the XCR II for 2016 ?

It appears that they are. Plenty in stock at my gun store. Haven't seen the 2016 Remington catalog yet.
love the look of that McSwirly
love the pictures
Just talked to the Remington customer service folks. No more regular XCR's for 2016. Get them while you can!!!
XCR Compact 308
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire