Home
I see that the Tikka 2013 catalogue shows a couple of T3 that I would be interested in, but I never see them for sale.

T3 stainless lite or fluted in 6.5x55 or 260
T3 stainless lite or fluted in 223/8 twist

Where can I find them for sale, especially the 6.5 or 260?
The 6.5x55 Tikka T3 hunter is in stock at Europtics
http://www.eurooptic.com/tikka-t3-hunter-65x55-jrta351-with-rings.aspx

I don't think they have any stainless though
T3 lite in Swede was available in the u.s. for a time, iirc, but not anymore.. and pretty rare used.

The Swede and the .260 are sold in Canada, though. Wankers...

The .223 t3 lite is sold here in the states, I just had my grabbers on a ss 1-8 the other day..
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
T3 lite in Swede was available in the u.s. for a time, iirc, but not anymore.. and pretty rare used.

The Swede and the .260 are sold in Canada, though. Wankers...

The .223 t3 lite is sold here in the states, I just had my grabbers on a ss 1-8 the other day..

Exactly what I'm looking for.

P
Is there anyone who imports them down here from Canada?

Can EuroOptics special order a stainless Swede into the US?
They place an order once a year, or so the rep told me the other day. Sometime late summer or early fall IIRC.
Has anyone here ever ordered a Tikka from EuroOptic, then waited for it to arrive and actually received it? Is this a doable proposition? What's the usual wait time?
They get special imports and list them before they come in so you can get on their list.

I have done it before.

Call them and ask, they are nice folks and will work with you.

I bought a T3 223 SS/fluted/8 twist at Sportsman's Warehouse, the Superlite is the model I believe. Accurate little bugger.
6.5 Swedes in Tikka T3 Lites are readily avalable up here. Prices are probably a little higher than you're used to, but they are available. Got me one in SS Synthetic. Shoots real well.
What is the weight difference between the Lite and the Fluted?
In early January, Sako dealers are provided a "Sako Select List". These are generally guns that are not cataloged or available in the US. These dealers have a very short window of opportunity to get their order together from this list and back to Beretta/Sako. Likewise, there is generally a minimum number of guns that are required to be ordered. This year that number was 15. While there were Tikka's on the list, they do not count towards the 15. There were several offerings in LH T-3s not normally seen in the US, as well as the T-3 Forest which is a 'glorified' T-3 Hunter. The Forest is wood stocked and features a Monte Carlo stock with a mild roll-over. Nothing fluted on the list I saw and the only 260 I know of was the T-3 Forest.

Bottom line - take this info to heart, and after Christmas go see your local Sako dealer and let him/her know what you're looking for. Hopefully, he/she will remember you and your desire, and if available order your gun off the Select List. If your dealer si not going to commit to the number of guns required, then get on the phone and call Alex @ EuroOptic, or one of the guys at Kjergaard in Minnesota. These 2 shops generally order way more than 15 guns from the list.

Guns ordered via the Sako Select List are generally shipped in the late Sep - early Dec timeframe.

Minor disclaimer/caveat - DAMHIKT
That's good info--thanks.
© 24hourcampfire