Home
Posted By: JPro Kick-Eez vs. Decelerator? - 05/20/14
Anybody have any experience with Kick-Eez? I've got a factory walnut rifle stock with a hockey-puck rubber 3/4" pad that I'm looking to replace with a 1/2" pad of softer material. I've used the 0.6" Decelerators before and while they are only okay for comfort, they are durable. Handling a Kick-Eez pad, it looks like it might do a bit better job regarding comfort, but I don't know how they hold up over time. Any opinions?
I've been using a Kick-Eze for 15 years and it still looks new.
I have 1/2" Decelerator pads on all my rifles from 17 through 6mm. And 1" pads on 7mm and bigger. If comfort is needed I'd recommend a red or brown 1" Old English Decelerator as they have a black spacer and will look trimmer than an all black 1" pad. And they look nice on walnut stocks.

http://www.pachmayr.com/home/D752B.php

I'd like to order a Kick-Eez to have in hand and evaluate though.
Posted By: mistem Re: Kick-Eez vs. Decelerator? - 05/21/14
Originally Posted by JPro
Anybody have any experience with Kick-Eez? Handling a Kick-Eez pad, it looks like it might do a bit better job regarding comfort, but I don't know how they hold up over time. Any opinions?

I've got a couple...real like them. If you've every had a decelerator bottom out on a heavy kicker you will really like the Kick-eez pads. Several years back I had a 375 RUM in a laminated stock, the decelerator on the laminated stock would bottom out during recoil......knocked the piss right out of you. grin If you're looking to reduce stock weight...this isn't your pad
Posted By: mistem Re: Kick-Eez vs. Decelerator? - 05/21/14
[Linked Image]

Top rifle is a 338 Win Mag ...7lbs 2 ozs pictured....Kick-Eez pad tamed the beast grin
Kick-EEZ to my knowledge is the only recoil pad that is made of sorbothane.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Kick-EEZ to my knowledge is the only recoil pad that is made of sorbothane.

I did not know that. Sorbothane is some tough stuff. I used to use the same sorbothane insoles for 2-3 pairs of work shoes before they wore out.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Kick-Eez vs. Decelerator? - 05/22/14
They have a bunch of different sizes available for a screw on fit. If you go their web page, download the template with available sizes. Brownells and a few other companies have them in stock, but it's better to get the actual model number that you need from their web page. Good pads.
Great pads. Just don't leave them resting on them in the safe for long periods of time. They will eventually compress. Had it happen to a shotgun or two. I always place them barrel down(shotguns).
© 24hourcampfire