Home
Posted By: Slidellkid Why the Shortage of 243 - 04/15/14
This is rediculous. Where the hell is all the 243 ammo? It is impossible to find any Nosler ballistic tips and every store I have been in is completely out of all 243 ammo. There is plenty of everything else, just no 243 - what's up with this?
Posted By: Canazes9 Re: Why the Shortage of 243 - 04/15/14
http://ammoseek.com/ammo/243-winchester

David
Plenty here in Kentucky. In fact all rifle ammo is in good supply with the possible exception of .308. Plenty of military ammo however. Only shortage here is anything rimfire.
Posted By: LSU fan Re: Why the Shortage of 243 - 04/15/14
Cabelas outside of Baton Rouge is pretty much stocked up in all rifle ammo and most pistol ammo.
Originally Posted by LSU fan
Cabelas outside of Baton Rouge is pretty much stocked up in all rifle ammo and most pistol ammo.

Ditto in Denver. Except .22 rimfire.
Posted By: Slidellkid Re: Why the Shortage of 243 - 04/15/14
I have been trying ammoseek and they have some ammo but nobody has 95 grain nosler ballistic tips in the Federal or Winchester offerings.
Posted By: 1tnhunter Re: Why the Shortage of 243 - 04/15/14
Its been scarce here too. One local shop just got Federal Blues and Hornady Whitetail in.
I guess the ammo manufactures aren't doing a run currently.
Posted By: 1Nut Re: Why the Shortage of 243 - 04/16/14
I have not looked for 243 ammo since I reload. But I have not noticed a shortage. Rimfire is nearly impossible to find.
Posted By: ihookem Re: Why the Shortage of 243 - 04/16/14
The reason for the shortage is because .223 was so hard to find for so long , I like my others saw the .243 WIn as practical. A bit more expensive to shoot but good for anything from crows to deer.
Some is in my basement, but not much really. I think it's the case
but I could be wrong. I thought I was once but that was incorrect.
Posted By: mudhen Re: Why the Shortage of 243 - 04/16/14
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by LSU fan

Ditto in Denver. Except .22 rimfire.
Same at Cabelas in Buda (TX) last weekend. Components were somewhat limited, though, and prices were higher than I expected.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Why the Shortage of 243 - 04/16/14
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
This is rediculous. Where the hell is all the 243 ammo? It is impossible to find any Nosler ballistic tips and every store I have been in is completely out of all 243 ammo. There is plenty of everything else, just no 243 - what's up with this?
Maybe, since nobody can get .22, they have started to buy up all the .243..
Posted By: mdv1state Re: Why the Shortage of 243 - 04/16/14
None at academy here last time I looked. Couldn't even find the spot on the shelf where it should be.
Posted By: Slidellkid Re: Why the Shortage of 243 - 04/16/14
Every place I look there is just a blank spot on the shelf and every other caliber is full. Can't figure this out. Federal must not be producing any 95 BT
Posted By: selmer Re: Why the Shortage of 243 - 04/16/14
I don't have any trouble finding the components I need to reload .243 Win.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Why the Shortage of 243 - 04/16/14
Same as 22... scalpers, hoarders.

LOL, fat chance.. We're slowly being fleeced!
Posted By: LSU fan Re: Why the Shortage of 243 - 04/16/14
Go to Midway and Midsouth and sign up to get an email alert when the ammo you want comes in stock. Still got a long time till hunting season. Shoot whatever you can find until then.
Slidellkid - funny you posted this as my local Wally World has had plenty of .243W & .30/06 BUT nothing else...no .22LR, .223, .308 etc. The same boxes of premium .338WM have been there for months now at $60 each (wonder why...hmmm). Would like some 7MM08 but no dice. Homesteader
I cannot even find any 95gr Ballistic Tips to hand load, so maybe there is a connection.
Posted By: ihookem Re: Why the Shortage of 243 - 04/17/14
I was at Cabelas the other day cashing in on my points. I saw very little .243 Win bullets There was a Horn. 100 gr boattails for 23.99. I bought them. Getting to be much like a commodity and am sure the value will go up faster than the value of 24 bucks would in my bank.
© 24hourcampfire