Home
I've always been a Marlin guy. I have two 1894's in 357 (Cowboy and Stainless carbine) and didn't think one could have more fun at the range.

Then I stumbled on a IMI Timberwolf pump action in 357. I thought they always looked kind of cheap, but once I held it you can tell it's a high quality piece.

Anyone have any experience with this rifle?
I've never owned one but sold a number of them back when they were in production. As with all IMI products, quality was indeed high. Wish I had bought one back in the day. They are bringing collectors prices now, so if you don't have to pay out the nose for it, I'd grab it.
Can't really help out with quality but I did broadly consider one a while ago. I didn't investigate it in any detail because they are much more expensive than a Marlin lever gun (at least over here) and I wouldn't think any capacity or speed of reloading benefits (if there were) would be significant. I ended up getting the Marlin.

But that decision was based on practical considerations (my interpretation anyway), if I really wanted a Timberwolf, I would've bought one anyway.
I bought mine about a year ago. and realy like it I put an aim point sight on it, shoots great, not jammed yet. had wanted one for sometime. I found one as new, said Id better get it now as I hadn't seen one in a long time. good luck finding one.
Grabbed one for $700 in like new condition. Not a screaming deal, but why kick myself later?

What a slick little rifle! I'll give a brief range report if I can sneak out this week.
I always thought a few were made in .44, also? Would love to find one.
Buddy of mine had one when they first came out. Seemed to be a well made, accurate rifle. We were messing around with it a little, and I still remember the effect the 140 gr. hornady load had on close range sugar beets. pretty dramatic.
also made in 44mag but I belive they are rarer, I have only seen one in 44, and that was a long time ago.
Had one in.44 Mag. Excellent brush gun, easy to swing, quick second shots and top quality. Never had a jam in the time I owned it. Spectacular knock down power in a compact package! 240 grain hollowpoints provide a blood trail a blind man could follow. Sold it to a guy who had a .357 and wanted a matching pair. CreekChub, I think I paid $280.00 new for mine.
$280!!! Looks like they couldn't give these things away when they were being made.

I ran some checks against auctions (which are a good indicator of what the market will pay) and it looks like I paid fair market value.

There's a pile of 158gr JSP in my safe to burn through with it before I can really say if it was a deal
I was lucky, I worked in a gun store at the time and could get guns for almost cost. I see they have appreciated quite a bit since back in the 80's. They aren't particularly asthetically pretty and with the drop of the stock they get your attention when they go off, but the do shoot well. I really enjoyed mine.
© 24hourcampfire