Home
Posted By: Greenbrier Tubbs Final Finish - 08/26/13
Has anyone tried these? I looked on the internet and they seem to get some pretty good reviews. They may not work so well on a custom bbl but I thought they would do good on a factory one if nothing else but to help w/ the ease of cleaning.
Posted By: USAFA71 Re: Tubbs Final Finish - 08/26/13
I have used them on several rifles, all of which will put 3 shots easily within a 1" group. I did not compare loads before and after, so I am not saying that they improve accuracy, but it does give me peace of mind. I will say that they do make it easier to clean the barrel, which you will notice when you get to the third set of bullets. I would probably not use them on a custom barrel, especially if the barrel had been lapped. I still have the bullets for the Tikka 6.5x55, so I may do a real "before and after" comparison when time allows.
Posted By: mauserand9mm Re: Tubbs Final Finish - 08/27/13
I'd give the a go, but they aren't available down here (haven't seen them).

I have tried the Cerakote bore product (Ultra Coat?) but I don't think I cleaned the barrels thoroughly enough before hand - it wore off. I have a couple of friends who had this treatment done professionaly, and am curious now to see how it is fairing in their rifles.
Posted By: Greenbrier Re: Tubbs Final Finish - 08/27/13
I think I am going to buy them. I will post the results once I get them. I noticed yesterday, while cleaning my 2 25-06's that the one that has a Broughton bbl let the patch slide right through and needed 2 patches pseed through it before it was clean. ( I let Gunslick Foam sit in both for about 3 hours Before cleaning). Then I cleaned the Remington factory rifle and it required a lot more "umph" to get the patch through and took a few more patches.

I guess worse case is I will waste $35.oo and some range time.
© 24hourcampfire