Home
Just scroll down and browse the pics. Sometimes there just aren't words...

http://forums.nitroexpress.com/show...amp;Number=245742&page=0&fpart=1
OOh My Eyes!!!

Mike
Wow, just wow.

That rifle is lovely.
Wow.
What a work of art.
Lovely piece of work. Certainly worthy of anything from London.

My only question would be the consistency of the bolt mounted peep sight. Seems like a Lyman 48 or similar receiver sight would have more consistent (i.e. fixed) placement of the sight.
Enjoyed that...thanks.
It doesn't suck!
Wow. Oh, wow!
I am not nuts.
First off - gorgeous rifle!

Now - why does it have one standing blade and four folding leaf sights AND a popup peep sight? It's a serious question, why have both leaf sights and a peep sight?
The guy that had it built got a little carried away...and probably has no intention of ever using it....
test
Originally Posted by ingwe
The guy that had it built got a little carried away...and probably has no intention of ever using it....

That's pretty much my take on it but I wanted to hear a corroborating opinion. wink
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Originally Posted by ingwe

That's pretty much my take on it but I wanted to hear a corroborating opinion. wink

Give him a break, guys, he's a French.

They have fall backs for everything.
Stunning, beautiful little rifle but I could do without that parade of rear sites, myself. smile

How do we think a Nightforce would work on that rifle? Anybody? whistle crazy
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Stunning, beautiful little rifle but I could do without that parade of rear sites, myself. smile

That's evil, just evil - even in jest.

I love the very classy near to eye peep and front sight.

The leaf sights may be traditional; but are, I agree, also pointless.
Originally Posted by Rovering

That's evil, just evil - even in jest.
[/quote]

Hahaha! Rovering I was trolling with that one....it is a beautiful rifle.
Cerakote and drop in a mcswirly?
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

My only question would be the consistency of the bolt mounted peep sight. Seems like a Lyman 48 or similar receiver sight would have more consistent (i.e. fixed) placement of the sight.

Tex, the diopter peep mounted on the striker was a standard option on Rigbys. Here it is as an option on the current M98. They even identify it as a Rigby-style diopter. I've seen a few pics of Rigbys with both the striker mounted peep and folding leaf sights on an island rib, just like the Dorleac in the pictures.

http://www.mauser.com/en/products/m98/options/
Originally Posted by RevMike
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

Tex, the diopter peep mounted on the striker was a standard option on Rigbys. Here it is as an option on the current M98. They even identify it as a Rigby-style diopter. I've seen a few pics of Rigbys with both the striker mounted peep and folding leaf sights on an island rib, just like the Dorleac in the pictures.

http://www.mauser.com/en/products/m98/options/

That Mauser is quite nice in its own right.

Mauser stumped me with one of their chamberings: 8.5 x 63
I don't think I could afford but one of them.
I touched myself while I looked at those pictures.
I had to clean the screen.....
A bit over the top for me. I will stick with my Swede based 7x57. smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I could live with it..... whistle
Originally Posted by EdM
A bit over the top for me. I will stick with my Swede based 7x57. smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That doesn't suck
Is it just me or do I notice a distinct style difference between this rifle and the Dorleac posted above? I mean, Ed's beautiful 7x57 seems to fall in the style of what I often see termed an "express" rifle, while the Dorleac is what I often see described as a "stalking rifle." Is there a difference? Or am I just seeing a distinction that isn't there? It wouldn't be the first time.
I always knew Rigby's weren't cheap but this one takes the cake.

http://www.gunsinternational.com/RI...439d-9D673343-90B1-1C3E-AE80C36955D432AB
Originally Posted by RevMike
Is it just me or do I notice a distinct style difference between this rifle and the Dorleac posted above? I mean, Ed's beautiful 7x57 seems to fall in the style of what I often see termed an "express" rifle, while the Dorleac is what I often see described as a "stalking rifle." Is there a difference? Or am I just seeing a distinction that isn't there? It wouldn't be the first time.

Good question Rev. The difference seems subtle if there is one at all. The ones Ive seen labeled stalking rifles typically seemed slimmer, with longer barrels. Express rifles seem to look more like the one above...a bit more compact....
See if anyone else chimes in with something more definitive.
Ya'll are crazy. Them be beanfield rifles.

But seriously, I'm up for adoption, Ed. You should consider an overgrowed hillbilly kid.

The owner of that Rigby has more money than sense.
© 24hourcampfire