Home
Posted By: TR405 Ruger American? - 10/08/13
Is any one using and how do you like it? All replies welcome Thanks
Posted By: Micro_Groove Re: Ruger American? - 10/08/13
I have fondled several. For $350, not bad. I would rather save up another $100 and get one of the discount price Remington 700's that pop up from time to time.
Posted By: 444Matt Re: Ruger American? - 10/09/13
Everything I've read about them is very positive.
Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: Ruger American? - 10/09/13
I have one in 243 that shoots 3/4 3 shot groups at 100 yards. I lucked up and got mine for $299 with free shipping. Actually ordered one in 270 today couldnt pass the deal got it for $289 shipped. It is a great entry level rifle that flat out shoots.
Posted By: cal74 Re: Ruger American? - 10/09/13
Picked up a 308 from here for a friend. Was very impressed for the price.
Posted By: TR405 Re: Ruger American? - 10/09/13
thanks for replies thinking as a goto beater
Posted By: southtexas Re: Ruger American? - 10/09/13
My 243 makes a great truck gun. Accurate and functional. Purty...not so much.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Ruger American? - 10/09/13
LGS just got in a few of the Digital Camo Models. They look a little better. I've read several good reports, & know a few local shooters who have had good accuracy from them. If I was buying a cheap "truck gun" or one to bungee cord to the front rack of my Polaris Ranger. I would consider one.

For the price, it would be between the Ruger American & the Cheap Savage models. I know the Savages shoot really well, but I've always been a Ruger man.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Ruger American? - 10/09/13
Here are my thoughts on mine. I posted first impressions and then some more impressions after I had shot it a while. Ignore the internecine warfare cluttering up the thread unless you like it for the entertainment value.

Bottom line is I like it. Now that I've owned it for a while I like it even more. It's not pretentious but it just works.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...nother_Ruger_American_review#Post7927082
Posted By: Noexperience Re: Ruger American? - 10/09/13
Bought one in camo 270 yesterday for $250 on gunbroker. I'll report after firing when I get it but seemingly one heck of a deal
Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: Ruger American? - 10/09/13
$250 is a good deal
© 24hourcampfire