Home
I recently acquired an 06 from a sorry fellow who was upset his new rifle was recalled for some safety reason. He practically gave it to me so I slapped a redfield on it, bought some remington factory 180 grain core locks a,s shot two 5 round groups this morning, all 5 shots touching in each group. Not crazy about clip fed rifles, but this gun shoots better than the other 30 I have owned including 11 full custom jobs . They seem to be great deals right now, I'm going to pick up another in 300 mag and see how that goes
I see they go for nothing! Glad to hear they shoot well. The gun mags usually give them good reviews. I too dislike removable mags, good luck and welcome!
I bought a 223 shortly after they were introduced. It shot as well or better than any 223 I've ever owned. 10 shots under an inch and this was from a sporter weight barrel....

same here, i had a 22-250. this is the only budget rifle i have used that can come close to the vanguard.
This rifle game is funny.

I've owned a BUNCH of different rifles over the past 7-8 years. Before that, I kept a few around and they all shot good enough.

During my journey, I've owned some expensive rifles and some really inexpensive rifles. The budget rigs I tried all shot better than expected. Some of the more expensive rifles were somewhat disappointing.

I'm worn out and a little burnt out. I've fiddled enough now to know what I like.
Sorta Out of the loop, what's the recall issue?
The recall I believe was a safety not engaging.. Not really sure. I sent it in and got it back quickly. Great service
I've got a .300 WM that shoots so good and so consistently that I still can't believe it.

And it likes everything I run through it.
My friend has 2, a 22-250 and a 270 win. Both shoot lights out and are easy to load for. Seems just about everything I try shoots great thru them...
bought one today at a local shop, will let you guys know how it does.
© 24hourcampfire