Home
Aloha All,

I've been looking around for rifle chambered in .243 for a while here in Hawaii. There's now a Howa in .243 with the Hogue stock available that somebody bought for their kid (who didn't want it).

It's brand new with the Nikko scope that he's selling for $500 along with 120 rounds of ammo thrown in. Prior to running into this I was thinking of a used "name brand" American rifle in SS if I could find one around here but 243 is kind of rare in Hawaii. I would consider this. Everything I've read about it online was very positive.

My needs would primarily be the range with perhaps some hunting on occasion.

Any comments?

mahalo
It will have a good bit of weight if that matters to you.Will most likely shoot well.
Have owned several Howas and they have all shot well.
The Howa is a great rifle, IMO. the hogue stock, not so great. Nikko scope, even less great. the price seems a little high to me for what you are getting.
I bought the exact same rifle in 22-250 here in Texas a little over a year ago for $399, NIB, with the Nikko scope and Hogue stock. It is accurate, and it is heavy. But the Howa is well made and reliable.

Everything is more expensive in Hawaii, but I agree that the asking price is on the high side.
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
The Howa is a great rifle, IMO. the hogue stock, not so great. Nikko scope, even less great. the price seems a little high to me for what you are getting.

Couldnt agree more, If you get it, I would opt for another stock and scope down the road
Guys, thanks...this is all very helpful and gives me a perspective...
I have one. I don't mind the stock at all. The rifle is flat out accurate. I shot a deer in the back of the head at 150 yards last Friday in prt because the thing is so accurate with Branes 85 grain TSXs.

Buy it! It is certainly worth a trial.
© 24hourcampfire