Home
Ok...so I got what I think was a good deal on one. It's blued with lam. stock. It's in very good condition. Came with bases rings and a nikon prostaff and 80pcs of new brass. What would you have paid or would you even consider it?
Thanks (even though I guess it's to late now!)
Will
$450
Now its time to shoot and enjoy. I and the wife both run 300 SAUMs in model 7 SS. We have killed a bunch of deer and several elk with them.
Bullseye steelhead! I bought 2 rifles and with the value of the other I figured about $450 in the M7.
Thanks
nothing wrong with that chambering.

Basically a supercharged 30-06 in a short action. The SAUM cartridges fit the Rem 700 SA and the Model Seven a bit better than the WSM's. Not much difference with equal barrel lengths.

You got all of that for $450? If so, I think you did real good. Let us know how it shoots.
I wouldn't say you screwed up at all. I think you did pretty well!
I've bought a few model 7s over the years and still have a few. In a different caliber I knew that was a good price, I just wasn't sure about the 300 rsaum. I know brass is high and hard to find. I hadn't even thought about getting one but I felt like it was a good deal. The brass sealed the deal, gave me something new to play with!
Thanks for the input,
Will
The .300 SAUM isn't a cartridge that generates any interest on my part but you did well for $450.
No flies on the SAUMs for the handloader with a few bags of brass. I've had the 300 and the 7mm. Liked both and both shot great in Remington factory guns.
And when, or if you tire of it, folks will be lined up around the cyber-block to buy it to convert to a 6.5 saum.
That is a steal. Nice job! I would hunt the crap out of it. Cabelas just had a run of rem 300saum brass. It can be difficult to find at times so stock up when you find it.
I'll Make a Great 6.5 SAUM.
You did very well
Good grab!
mine shoots like a house of fire but not quite what my 7SAUM will.

We have 15" of snow and its still snowing so I dont think I'll be shooting it today. frown
Thanks for all the input guys,
Will
I'd say you stole that one. Does yours have the schnabel forend? I just traded into a model 7 cdl in 7 saum but not near that price . Mine has a very pretty walnut stock and is a whitetails unlimited gun with a laser etched double drop tine buck on the buttstock. Previous owner showed me a target with a 3 shot group that a nickel would cover with factory ammo. Not sure i'm keeping mine yet. I think i'd rather have the saum in a ss bdl. decisions...
Yes, its the light brown lam. stock with the schnabel forend. The guy I got it from had his eye on another rifle deal and time was ticking so he needed the funds quick. It was one of those times where you make a quick decision or somebody else was going to end up with it. Sounds like I did the right thing buying it. He priced the guns to me, I didn't bet him down or take advantage of his situation.
Cool...
Originally Posted by willecoyote
I've bought a few model 7s over the years and still have a few. In a different caliber I knew that was a good price, I just wasn't sure about the 300 rsaum. I know brass is high and hard to find. I hadn't even thought about getting one but I felt like it was a good deal. The brass sealed the deal, gave me something new to play with!
Thanks for the input,
Will

Since you have experience with multiple rifles, can you provide some info about which model seven's have anti bind rails on the receiver?
Edds, I can't help you, never heard of an anti bind rail.
I shot a M7 300 SAUM for years. Nothing wrong with with it, killed moose and deer just fine. Shot better after a round of Tubbs to lap the barrel. Then the WSM Kimber came along so I turned it into a 350 mag. smile
© 24hourcampfire