Home
When I joined this site...

I was just trying to figure out how old the Savage 99e was that I had just bought...

I had a severe distaste for rifles that were sporting anything but polished bluing and wood PREFERABLY walnut...

So explain to me why I'm trying to figure out what ratio of Olive to Black I want to order from McMillan for the PARKERIZED Mauser I'm getting built???

And why do I keep shopping for "donor" actions when I know I have all the rifles I need to take anything I will get the opportunity to hunt?

And why is there a NIB Model 70 .257 Roberts in the safe for my 3 year old and why has it been there for 3 years now?

Think I've been reading this forum too damn long... whistle
You didn't bash the 270, praise the 7mm/08, claim the a 6X leupold to be the ideal scope, or tell anyone GFY in your post, there is hope for you still...
I'm not a doctor, but I am pretty sure you have become infected with a disease that has no know cure.... I think all of us here are infected though!
Originally Posted by LazyV
You didn't bash the 270, praise the 7mm/08, claim the a 6X leupold to be the ideal scope, or tell anyone GFY in your post, there is hope for you still...

I've got a 6x42 FX3 on my .270 now too...damn....GFY!!!
When I joined after the old Shooters site went under I only owned one deer rifle and the only varmint rifle was a 100 year old Marlin '94 in 25-20. Now there are rifles that won't fit into the two safes. The biggest worry now is making sure I've got the right ammo in hand when I take a rifle hunting. Felt kind of foolish that time calling a coyote and discovering that I had 250 Savage ammo for the 22-250 rifle I was carrying.
Originally Posted by LazyV

But all those things you listed need to be bashed, praised, recognized or done to oneself.
yeah. i did not know i needed a 257 roberts or that my .243 is worthless without a 9 twist or faster, or that no factory makes a rifle that's good enough as is.

now that sorta stuff bugs me and i have multiples of rifles and am way more picky than i ever was before.

not that it's a bad thing...
Originally Posted by The_Yetti
I'm not a doctor, but I am pretty sure you have become infected with a disease that has no know cure.... I think all of us here are infected though!

This place has a strange affect on you. I remember when I hated the 270 win. Now I have 2 of them blush. Well, I acutally just sold one of them, so I'm down to 1 now thank god. grin. I could have gone on thinking the 270 was gay and only having 1 bolt action to my name, but what fun is that??? Just sayin..
When I joined this forum I wanted to learn about long range hunting.

Shortly after joining a fella named Ingwe said something that pissed me off so I bought me a 270 to get even. I can't remember what he said but I'm sure it was mean.

Then a fella named Bobin refused for the longest time to admit that my 280 AI would defy the laws of physics and that was kinda pissing me off but Bobins a really hard fella not to like.

Plus Bobin likes the 270 so in a way he was helping me get even with Ingwe.

After awhile I figured out that Ingwe is actually a really cool guy so now one 270 is gone and I'm looking for a 7X57 to replace it. I want to be cool like Ingwe!

I'm currently stocking up on tikka rifles because 2 much gun and prairy goat don't like them and both them fellas pissed me off. If I remember correctly I got pissed when they both stated they like the Ruger American. The only bad part about the whole thing is eventually one of them fellas will start a thread I like and then I'll end up buying myself a Ruger.

Shod

Originally Posted by Shodd
When I joined this forum I wanted to learn about long range hunting.

Shortly after joining a fella named Ingwe said something that pissed me off so I bought me a 270 to get even. I can't remember what he said but I'm sure it was mean.

Then a fella named Bobin refused for the longest time to admit that my 280 AI would defy the laws of physics and that was kinda pissing me off but Bobins a really hard fella not to like.

Plus Bobin likes the 270 so in a way he was helping me get even with Ingwe.

After awhile I figured out that Ingwe is actually a really cool guy so now one 270 is gone and I'm looking for a 7X57 to replace it. I want to be cool like Ingwe!

I'm currently stocking up on tikka rifles because 2 much gun and prairy goat don't like them and both them fellas pissed me off. If I remember correctly I got pissed when they both stated they like the Ruger American. The only bad part about the whole thing is eventually one of them fellas will start a thread I like and then I'll end up buying myself a Ruger.

Shod

Glad to see nothing bothers you shodd.. grin

Glad to see nothing bothers you shodd.. grin [/quote]

I seem to get over it rather quickly though....so...I just may make it around here. laugh

I even talked to that fella Boxer one time. cry smile

Shod
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by The_Yetti

This place has a strange affect on you. I remember when I hated the 270 win. Now I have 2 of them blush. Well, I acutally just sold one of them, so I'm down to 1 now thank god. grin. I could have gone on thinking the 270 was gay and only having 1 bolt action to my name, but what fun is that??? Just sayin..
Have 3-.270's with another .270 (Winchester Featherweight) on order. Have no idea when it'll get here,as the distribtors are out of stock on the Featherweights.
Shod: Ingwe is a character and a very cool guy with great wit and impeccable taste. You should kisten to him and get a 7x57 haha!

I'd have jumped on the 280AI bandwagon long ago but knew in advance what would happen due to the siblings named "Case Capcity" and "Pressure". We can fool them some of the time but in the end they never li. (Grin)
Why do I get my news from the freakshow and haven't watched any cable news in awhile?

Will big stick/boxer ever give us the decoder for understanding anything he says?

My addiction to the classifides to buy, try and resell have my friends wondering what the hell is wrong with me?

Where is the BTE? My mornings on the schitter have never been the same!

GFY!

I prefer Remington rifles, .270 Winchesters, and I'll take a variable Leupold over a fixed 6. I haven't AI'd anything or ever bought a gun for a donor action. And I still run cup and core bullets almost exclusively and have never desired a Montucky or a fast twist .223 of any persuasion. I still prefer .22-250's to have a 1-14" twist. So I guess I haven't been too influenced. smile
Originally Posted by CowboyTim

So explain to me why I'm trying to figure out what ratio of Olive to Black I want to order from McMillan for the PARKERIZED Mauser I'm getting built???

Because you are a rifle slut.....not a loonie, a slut.

Full disclosure: I just ordered my first McMillan...a McFlame! laugh
( And I just got a new 'donor' to sit in the corner till I figure out what I'm gonna do.....)
Originally Posted by ingwe

You see! DAT was mean! grin

Shod

( And I just got a new 'donor' to sit in the corner till I figure out what I'm gonna do.....)
You need a fairly thick skin to hang around here. But it seems a good azz kickin sometimes stimulates the brain.

And can we make a sticky to translate what the hell the Stick is talking about? I'm always so confused...

Hint......
Originally Posted by Blacktailer
You need a fairly thick skin to hang around here. But it seems a good azz kickin sometimes stimulates the brain.

And can we make a sticky to translate what the hell the Stick is talking about? I'm always so confused...

Hint......

With stick there's only one thing you really need to know.

The vagisil will be showing up via mail! smile
I will agree I have bought a few guns that this place persuaded me to buy

No he's not! Have yet to see him at a rifle slut meeting! grin

Originally Posted by pseshooter300
I will agree I have bought a few guns that this place persuaded me to buy

Yep. Me too. I now have 2 Tikkers and a Winchester Featherweight in...

270!

I now have a Remington ADL 270, a Ruger 77 270, a Tikker 270 and a Winchester 70 FW 270. grin

More rifles in the house than most gun shops, but No 7x57s. Ingwe doesn't influence me at all. whistle

I'm ok with that...people called me a slut of some sort for years, it's not so bad...about that donor action, isn't it about time you got a .270 Winchester(for purely comparative purposes of course)...
Just sold my Ruger American in .30-06 and my tack-driving Ruger #1 in .280 Rem. Bought a Ruger All-Weather stainless/synthetic Hawkeye in... .280 Rem.

My MKII in .223 Rem is boxed and ready to send back to Ruger to have the 1:12 twist barrel replaced with a one having a 1-9 twist. The 1:12 twist is sooo 20th Century...

Now if I can just sell my Hawkeye .300WM with the 'African' stock so I can use the proceeds to buy a Ruger Gunsite Scout in .308 Win. The Scout will be way better for long range zombies than my AR in .300 Blackout, don't you know...

No cure for the disease...
When I joined this site i had 10 0r 12 bolt actions. 270win 270wsm 3006 3006 300win 22/250 220 264 204 2506.

I killed my deer yesterday with the only rifle to have my 2506 in my hands will kill all Idahos big game with the big boys if not better. It slay rock chu KS and coyotes at close to long range.

The 25 caliber is all anyone needs and is the only rifle I have even when I had the others I always gravity to the 257.

This site Madd me buy nothing.
Originally Posted by Evan
When I joined this site i had 10 0r 12 bolt actions. 270win 270wsm 3006 3006 300win 22/250 220 264 204 2506.

I killed my deer yesterday with the only rifle to have my 2506 in my hands will kill all Idahos big game with the big boys if not better. It slay rock chu KS and coyotes at close to long range.

The 25 caliber is all anyone needs and is the only rifle I have even when I had the others I always gravity to the 257.

This site Madd me buy nothing.

I agree. All you need is a good rifle and you can tailor your bullets to whatever you're hunting. No need for a gun collection. And with todays bullets it doesn't have to be a .30 caliber, and it doesn't need go say magnum.
Coyote you finally decided to part with the american I see?

I was just trying to figure out how old the Savage 99e was that I had just bought...

I had a severe distaste for rifles that were sporting anything but polished bluing and wood PREFERABLY walnut...

And why do I keep shopping for "donor" actions when I know I have all the rifles I need to take anything I will get the opportunity to hunt?

And why is there a NIB Model 70 .257 Roberts in the safe for my 3 year old and why has it been there for 3 years now?

well, at least you haven't yet bought a 7x57 grin
Originally Posted by pseshooter300
Coyote you finally decided to part with the american I see?

Yup. Got tired of fooling with it and am putting the money to better use.

It was short throated compared to my three other .30-06's, all of which can run the same handloads. Had the chamber in one of the three reamed to match the other two. didn't want to spend the money on the American to have it reamed to match, couldn't get it to shoot as well as I wanted and definitely didn't want to build special ammo for it.
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

AND...he recommended that I buy a .270...

He's still got a loooooooong way to go.....
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

AND...he recommended that I buy a .270...

He's still got a loooooooong way to go.....

Sooner or later I'm gonna buy a small ring 7x57...for purely scientific purposes of course...

I was just trying to figure out how old the Savage 99e was that I had just bought...:

This got me 2006.....$1,000s and $1,000s of dollars later here I am!!!!
Greetings CowboyTim,

I am sorry to her of your infection. I too innocently visited this site seeking advice on my first build. Until then I had been happy with one 3006 for 30 odd years. Then I got infected. grin

The process is insidious. First you get practical useful council on your build, which you mostly follow. The rifle turns out to be one of those holes touching rifles. You are happy.

Then you start to think that you might need one more rifle for that gap between 3006 and 22rimfire - and so it begins. Last year I plugged that gaping hole in my cabinet between .338 and .416... And now I'm toying with that gap between .308 and .264.

I wish you well, I hear there are therapy groups... wink
© 24hourcampfire