Home
Figured I would show off my new slug gun since there are a few of use in shotgun only areas. The gun is a Savage 220F in a McMillan HTG stock. Waiting on a set of Extended Talley Lows to mount up the Leupold VX-2 3-9x40 as the standard lows would need some trimming to get the scope mounted.

This is my second 220F in a McMillan HTG and while the stock is far superior to the factory plastic it does come in 8-oz heavier. I have an Edge on order hoping to lose the additional 8-oz but would really like it if I could get McMillan to make a copy of the factory stock in edge fill as the HTG is rather bulky.

Pictures:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Very cool. Can't wait to hear how it shoots. Mine is a great shotgun. Between my son and myself we have stacked up quite a few deer with it.
I have had one a few years as well. Starting this year we can use handgun cartridges in rifles, but there would be no advantage over the Savage. I got a 3 shot 1 hole group at 100 yards on initial sight in. With the Federal P209TC 3"
Good looking rig! As well as these shoot in the factory stock I can only imagine what it may do in a McMillan.
Looks great - bought the wife one this past summer for hunting on her family farm in IL. Sighted it in and it's a 1.5" shooter with the Rem Accutip bonded at 100 yds. She busted a milk jug at 160 yds with it. Kicks a LOT less than the 12 ga 870.
I just bought a Savage 220 SS camo and had to send it back to Savage because the barrel wasn't even rifled it was a smooth bore and the flimsy plastic magazine wouldn't lock into the mag well when it was loaded with two shells...........lol............Savage quality.....Good luck..................Hb
Mine is perfect!

Sorry you got a lemon, but that can happen with any mfg.
Scott,
That's sweet! How much does it weigh with the HTG?
Originally Posted by CLB
Mine is perfect!

Sorry you got a lemon, but that can happen with any mfg.
You are exactly right it can happen with any manufacturer and as long as they make it right it's really not a big deal, I still got plenty of time before the Ohio gun season and hopefully I will tag out by then anyway, this gun is for the years I strike out with My bow and have to hunt the gun season........................Hb
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Scott,
That's sweet! How much does it weigh with the HTG?

7-lbs 5-oz in the HTG with the Talley Lightweight Lows.
Looks like a rifle!! Nice!!
Really nice - great accuracy at a fair price.
© 24hourcampfire