Home
So I am looking for some feedback from anyone who has experience hunting with the Ruger Gunsite. Is the rifle easier to carry with the 5 round or the 3 round?

I can't tell for sure, but with the 10 round mag the rifle balances nicely at a 45 degree angle facing downward with 2 fingers over the front guard screw and two fingers along the forward edge of the magazine and thumb along the barrel. Or would is it easier to balance with the flush 3 round magazine?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks kindly.
I've a herd of poly 5's and they ain't so bad.

Depending on the chambering(I assume you are talking OEM 308Win)...I'd defer to AICS 5's,to gain COAL latitude.

And snip the release a smidge to boot.............
Hint............

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I have a 5 and 10 round magazines available if anyone wants to make a reasonable offer for them. The 5 is used in great condition and the 10 in new in the package.

Perry
Poly or steel?..............
Thanks Big Stick.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is COAL latitude?

What stock is that?
Cartridge Over All Length.

OEM Scout Poly's are trite at 2.800" and small change,which is a Leap Of Faith in 308 with any bullet worth a phuqq. Their steel mags are greater in COAL latitude,AICS better yet and Alpha's steal the show.

Hint.

I'd be rockin' Skinners ala AICS...............
Thanks again Big Stick.

Have you any regrets (for hunting) not using the flush fitting 3 round mag instead of the 5 round?
If you fret flush,why did you buy a DBM?

Sling stud location,rates a thunk...to the port side.

Hint................
© 24hourcampfire