Home
Seen in a sale paper they have remington 700 adl ss for $479 comes with a scope sure it isnt much. Are these guns any good? Anyone bought one from there i know remington makes this adl for certain stores.
If they have one in 243 at the store in Kingsport, please let me know. I'll take dibs on it.
I bought one from Dicks in 223 Rem. The scope wasn't worth a hoot, but when I mounted a Leupold, with good rings and bases, the rifle shot just fine. The stock is a bit flimsy, but it works.

Decent price on a varmint rig in my opinion.
They are excellent rifles. I've found the scopes to work fine but I replace them.
Anyone seen these in middle tn?
Everyone should have a couple:
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/03/patrick-carrube/gun-review-remington-adl-243/
A buddy of mine just bought one and I got to shoot it the other day. The action is rough as a cob, the trigger sucks and it was less than impressively accurate with the factory loads he was using. My Stevens 200 cycles/feeds much smoother and is alot more accurate.
I picked up a .270 and a .30-06, both SS, for $810 after the Oregon State Police got their vig.
Originally Posted by KDK
I picked up a .270 and a .30-06, both SS, for $810 after the Oregon State Police got their vig.

And yes, the .270 was bought for a .338-06 donor...
I bought one last year and had a custom made from the action. Couldntmtell you how it shot.
It was over a year ago that Sportsmans in Tucson had a similar sale. They had a 7-08 ADL for sale with the scope for $349! Replaced the scope and rings, floated the fore end and it shot quite well.

My 7-08 is a great shooter.I ditched the factory stock but it shot very well in that also.
I know all I'd want it for is the action magbox etc.....

I need a 223 for my nephew and a ss 700 is what I'm needing. Agreed the sps finish sucks as does the new triggers. Still have half in it from ordering a custom.
Originally Posted by 28lx

My 7-08 is a great shooter.I ditched the factory stock but it shot very well in that also.

I wouldn't mind a 708 at all. I'd for sure give it a try before a new tube. My factory 708 MR barrel is a fine shooter.
The trigger on mine adjusted pretty well.It is the XMark trigger without the exposed adjustment screw.Mine is the stainless model and I agree the finish isnt great but I bought it with foul weather in mind and fine steel wool and Rem Oil clean up any stains and make it look like new.
I bought one today in .270. I'll put a better scope on it and shoot it. With an Elite 3200, should be a good rifle for bad weather.
Bought one from Spostsmans and it shoots great.
My .270 put 3 shots in an inch the firsy day at the range.
My .30-06 will do 1/2 MOA with factory ammo.
My .270 has the Xmark trigger without the external weight adjustment screw. I'll check it with a trigger pull gage, and maybe adjust the weight screw on the front of the trigger housing.

It was pretty windy at the range yesterday. I expect it'll do better with less wind.

I don't shoot much factory ammo. On a brand new rifle, I'll fire the first 3 or 4 shots with factory ammo, in case there's a problem. If that goes well, then I switch to my handloads and zero the rifle with them.
Trigger was 4 lb 5 oz as received, adjusted easily down to 3 lb.
I wouldnt mind picking up one of these to try
© 24hourcampfire