Home
Posted By: bsa1917hunter What color cerakote? - 01/31/13
Hi guys. Help me out with a color for my 2008 limited fwt (win model 70) 300 wizzum, with a factory Extreme Weather fluted barrel installed. I was thinking this thing needs to be one color blush:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Should I leave it as is or go with something like graphite black? Your input is appreciated.....
[Linked Image]
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: What color cerakote? - 01/31/13
Graphite Black would look really nice. Cerakote the rings/bases to match.

Beauty stock!
Posted By: KDK Re: What color cerakote? - 01/31/13
Yep yep!
Posted By: Tanner Re: What color cerakote? - 01/31/13
Man, stainless barrels and blued actions look sweet cool

That's how I'm going to roll on the one coming up, anyways...
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: What color cerakote? - 01/31/13
I've noticed quite a few around here (the fire).... grin
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: What color cerakote? - 01/31/13
Originally Posted by Tanner

You'll roll around with it once or twice and then send it down the road Tanner. I know how you are cry laugh whistle
Posted By: JasonF Re: What color cerakote? - 01/31/13
I would choose Midnight Purple to go with that beautiful timber, although Graphite Black would certainly work.
Posted By: 7mmaniac Re: What color cerakote? - 01/31/13
Just the action and trigger guard in the matte black, then aluminum oxide blast the barrel ... Sweet. I dig the blued/SS look also.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: What color cerakote? - 01/31/13
Seeing how youse is such a cheap ass, here's my tip of the day,

Birdsong BlackT that baby in grahite black,

It will have Steve McQueen good looks,and Birdsong does all metal, rings, bases for the same price.....
Posted By: Kenneth Re: What color cerakote? - 01/31/13
Remember?

Kenneths link
Posted By: Horseman Re: What color cerakote? - 01/31/13
I like Cerakote but that rifle I like the way it is. Leave it.
Posted By: prm Re: What color cerakote? - 01/31/13
FWIW, I have a rifle that had a stainless barrel and blued action and I did the graphite black. I now wish I would have left the barrel stainless. I really like the look of stainless barrels. Not so much a fan of bluing, so maybe do that in graphite black. Just a thought.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: What color cerakote? - 01/31/13
Pink
Posted By: Tracks Re: What color cerakote? - 01/31/13
Originally Posted by Tanner

I like them better if the blue is bead blasted.
Posted By: KDK Re: What color cerakote? - 01/31/13
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Pink

That's just because you are such a fan of M70s...
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: What color cerakote? - 02/01/13
Thanks guys. Your help is appreciated...Even scott with his pink suggestion. I know that's his favorite color whistle laugh
Posted By: lastround Re: What color cerakote? - 02/01/13
That is one nicely figured stock. I vote to leave it as is.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: What color cerakote? - 02/01/13
Thanks lastround. I may just do that buddy...
Posted By: exbiologist Re: What color cerakote? - 02/01/13
Don't forget the extractor!
Posted By: CRS Re: What color cerakote? - 02/01/13
Midnight purple, graphite black or Birdsong if you go away from the cerakote.
Posted By: sandcritter Re: What color cerakote? - 02/01/13
Graphite black.

I've midnight purple and it's nice, but not close to the FN blue reciever (MP more a milky dark charcoal grey). Don't have experience with birdsong, like the idea but from pics appears would be too matte. FWIW.

May do what you did someday with differ barrel on m70 fwt to change balance. Was that your goal as well?
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: What color cerakote? - 02/01/13

I got a blued barrel with Eddie F. getting a satin mag finish to go with a blued action. Will post when I get it back.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 444Matt Re: What color cerakote? - 02/02/13
It'd be graphite black if I was going to use cerakote. I'm thinking hard about the birdsong black t for a project Marlin I got in the planing stage right now.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: What color cerakote? - 02/02/13
Yeah, the black T crossed my mind as well. I've got a guy that does an excellent job with the cerakote and his turnaround time is quick. I've had him cerakote 2 of my rifles and I couldn't be more happy with the work.....I'm contemplating leaving it as is but the graphite black is also screaming at me... sick
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: What color cerakote? - 02/03/13
Originally Posted by Kenneth
...Birdsong BlackT that baby in grahite black...

Option #1 ^^^^
Option #2 Graphite Black Duracoat...

I am having the same mental debate for my current project. The price difference is not so much. But "have heard" the wait time for the Black T could be up six months. Anyone have real life experience with Black T wait time for complete firearm ?
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: What color cerakote? - 02/03/13
Originally Posted by sandcritter
Graphite black.

I've midnight purple and it's nice, but not close to the FN blue reciever (MP more a milky dark charcoal grey). Don't have experience with birdsong, like the idea but from pics appears would be too matte. FWIW.

May do what you did someday with differ barrel on m70 fwt to change balance. Was that your goal as well?

To answer your question, the reason I put this barrel on is because I've had such good luck with my '06 Extreme Weather for driving tacks that I hoped this 300 wsm barrel would be the same way and it is. Plus I like the stainless fluted look.....
Posted By: AlaskaCub Re: What color cerakote? - 02/03/13
Originally Posted by prm
FWIW, I have a rifle that had a stainless barrel and blued action and I did the graphite black. I now wish I would have left the barrel stainless. I really like the look of stainless barrels. Not so much a fan of bluing, so maybe do that in graphite black. Just a thought.

I was gonna Cerakote my CDL SF all black and at the last minute decided that I want to leave it stainless, and I am glad I did. Painted the bolt though!...grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: What color cerakote? - 02/03/13
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Originally Posted by prm

I was gonna Cerakote my CDL SF all black and at the last minute decided that I want to leave it stainless, and I am glad I did. Painted the bolt though!...grin

[Linked Image]

That's a nice rifle. I like the stainless/wood look...
© 24hourcampfire