Home
I tell ya, what a terrible rifle Remington makes these days. Took a brand new 700 SPS varmint 223 to the range today that was topped with an el cheapo Nikon P223 4x12

And a 700 ADL in 22-250 I bought about 10 years ago topped with a Bushnell 4200 elite 6x24 - had the trigger polished and cleaned up on this rifle and had not shot it yet

Darn things just shot lights out with hand loads and factory loads. Terrible, crappy remingtons... smile
Yeah they shoot good but watch out! They go off all by themselves. laugh
And the recoil will cause the bolt handle to fly off and smack you in the nuts. smile
I know what you mean. My Remington 700 AAC 7.62 only brought down 3 deer this year with 3 shots with my 78 year old Father In-Law behind the scope. Granted all the shots were 200-300 yards isn't alot to ask, except when the shooter would be happy to just have iron sights and used to average 1 deer per box of ammo! Seriously!
Go figure, a sub MOA Remington right out of the box, gotta love it!

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/M-308/davebolt.jpg
Originally Posted by Les7603006
And the recoil will cause the bolt handle to fly off and smack you in the nuts. smile

Heard they are prepping Emergency Room Dr's all over the country for all the incoming cases grin
Originally Posted by OldRook
I tell ya, what a terrible rifle Remington makes these days. Took a brand new 700 SPS varmint 223 to the range today that was topped with an el cheapo Nikon P223 4x12

And a 700 ADL in 22-250 I bought about 10 years ago topped with a Bushnell 4200 elite 6x24 - had the trigger polished and cleaned up on this rifle and had not shot it yet

Darn things just shot lights out with hand loads and factory loads. Terrible, crappy remingtons... smile

get a savage, much better rifle.
They work great....until they don't. Not a lot of middle ground with 700's

Those P223 scopes are huge value for the money. Don't tell anyone, we don't want the prices to go out of control.
Originally Posted by wrongway

get a savage, much better rifle.

Thought you'd be a salvage kinda guy.
Originally Posted by smarquez

Those P223 scopes are huge value for the money. Don't tell anyone, we don't want the prices to go out of control.

+1

I picked up the 4x12x40 P223 600 and for $200 I'm more than impressed
© 24hourcampfire