Home
Posted By: extremesolo Tikka Wood - 06/05/14
I have a Tikka T3 in a 338 Federal that the previous owner had the wood stock re-done. I kind of liked the darker walnut factory stocks but I think this one looks nice as well. I believe all he did was strip the old finish and apply another finish to the wood. I never saw one look quite like this. Anyone else have a tikka with nice wood grain?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: extremesolo Re: Tikka Wood - 06/05/14
Stupid upside down pictures. I don't know why they always show up like that.
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Tikka Wood - 06/05/14
I like it. Unique looking T3 stock! I recently found a T3 7mm-08 with some of the nicest timber that I've seen on a T3. Also have a unique stock on my 6.5x55 that has a different checkering pattern and decent walnut.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: slasher Re: Tikka Wood - 06/06/14

That's stunning, classy, and just gorgeous.

My T3 300 WSM stock is as plain and homely as one could have. I have a model 695 that's classy in the looks department and heavy as a boat anchor.

I have seen a couple of gorgeous ones in stores but always in the wrong cartridge for me. I think they were a couple of hundred extra and called Deluxe or something as it's been a few years.

Heck, one was a T 3 model in 223, wood with blue steel, of all combos, which I normally would consider a truck gun. I started to buy it just for the stock, in fact. It was priced $200 higher.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Tikka Wood - 06/06/14
I wouldn't get too discouraged by a plainly stocked 300+ cartridge. All that classy figure could give you a cracked stock if not done correctly. Besides, one less thing to worry about.
Posted By: extremesolo Re: Tikka Wood - 06/06/14
MCT3 both of those tikkas are sharp looking. Really like the wood/stainless 6.5x55. I wanted one of them in a Tikka but could not find one so I ended up with a Howa in that cartridge.
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Tikka Wood - 06/06/14
Thanks. I wish Beretta would start importing the T3 6.5x55's again...sweet cartridge. At least some T3 260's are showing up in the U.S.

Slasher - You're right about the 695. It's built like a tank. I've had one for about 15 years and it's a great shooter.
Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: Tikka Wood - 06/12/14
Both look great
© 24hourcampfire