Home
Posted By: BCSteve Hoppes Elite cleaner - 06/23/05
Any of you guys tried this one yet? It promises all kinds of wonderfull things like leaving you barrel better than new. Hoppes is a reputable company, I wonder how their new "premium" line of cleaner compares to others?
Posted By: Boise Re: Hoppes Elite cleaner - 06/23/05
I received a bottle from my brother for my birthday. I find it works well but am more impressed with WipeOut. I'll admit I've only used the Hoppes 3 or 4 times.

The bottle comes with a wide mouth and I don't know if they expect me to dip my brush into the bottle. I am use to pouring cleaner onto my brush and have always avoid brush dipping. I haven't identified a technique for neatly getting the gel onto the brush.
Posted By: Ol` Joe Re: Hoppes Elite cleaner - 06/23/05
I bought a bottle to try as it is advertised as non toxic and I prefer to clean in my basement instead of my garage. Especially in the winter. The bottle I have is a spray type and the cleaner is clear & very watery, reminds me of soapy water. I found it works OK on carbon but does nothing to copper or lead in my handgun barrels. I read/heard somewhere on the net it is M Pro7 repackaged but I don`t know it for sure.
I`m back to Butches in my handguns and Wipeout in the rifles.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Hoppes Elite cleaner - 06/23/05
Boise and Ol' Joe - I have grown to really like Wipeout as well, I just wish that it was distributed better - don't like paying the shipping for direct orders.
Posted By: BCSteve Re: Hoppes Elite cleaner - 06/24/05
They also have a bore gel. It doesn't mention if it's supposed to be a copper cleaner or a "all in one" cleaner. I also remember seeing something about being the same as Mpro7.
© 24hourcampfire