Home
Notably Nikon scopes with the giant ugly a$$ stickers on top. Why in the world do people leave them on the dang thing? It's ugly. And to me it says "I bore sighted this rifle yesterday and now I can hit a running buck at 1,000 yards." I've seen guys in the field with the factory stickers still on the scope.

Why do people do this? What gives? Same could be asked for companies that put stickers on the stock. I mean, I've never seen someone at the range or in the field with a Winchester rifle still have the sticker on the barrel... but the stock and scope - oh yeah.
They want to show everyone they got the baddest bdc retical on there big ass wizbang .308 that they got from wallyworld for there birthday. They will even lick there finger and whipe the mud off of there nice white sneakers at the range. I bought my 600.00$ rifle and 500.00$ scope and painted it all camo about an hour after I bought it. Took it out and sighted it in then threw it in the back of the truck and went to have a beer
Like running around with the tag still on your ball cap........crazy.
don't know. don't care. and don't know why anyone would care .
Yeah, I'd not worry so much over another person's rifle. But if it does get your goat, by all means, don't go over to the zazzle web site and look at all those scope stickers they have for sale, you'd have a melt down.

BTW, Thought you had one of those Bad Boy Pee stickers on your truck? Isn't that kinda like the pot calling the kettle black??
Originally Posted by southtexas

This

I hope to have my life to a point where things like this would be what bothers me. If so - things is gravy.
Personally, I like those Hanoi Jane Urinal target stickers the VFW lodge leaves on the toilet. Kinda motivates me to drink more beer.
Jeez folks, don't get worked into a tizzy. Unwad your leopard print thongs and GFY. laugh

Just a question, something I've been wondering about for years. Do I care? Just enough to ask the question on here while relaxing after a long day at work, having seen the aforementioned sticker in a for sale ad on another forum. Cheers, gents! *raises glass*

BTW- I'm not this guy: http://www.werealotlikeyou.com/#profiles/28bumperstickeridealist

Originally Posted by GaryVA
BTW, Thought you had one of those Bad Boy Pee stickers on your truck? Isn't that kinda like the pot calling the kettle black??

Yeah, it's about time for a new avatar.

No truck, no Calvin sticker. Sorry to disappoint.
only one person seems to be in a tizzy.
Well it takes all sorts.

Way back, camera manufacturers used put gaudy little gold 'PASSED' stickers on their cameras and lenses. Some people used to leave them stuck on there like they thought their camera was better than one that didn't have the little gold sticker. "Look at me, my camera has a gold 'PASSED' sticker, your camera hasn't". I found it annoying at the time but have mellowed in my old age and such trivia doesn't bother me anymore. After all, they own it, they can do what they want with it; inside of the law.

Skull and Crossbones stickers are the go.
Originally Posted by bobnob17
Skull and Crossbones stickers are the go.

They make the rifle shoot better I hear.

Getting back on Topic I left the sticker on my Swaro Z3on first 2 trips to the range and it is still on it AFAIK at Swaros service center while it is getting repaired. grin
Swarovski guys leave the price tags on their scopes too.................. grin
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Swarovski guys leave the price tags on their scopes too.................. grin

Swaro is a sore subject with me these days, I am trying to make fun of the situation.

I would have thought that would have been the S&B crowd! smile
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I would have thought that would have been the S&B crowd! smile

One would think that Bentleys of the scope world that they are
Price tags and diamond pinky rings are the rage with the Swaro, blued and walnut crowd.

I don't pay enough attention to anybody else's equipment to even notice.
Price tags and diamond pinky rings are the rage with the Swaro, blued and walnut crowd.

Dont have a Diamond Pinky ring but I can fix that grin my Leupolds with DiamondCoat 2 don't have stickers
Show off....... grin
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Notably Nikon scopes with the giant ugly a$$ stickers on top. Why in the world do people leave them on the dang thing? It's ugly. And to me it says "I bore sighted this rifle yesterday and now I can hit a running buck at 1,000 yards." I've seen guys in the field with the factory stickers still on the scope.

Why do people do this? What gives? Same could be asked for companies that put stickers on the stock. I mean, I've never seen someone at the range or in the field with a Winchester rifle still have the sticker on the barrel... but the stock and scope - oh yeah.

I leave all the stickers on everything. I have no doubt idea why. And honestly, I never even notice them until somebody else points them out, or it somehow gets in my way.

Travis
Those shiny stickers reflect light and scare game worst than blue tape....
The ghost of Minnie Pearl...
Those shiny stickers reflect light and scare game worst than blue tape....

That's why I keep my eyes closed in the field.

Wait...

What?

Travis
Must be gang bangers!
It could be worse... it could be a gay "bone collector" sticker on the gun stock.
Wonder if they leave the plastic on there lampshades and couch cushions lol.
I leave my rubbers on...just to impress.
I mounted a Lightforce and discovered I had left the quality control check (I think it was) sticker on and half under the front ring! Doh. It came off when I changed rings.
Don't you just love it when some young pup is stocking component bullets on the shelf and he puts the price tag right over the caliber and/or the bullet weight?

"Boy, I say boy, you re about to exceed the limits of my medication." Foghorn Leghorn

This X10
I like blue steel and walnut. I don't do pinky rings or stickers of any kind. Guns, scopes, bumpers, windshields or whatever - none. I have been known to remove some of the painted printing from scopes.

Jack
I leave scope stickers on because they go well with the Transformer decal on my truck.
Originally Posted by Techsan
I leave scope stickers on because they go well with the Transformer decal on my truck.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
Look guys...what you have to think about is this:

Older hunters/shooters oft times are bordering on the verge of almost not being able to find the way back home due to 'Old Timers Disease' and when a shot is missed...due to the fact that a $$$ amount sticker is on the scope...the old boys can take a gander at it and exclaim..."Well kiss my stinkin Irish arse...I can't believe I paid that much for this piece of schitt!"

Simple!! eek frown

Yup. Have enough to do worrying about my own without worrying about what others do or why.

Dad gave me a Ruger American with a Bushnell scope in the rings. The scope has a big sticker that says "RainGuard HD". The sticker is stil on the scope but the scope in sitting on a shelf, replaced by a Burris FF-II with Ballistic Plex reticle. The sticker stays on the Bushnell for now - it may be trade bait and someone may like it.
Ive seen that. There are a lot of things in the gun community that doesn't interest me or I wouldn't do but that doesn't mean that it makes the rig any less of a deer/game zapper. So if it suits you and is legal and safe have at it.
If it's their equipment, it's there if they want it. Man cards need not be presented -- this forum has gone high school.
Originally Posted by agazain
If it's their equipment, it's there if they want it. Man cards need not be presented -- this forum has gone high school.

"this forum has gone high school"

Hmmm....how about kindergarten!!

But very amusing!!

Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
Like running around with the tag still on your ball cap........crazy.

Or like leaving the plastic wrapper on the handle of fishing rods, like the cork handle is gonna get hurt or dirty.

Effin gay... smile
© 24hourcampfire