Home
Posted By: stump270 Cutting edge bullets - 01/11/14
Agreed to buy a sako 75 from a guy tonight that said he worked for a bullet company called cutting edge bullets has anyone heard of them he said they are the most devastating bullet ever devolped I would like some input he is going to send me some bullets to try on hogs since we are over run with th in georgia on our farm I will give everyone a update as to what my opinion is I may do a full write up on them comparing the Barnes tsx and the accubond which I belive from my personal experiences are the two best bullets on the market
Posted By: EdM Re: Cutting edge bullets - 01/11/14
Go over to Accurate Reloading and you can read all about them by folks that have used them a fair bit on all manner of critters.
Posted By: stump270 Re: Cutting edge bullets - 01/11/14
I trust the people on the fire personally we are a good bunch of guys here that give honest opinons
Posted By: Woodhits Re: Cutting edge bullets - 01/11/14
The guy in question has done a TON of testing. Some of his data is on his site:

http://m.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/#/Terminal-Performance.html
Posted By: 16bore Re: Cutting edge bullets - 01/11/14
They are pretty insane, a dollar a shot though...
Posted By: ringworm Re: Cutting edge bullets - 01/11/14
Small world. Your talking about Ken. That's his 75 finnlight, huh?
He is impressed with them and he's not easily impressed.
we spoke a few nights ago about them. Outside of my price range for killing deer. Enjoy the 270.
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: Cutting edge bullets - 01/11/14
I'm assuming your talking about the ESP Raptor bullet when your talking CEB. I have a buddy who used them in OK this year hunting whitetail deer. IIRC he was using a 145 grain Raptor bullet in his .300 Win Mag, we weren't impressed with the bullet on deer. They were too devastating to say the least, he was thinking of using them in Africa in June. He has since said that he'd go back to TTSX for all his hunting.
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Cutting edge bullets - 01/11/14
I called them about the .243, 55 grain Raptor stabilizing in a 12 twist 6-284 I have. They sent me 10 to try. I only shot 1 critter with one of them at 4045 fps.

A coyote at about 250 yds. It killed the coyote mid stride. The petals all exited as did the base of the bullet. Not fur friendly but certainly effective.
Posted By: 1OntarioJim Re: Cutting edge bullets - 01/11/14
Haven't shot any yet, however, my SIL gave me a box for Christmas. He wants me to try them in my 338 Win. Due to their cost I intend to wait for good weather before I start to use them.

Jim
Posted By: stump270 Re: Cutting edge bullets - 01/11/14
I'm gonna try them but in a 7-08 it's hard to beat a 120gr tsx and in a 270wsm or 270win accubond 130 will open up a penetrate incredibly well for what I do
© 24hourcampfire