Home
Posted By: 257James Merry Christmas to me - 12/25/12
Sold a couple of rifles; rat holed the rest and bought myself a Christmas present......should be here Friday...Hope it's a shooter... grin
Kimber Classic Select 257 Roberts
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wacenturion Re: Merry Christmas to me - 12/25/12
Nice!
Pretty!
Posted By: the_shootist Re: Merry Christmas to me - 12/25/12
If you don't like it, send me a pm and I get you my address to send it to. I'll pay the shipping. Nice riflegun there, buddy.
Posted By: ColdCase1984 Re: Merry Christmas to me - 12/25/12
Happy Christmas!
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Merry Christmas to me - 12/25/12
Merry Christmas indeed.....what a beauty
Posted By: cal74 Re: Merry Christmas to me - 12/25/12
That's a beaut

ps: Merry Christmas Everyone
Posted By: Seven_Heaven Re: Merry Christmas to me - 12/25/12
Did something quite similar myself, in 7mm-08. smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: Merry Christmas to me - 12/25/12
very nice, good choice!
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Merry Christmas to me - 12/25/12
Nicely done!
Posted By: jwall Re: Merry Christmas to me - 12/25/12
GORGEOUS --

BTDT - diff rifle.

Good Luck Happy Shooting Good Hunting

M C -- H N Y

Jerry
257Del,

I wish Santa would have given me one just like that. But he didn't.

I am sure he intended to, but liked it so much he kept it for himself. I'm sure that is what happened. Can't blame him a bit.

I hope it turns out great for you. Merry Christmas.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Merry Christmas to me - 12/25/12
Originally Posted by 257Deland
Sold a couple of rifles; rat holed the rest and bought myself a Christmas present......should be here Friday...Hope it's a shooter... grin
[Linked Image]

I did the exact same thing on the same gun/cartridge. Mines been in the mail for over a week, holiday time shipping goes to slow. Hopefully in this week in time for dad to find a load and me to ventilate a doe in the Kansas doe season.
Posted By: sidepass Re: Merry Christmas to me - 12/25/12
Merry Christmas to you indeed. Have one just like it and mine's a shooter. Good luck.
Posted By: remfak Re: Merry Christmas to me - 12/25/12
Nice stick on that one for sure.
Posted By: 257James Re: Merry Christmas to me - 12/26/12
I was actually wanting to get a Montana, but when I saw this one it was love at first sight. I've had good luck with a couple of Kimbers already, hope it continues. Going back and forth on the scope decision. I have a Leupold FX-II 6X36 and a VX-II 2-7X33 in the safe doing nothing, and I'm leaning towards the 2-7. I'll post some better pics when it gets here.
Posted By: 257James Re: Merry Christmas to me - 12/26/12
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
Did something quite similar myself, in 7mm-08. smile

[Linked Image]

Very nice...... grin
Posted By: Ole_270 Re: Merry Christmas to me - 12/29/12
Just finished bolting a 3-9X40 VXII on Cheesy's .257 using Talley lightweights. That scope does look a little on the large side for this little rifle.
If the weather cooperates I'll start load work tomorrow. That short magazine box will keep loads .10 shorter than what I load for my Ruger Roberts. Several of the bullets I've measured will need to jump .05 or so to reach the lands. I know Sam Olsen and some others have had good luck with some jump in their .257 Kimbers, we'll see how it goes with this one.
Wish I had a decent camera, this thing has some great figure with lots of contrast!
Posted By: efw Re: Merry Christmas to me - 12/29/12
You suck man; I wish Santa had mistaken my house for yours! That thing is GORGEOUS!

If she shoots half as good as she looks you'll be eatin clean protein for years to come! Congrats and tell that fat bastard to show me soma THAT kind of love!
Posted By: CowboyTim Re: Merry Christmas to me - 12/29/12
Those Classic Select Kimber rifles sure are pretty, hope they shoot as good as they look.
Posted By: g5m Re: Merry Christmas to me - 12/29/12
Beautiful rifle!
Posted By: Buzzsaw Re: Merry Christmas to me - 12/30/12
Range reports?
Originally Posted by 257Deland
[Linked Image]

Very nice! Hope it shoots as good as it looks!!!

No firearms for me this year but my fife and three daughters did well with a 12 gauge pump, two Rock River LAR-15s and a Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II collectively.

Posted By: Buzzsaw Re: Merry Christmas to me - 12/30/12
Beautifull wood
Posted By: 257James Re: Merry Christmas to me - 12/30/12
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Range reports?
Haven't shot it yet; picked it up Friday afternoon.
Posted By: Karnis Re: Merry Christmas to me - 12/31/12
Geeez, you shoulda already had a couple of hundred down the tube. Get busy Harry. grin
© 24hourcampfire