Home
Posted By: Hawkeye_Reloader Wipe Out? - 11/11/12
Who else has used this stuff?

I just got some a few weeks ago and I am completely dumbfounded as to how easy and well this product works. I am seriously thinking I will NEVER put a brass/bronze brush down another barrel.
Posted By: Hawkeye_Reloader Re: Wipe Out? - 11/11/12
I should have mentioned I was specifically talking about the foaming product.
Posted By: devnull Re: Wipe Out? - 11/11/12
It works well but I still see the need for an occasional brush in the throat area to remove the carbon.
Posted By: deflave Re: Wipe Out? - 11/11/12
Originally Posted by Hawkeye_Reloader

I just got some a few weeks ago and I am completely dumbfounded as to how easy and well this product works. I am seriously thinking I will NEVER put a brass/bronze brush down another barrel.

Welcome aboard.

Travis
Posted By: Fifth Re: Wipe Out? - 11/11/12
I've used both the foam and Patch Out version. I prefer the Patch Out version at the moment. But as Travis said, welcome aboard.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Wipe Out? - 11/11/12
Just be careful with these foaming products. They can migrate into the trigger group and really gunk it up. I like to flush the triggers with lighter fluid from time to time. It cleans the gunk and leaves a rust preventative film.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Wipe Out? - 11/11/12
How would they migrate if you're using them right?
Posted By: Mako25 Re: Wipe Out? - 11/11/12

And me.

One of many, just depends on the situation.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Wipe Out? - 11/11/12
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
How would they migrate if you're using them right?

If you are, then it's not likely. But chit happens, especially when so e folks get overly liberal with a product.

"A little goes a long way, so more must be better..." Is not applicable here.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Wipe Out? - 11/11/12
Um, if people are covering the whole damn rifle with the stuff, they deserve what they get.
Posted By: Buzzsaw Re: Wipe Out? - 11/11/12
I put a finger "cot" over the muzzle and stuff paper towels into the chamber after I squirt it. Stuff will expand for a while.

I will leave overnight if very dirty, works great. I use the accelerater if I'm in a hurry
Posted By: SLM Re: Wipe Out? - 11/11/12
Great stuff.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Wipe Out? - 11/11/12
I like it too
Posted By: jdunham Re: Wipe Out? - 11/11/12
Great stuff, I have started using the patch out to avoid the mess. Works just as well IMO.
Posted By: tominboise Re: Wipe Out? - 11/11/12
Great stuff indeed. I stuff an oversize patch in the chamber end to prevent foam out....I typically scrub my barrels with Butchs Bore shine on a patch, and use wipe out if that doesn't get them clean.
Posted By: kraky111 Re: Wipe Out? - 11/11/12
Love it...use bore guides w/ o-rings on the bolt actions. For auto loaders and lever actions get a chunk of clear fuel Line with an outside diameter equal to the thickness of your cartridge neck and slide it in snuggly and let excess drain out the ejection port...works great
Posted By: MichiganScott Re: Wipe Out? - 11/12/12
I use Patch-Out, Wipe-Out Accelerator, and tape a ZipLoc bag around the muzzle. No need to worry about it migrating.
Posted By: noKnees Re: Wipe Out? - 11/12/12
I stick in a bore guide and spray down the bore guide till it comes out the muzzle. Let it sit as long as needed, then push it out with patches. I never get any in the action. Simple, fast easy. I am using the Gunslick version just because it seems to be what the local shops stock. Great stuff.
Posted By: KMS Re: Wipe Out? - 11/12/12
Originally Posted by Fifth
I've used both the foam and Patch Out version. I prefer the Patch Out version at the moment. But as Travis said, welcome aboard.

Me to. Patch Out is less messy than the foam.
Posted By: Rodell Re: Wipe Out? - 11/12/12
I'm a cleaner junkie. I have a cabinet full of things I've tried.

I love the wipe-out products. I usually let the barrel soak overnight, even with the accelerator. I shoot almost exclusively Barnes and I don't want a huge build up of copper.

Other products work as well, but are not as easy to use.

FWIW, my experience with the Gunslick product was not as good. Don't know why.

© 24hourcampfire