Home
Posted By: Reloader7RM Nosler Patriot? - 02/10/14
Seems like alot of rifle for an MSRP of $1695.

Any of you going to order one?

http://www.nosler.com/m48-patriot/
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/10/14
meh ... I can't get warmed up to the B&C stock and 24" barrel ... and 1-10" on the .243. the "fast" twist 22-250 seems like a day late and a dollar short
Posted By: RTSJ Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/10/14
Never a lefty available!

Roy
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/10/14
1-9 on the 280 Ackley........grin
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
... I can't get warmed up to the B&C stock . . .

Agreed. B&C needs to take a look at their stock design(s). Thinning the wrist wouldn't hurt any of them.
Posted By: MGunns Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
Nope. Looking heavy at that outfitter though....
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
Pac-Nor barrels they claim.
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
Looks like a big price difference between the M48 Custom Rifle and this new Patriot Rifle. One thing I don't understand is the "Magnum Barrel Contour" on the 280 Ackley. The 270 and 30/06 have the standard barrel (Sporter) contour. It adds a half pound of weight.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
Originally Posted by JGRaider

They are indeed Pac-nor
Posted By: TDN Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
Comparatively not a bad deal for getting into a sporter 6.5/284 either...
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
I like it. They even offer a 1 in 9 twist 22-250 which is cool...
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
i dunno. it looks nice but it's nothing special. it really doesn't do any one thing well. it's not super light. it's not a work of craftsmanship. it doesn't have good twists (other than 22-250). it's a howa action with a decent barrel, but then they stick it in a stock that's too fat and heavy.

i dunno. it's a nice rifle but for the money one could do a few other things that outpace it i think.
Posted By: gerry35 Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
Originally Posted by JGRaider

The have used them in the past and will continue to use them. The word from Nosler is they also will be ordering from other companies since production is going up and Pac Nor might not be able to keep up. The other barrel suppliers are being kept quiet for some reason, Nosler does say all barrels will be held to the same match grade standard.
Posted By: greentimber Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
I'd really like to see them get these right, but they just can't seem to do it.

1/9" on the .260 Rem, 6.5-284 and 26 Nosler. WTH?
Mag contour on the .280AI? WTH? Why would you spec that to be identical to the 7mag?

Chop a couple inches of the barrel on the 7-08 and it would be decent. Figure out how to lighten it by a half pound and we'd be getting somewhere. Same with the '06.

They do have a 24" on the 300 Win, at least. That's a pretty decent setup.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
i dunno. it looks nice but it's nothing special. it really doesn't do any one thing well. it's not super light. it's not a work of craftsmanship. it doesn't have good twists (other than 22-250). it's a howa action with a decent barrel, but then they stick it in a stock that's too fat and heavy.

i dunno. it's a nice rifle but for the money one could do a few other things that outpace it i think.

Agree on all accounts. I have a vanguard that I'm about same money into. Diff is I have the twist I chose(8") and a mcmillian stock. Mines a little heavier but I chose a #3 barrel and standardfill/swirly stock.

Prolly a nice option for a fella that shoots factory ammo,shoots shorter type bullets(for the slower twist offerings) and/or not familiar with ordering his own parts.
I don't know about the other rounds you mentioned but the 26 Nosler is a 26" 1 in 8 twist. I can't find the exact link at this moment but that came directly from them.

Here it is thanks to Nechako Outdoors.

Answers from Shawn Finley
National Rifle Sales Director for Nosler Inc :

Nechako Outdoors asks - Rifle weight at SHOT show was said to be 6.5-7.5 lbs, now its stated at 7.65 lbs � is this correct?
Answer: 7.65# is correct for 26 Nosler Patriot. Weight is estimated and can fluctuate somewhat depending on stock density.

Nechako Outdoors asks - twist rate was supposed to be 1:8 but its now listed on Nosler�s site 1:9 for all 264� diameter bore rifles
Answer: Twist is 1:8�, website is currently incorrect. Working to fix this ASAP.

Nechako Outdoors asks - barrel length was to be 26� on 26Nosler Patriots, now its listed at 24�
Answer: BBL Length is 26�, website is currently incorrect. Working to fix this ASAP.

Nechako Outdoors asks - length of internal box magazine on m48 Patriot 26 Nosler?
Answer: Internal box length is 3.425�

Nechako Outdoors asks - throat length for 26 nosler (is it possible to seat a bullet close to lands and still fit in mag box?
Answer: Awaiting specs, but you will probably hit the end of your magazine box before you hit the rifling.

Nechako Outdoors asks - Nosler is saying a few different barrel manufacturers are being used on the Patriots. A list of which ones is being asked
Answer: We have added a few barrel makers to our vendor list to supplement our production needs, but are not disclosing OEM suppliers in accordance with our agreements with those suppliers. All of the barrels are held to the same tolerance for dimensions and performance.
Posted By: matt_allen Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
350 rem 700 action
400 McMillian
325 barrel
70 bottom metal
25-50 factory trigger
250 for trueing action and fitting barrel
150 ceracoating
100 glass bed

= 1695 and you are gonna have a way nicer gun the way you want.
Since there still is a bunch of confusion over the parent case of the 26 Nosler, this came from the Nosler site.

We will get the SAAMI drawing posted ASAP, but the cartridge is ultimately based on a 404 Jeffrey. DO NOT attempt to make 26 Nosler casings from 375 Ruger brass. The 375 Ruger is smaller in both base, and body--fire forming 375 Ruger will weaken the case wall, rending the casing unsafe.

Hope that helps answer some of the questions! Again, SAAMI drawings to come in the next 24 hours or so. grin

SF

800-285-3701 ext 1028
[email protected]
Excellence � Integrity � Service

Posted By: GSP814 Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
I'm looking at an Outfitter in 35 Whelen, I had the opportunity to handle one at the NRA Harrisburg show and it was quite nice!
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
What's wrong with a 1 in 9, 24" 7-08?
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
Originally Posted by gerrygoat

Nechako Outdoors asks - length of internal box magazine on m48 Patriot 26 Nosler?

Nechako Outdoors asks - throat length for 26 nosler (is it possible to seat a bullet close to lands and still fit in mag box?
Answer: Awaiting specs, but you will probably hit the end of your magazine box before you hit the rifling.

Great. So the magazine box is too short to properly utilize longer bullets. Sounds like a real prize alright.
Posted By: gene270 Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
i saw one at a show and thought it was a nice rifle for the $ the only two things i saw that i didnt care for was the wrist area on the stock........yes you would think they could make it a lot smaller and the use of magnum tapers where they arent needed.

some of you guys are never going to get what you want from a production rifle be it nosler ,forbes, or etc. and will have to go the custom smith route
In regards to the Nosler rifles I've held, the grip felt the size of a beer can. Simply an uncomfortable stock design.
Posted By: JPro Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
I've looked at the various Nosler rifles before in their showroom. I liked the overall packaging, except for the thick wrists on the B&C stocks. That's always been a hang-up for me with some synthetics. A larger guy with bigger hands might find them more appealling.
Posted By: Reloader7RM Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
I might have to try one out in 6.5-284. The 9 twist doesn't bother me as I'd most likely be running 130 NABs.
Originally Posted by GSP814
I'm looking at an Outfitter in 35 Whelen, I had the opportunity to handle one at the NRA Harrisburg show and it was quite nice!

I like the looks of that gun too, it seems well thought out.

As for a 1 in 9 7mm-08 I would say that is the perfect twist for one of those so I can't see anything wrong with that.
I could see a guy doing much worse than a Patriot as an all-rounder in a reasonable chambering. You'd likely keep a good chunk of resale as compared to a semi-custom on a 700, unless you used a big-name smith (with a backlog).

The 280AI appeals to me in that rifle.
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

Great. So the magazine box is too short to properly utilize longer bullets. Sounds like a real prize alright.

You don't seem to like the whole concept so I don't think there is anything Nosler would do that would make you happy. That is fine but there are others that will be happy, not a slam just an observation. For the record I'm not buying one but I do wish Nosler well.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
Not sure why they went 9 twist on a 260.
i didn't mean to put them down but if you're going to create a rifle and ask 1600 bucks for itand be able to provide it in any configuration you want as a manufacturer, why the hell would you NOT get the optimum twist rate across the board and why NOT pay very close attention to the stocks?

take the same amount of time to do it "right." people buying a 1600 dollar rifle are not jimbob walmart .270 types. they know that. so they bring out a rifle for rifle looneys without features a looney wants. wth.
If the 280 Ackley had the lighter barrel contour, I'd but that, sell the stock, and order up a McMillan Edge and have a very nice package ready to rock.
A fast twist barrel costs the same as a slow, so there isn't even that excuse.
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

You don't seem to like the whole concept so I don't think there is anything Nosler would do that would make you happy. That is fine but there are others that will be happy, not a slam just an observation. For the record I'm not buying one but I do wish Nosler well.

I have no interest in the 26 Nosler, but I may purchase a rifle chambered for a different round (such as the fast twist 22-250) , if it weren't for the terrible stock design.
Posted By: JSH Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
Unless you are looking for a particular chambering or specifically want a heavier rifle, it is hard to see $1600 for one of these when you can get into a Montana or Forbes for $12-$1300.
The PN barrel, Cerakote, and accuracy guarantee are worth something. But comparing a Montana/Forbes to a standard sporter-weight rifle is apples/oranges in my opinion. If the stocks were a bit slimmer in the grip and accuracy reports came back good, I think the Patriot sounds like a decent rifle for $1,695, provided the chambering/twist/throating meet your needs.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
I'll likely get a Nosler Rifle in 243 so I can shoot their competition bullets in 105 and 107 grain weights since I can't get the Amax any longer.

Oh wait, Nosler rung the bell with a 1-10" twist in the 243 so you can't shoot the bullets Nosler makes.

How's that for a [bleep] marketing genius
It would be akin to Polaris making, marketing, and selling ATV trailers that are too small to fit their ATV's. Nosler may be doing some things right, but some of their wrongs are glaringly simple....
Perhaps, but on the other hand they probably figured most folks would shoot their BT's, Accubonds and Partitions.
maybe, but for the same price and trouble, EVERYONE could shoot ANY bullet they wanted in a 7, 8 or 9 twist.
And Nosler knows that bullets aren't getting any shorter. Why not err on the side of caution and lean toward a faster twist that other manufacturers have already accepted in factory rifles? Ruger already uses a 1-8" in 6.5mm and a 1-9" in 6mm.

Perhaps Nosler is overly concerned about Joe Average wanting to shoot lighter-to-medium weight bullets in factory loads where a faster twist might make the MOA guarantee a bit tougher? Surely they have some reason.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
Nor can one shoot the 90gr E-tip.

I doubt there is much reason in anything, lots of folks marching to the same tired beat thinking that's the way to do it.

Ruger twists the 223 with a 1-8" twist but you can't load the longer bullets one would use in an 8 twist because of the magazine.

Of course Forbes is smarter, they know bullets aren't getting shorter and give you a longer box for those sleek bullets, the ones you can't shoot at of their 1-10" twist 243.

Originally Posted by JPro
where a faster twist might make the MOA guarantee a bit tougher? Surely they have some reason.

If they were worried about accuracy they shouldn't have started with Pacnor...Dohh!
lol

they pretty much created a specialty rifle for a specialty buyer who isn't going to buy it.

sorta like a camaro with a four cylinder and chit suspension, and you crank the price up based on paint job.
Posted By: aalf Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/11/14
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Nor can one shoot the 90gr E-tip.

I doubt there is much reason in anything, lots of folks marching to the same tired beat thinking that's the way to do it.

Ruger twists the 223 with a 1-8" twist but you can't load the longer bullets one would use in an 8 twist because of the magazine.

Of course Forbes is smarter, they know bullets aren't getting shorter and give you a longer box for those sleek bullets, the ones you can't shoot at of their 1-10" twist 243.

Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'll likely get a Nosler Rifle in 243 so I can shoot their competition bullets in 105 and 107 grain weights since I can't get the Amax any longer.

Oh wait, Nosler rung the bell with a 1-10" twist in the 243 so you can't shoot the bullets Nosler makes.

How's that for a [bleep] marketing genius

Quit beatin' around the GD bush......
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/12/14
Chunky Bell & Carlson stock, suspect mag box length, and slow rate of twist.

The Nosler Patriot seems to be a combination of Juan P. Walmart features on a J.P. Morgan budget.
Posted By: Reloader7RM Re: Nosler Patriot? - 02/13/14
I guess I'll be a guinea pig. I'm going to move a couple rifles and order one in 6.5-284. I happen to love my BC Ti stocks, so hopefully it's similar.
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/06/14
Originally Posted by WiFowler
... I can't get warmed up to the B&C stock . . .

Agreed. B&C needs to take a look at their stock design(s). Thinning the wrist wouldn't hurt any of them.
+2.....I hate that thick wristed bastid!!!...............Hb
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/06/14
I really like the B&C Stocks. I dont have big hands, neither. I also like the large swelled HS stocks. I've never seen a need to booger hook a rifle stock.
Posted By: Old_Doe_Shooter Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/06/14
Since there still is a bunch of confusion over the parent case of the 26 Nosler, this came from the Nosler site.

We will get the SAAMI drawing posted ASAP, but the cartridge is ultimately based on a 404 Jeffrey.

So do I gather that the 26 Nosler is +/- a 6.5. or.264 Dakota?
Posted By: SansSouci Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/06/14
I'm sure that the Nosler rifle is of excellent, but for a few dollars more one could buy a Sako ;-)
Posted By: HaYen Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/07/14
meh ... the "fast" twist 22-250 seems like a day late and a dollar short

True that. Savage will custom build a fast twist for half the price.

HaYen
Posted By: GSP814 Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/07/14
Patriot listed on GunBroker (308 and 300 WM) for $1269.
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/18/14
Yep, that 300 WM tempted me a little but its gone so i feel much better now.........lol.....if not for the thick wristed B&C stock I would have bought it as soon as I saw it, Northern is a good place to buy guns, I have always been satisfied with my purchases there....................Hb
Posted By: Calvin Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/18/14
One of these days, somebody is going to get the twist/mag box right. Until then, we'll keep building.
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/18/14
Before we beat up on Nosler too much...

The vast majority of hunters don't use long range bullets that require a mag box the size of a coffin.

The vast majority of hunters don't shoot super light for caliber bullets that require a super fast twist rate.

Doesn't appear they're interested, so keep building because schit has been dying for a century with hunting bullets and standard twists and that's what the majority of hunters use..

Not trying to piss anyone off, but the general hunting public could probably care less about "specialty" twist rates that stabilize very light bullets or blasting stuff with long target type bullets.

When you market something, you focus on the largest section of that market.

I'm guessing Long Range & Ultra light bullet shooters make up a pretty small percentage.
Posted By: Karnis Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/18/14
Yup.

As an aside, I've thinned Ti stocks through the wrist without any adverse effect.

They should do it right from the get go.
Posted By: Boxer Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/18/14
Moses,

It'd take you better than a Century,to attain a first [bleep] clue. Congratulations?!?

A 2.8" box,twisted 9" and throated in accords...will of course do it all. I may have a few and that may be an understatement.

Hint.

Looking forward to yet another fascinating recounting of all the things you've almost done,the wares you almost did it with and all the places you almost did them.

Bless your heart.

Posted By: JohnMoses Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/18/14
Hey Tom Thumb,

How ya been?

Call Nosler and cry. They made the rifle.

All I did was try to clue you in on what is obviously their attitude concerning fast twists and long bullets.

Never said faster twists wouldn't work.

Here ya go tiny. Good Luck...

Nosler Inc.
Attn: Sales Dept.
107 SW Columbia St.
Bend, OR 97702
Posted By: Boxer Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/18/14
Moses,

You Whining Kchunt,you were nearly brazen enough to say sumptin' about rifles. Almost. Laffin'!

Fascinating to me,that your Stupidity grants you the delusion that you are going to "tell" me about rifles,boolits,twist rates,COAL and chamberings. Now THAT issome seriously [bleep] funny schit!

I realize that you are that the mercy of your Dumbfhukktitude and are simply doing the best that you can and I appreciate the humor of the fruits of your "knowledge" and "experience". Were you not an incredibly [bleep] stupid Do Nothing Kchunt,you'd know that I laughed at Nosler's stupidity,nearly as much as your's. Neither of which,have ever been a "secret",let alone "new". Laffin'!

The only thing you shoot is your mouth and I appreciate your taking the time to repeatedly expound upon it.

Bless your heart.

Looking forward to your next Whine and an eve longer list of things you've almost done,wares you almost did it with and the places you almost did 'em.

Wow +P+.
Posted By: Old_Doe_Shooter Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/18/14
I used to think everyone was entitled to their opinion and the readers could glean what they wanted or needed from those who are informed (or think they are) on a given subject. I now have learned there are those who have an opinion and others are only entitled to agree with it. I also have learned there are quite a few folks who are definitely off their medication and should immediately rectify that situation.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/18/14
Originally Posted by Old_Doe_Shooter
I also have learned there are quite a few folks who are definitely off their medication and should immediately rectify that situation.

You're right! ..... What happens is the 24Hour OompaLoompa goes off the booze & recreational meds, sobers up and starts posting his constant usual dripping again.

He's quite predictable and fun to play with.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Boxer Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/19/14
Titty Shooter,

You poor poor clueless dumbfhukk,it is HILARIOUS that you have ever fancied the notion that you've a first [bleep] clue about anything. Holy schitt...THAT is [bleep] funny!

I'll feign my "surprise",that yet another Clueless Kchunt went right to Whining and skirted ALL things the rifle. 'Course,what other move can you make?!? Laffin'!

Looking forward to your next Whine and more excuses.

Bless your heart.

SuperKchunt,

Mebbe lob another cartoon,or plagiarize yet another pic and really knock it out of the Park. Laffin'!

Hell...you,Titty Shooter and poor [bleep] stupid Moses oughtta form The Vagina Triangle and swap PM's,so you can exchange Pretend. Laffin'!

You "hard chargers" are a [bleep] riot and you gals sure "do" it up. Laffin'!

Lemme fuel your Imagination,if only to bolster your Pretend,so you Do Nothing Day Dreaming Dumbfhukks will have more to Whine about.

[Linked Image]

I know...I know,it all sails over your pointy head.

Laffin'!

Posted By: SuperCub Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/19/14
Big deal .... yawn.
Posted By: Old_Doe_Shooter Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/19/14
Mr. Boxer

How long has it been since you were allowed out of your Mom's basement?
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/19/14
Well my feelings are hurt now.

I had hoped after we had met you'd be nicer to me.

Stick is larger than life on the internet, not so much in person.

Here is a pic of our meeting. His love of light rifles now makes sense.

Nice socks pee wee.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/19/14
Laffin'

Posted By: Boxer Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/20/14
SuperKchunt,

Reality ain't for everyone,as you so eloquently attest,you poor poor Day Dreaming Do Nothing Kchunt.

Perhaps lob another cartoon and/or plagiarize a pic,to quantify the "satisfactions" of your Imagination and it's Pretend. Laffin'!

I'll feign my "surprise",that you took the lonnnggggggggg way around,to skirt all things The Rifle.

Bless your heart.

Titty Shooter,

You Do Nothing Dumbfhukks are a [bleep] riot!

Looking forward to your next Whine and more fascinating details of your Drooling Dumbfhukktitude.

You are doing great.

Laffin'!

Moses,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it however you please....just continue to do so aloud.

You poor poor stupid [bleep] couldn't knock the new,off a used pair of boots,but luckily for you,Imagination and Pretend are free.

The Vagina Triangle is really on fire!

I'm crying I'm laughing so [bleep] hard,you clueless stupid [bleep].

Wow +P+!

Posted By: Old_Doe_Shooter Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/20/14
Iggy time for the idiot....... he's #1 and I am sure proud of it.

Now back to Nosler..... has anyone actually bought one? Price seems a bit high if that really a Howa action when a WBY V2 is half that MSRP and still has a MOA label on it. Wondering???
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/20/14
Re-yawn .... You got boring fast this time. tired

You need to change up that drool you do.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/20/14
Old Doe Shooter,

It's not a Howa action. It was designed by the guy who designed the Howa, who apparently got lazy. But it's made in Oregon specifically for Nosler.
Posted By: Old_Doe_Shooter Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/20/14
Thanks John. Can you translate the "apparently got lazy" part of your info? It's not a Howa and is made in Oregon but....??? Does that mean "not as good as a Howa" or "better than" cause he was lazy on the Howa? Or? Buy USA is a big thing to me but I can't afford a herd of Dakota rifles, one for me and one for the Mrs is it. So the herd is mostly modified 110,77, 70 & 7/600/700,a couple 98's and a 17.
I've never gone the Howa/Wby route but curious.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/21/14
He was lazy because he just repeated the basic Howa dimensions, but the actions have substantial differences in other ways. The original Nosler Custom action, for instance, has integral bases for scope mounts. Every action is also machined very precisely when made, rather than having mass-production errors corrected by "blueprinting."

There's certainly nothing wrong with the basic Howa design; in fact some people think it's one of the best push-feed actions. But the Nosler action is NOT made by Howa, and has certain improvements, both in tight production standards and other details, such as the safety and trigger. And it is NOT made in Japan.
Posted By: Old_Doe_Shooter Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/21/14
thanks
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/21/14
Well, if Nosler thinks they can design a better 'mousetrap", then good luck to them!
Quite a spread in price when you consider a Nosler Patriot vs. a Ruger American.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/21/14
There's quite a price spread between the Ruger American and 98% of the bolt-action rifles on the market. But I don't think Nosler is trying to compete with the Ruger American, or Ruger developed the American to compete with Nosler's rifle line. They are meant for two completely different markets.

The Patriot does have some features the American doesn't, such as a far more sophisticated, stiffer synthetic stock, with a comb much better suited to using a scope. You also won't have to rasp the forend channel on the Nosler, as is more than occasionally necessary on the American for the free-floated barrel to float.

The Patriot is also Cerakoted, and has a better trigger. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with the American's trigger (I own three Americans, and have shot several others) but it ain't as good as the one on the Patriot.
Posted By: SansSouci Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/21/14
The Heritage looks appealing due to its oiled, walnut stock. It is offered in .280 AI, but I'd be happy with a .280 Rem.
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/22/14
If Nosler would get B&C to slim down the pistol grip on this thing I'd buy two or maybe three but if a rifle don't feel right in My hands it ain't the rifle for me, I don't care how good it's built..........................Hb
Posted By: sandpit Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/23/14
on the B&C stocks i see some have checkering in the grip,are they any thinner than the standard style?ive got the standard and am thinking of taking some off.
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Nosler Patriot? - 05/23/14
I really couldn't say as I have never handled one and doubt that I ever see one in My neck of the woods but from the looks of the pics it seems to have the same thick non-checkered pistol grip as the stock they provide for the 700 Mountain, but maybe not as thick as the super clubby stock they supply for Winchesters All Weather mod 70.............Hb
Posted By: Sakohunter264 Re: Nosler Patriot? - 07/26/14
I'd like to hear if anybody has tried one of these rifles? I'm seriously considering on in 280 AI or 7mm-08.

Need your help on this decision.
Posted By: geedubya Re: Nosler Patriot? - 07/27/14
B,

never cared all that much for the .243 diameter cartridges........

[Linked Image]

prolly why I can't find my 6mm Rem dies. Must have sold them.

Best,

GWB
© 24hourcampfire