Home
Posted By: FVA Kimber Montana in 275 Roberts - 10/21/14
Thinking about grabbing one of these. Any experienced users thoughts would be appreciated.
Particularly as magazine/cartridge fit and accuracy.
Thanks in advance.

257 Roberts? I have one that I love.
I just load to factory COL with the 257 Rbts. I have several in that cartridge and don't want to load different lengths for different rifles. Here's the first 3-shot 100 Yd group with 75 Gr. VMax. Rifle was straight out of the box. 80 Gr. TTSX shoots to same POI.

[Linked Image]
I have one, no complaints... Shoots 100 grain partitions really well.
Got one that is showing promise. Loaded up 50 rounds with H4831 and 100gr TTSX as thats what I had on hand. Prints right at 1" with just loading to factory length and a powder charged picked from the Nosler book.
I have one that consistently shoots factory Winchester 117 gr power-points very well. It wears a 2-7x Leupold VX II that points/balances well for me. I am planning on trying some 115 gr partitions when I get a chance.
Posted By: FVA Re: Kimber Montana in 275 Roberts - 10/21/14
Originally Posted by 257heaven
I just load to factory COL with the 257 Rbts. I have several in that cartridge and don't want to load different lengths for different rifles. Here's the first 3-shot 100 Yd group with 75 Gr. VMax. Rifle was straight out of the box. 80 Gr. TTSX shoots to same POI.

[Linked Image]

Nice!
I'd smile with that performance.
Posted By: FVA Re: Kimber Montana in 275 Roberts - 10/21/14
You guys seem to get along with them OK.
I've heard then 260 is finicky in the Montana.
Glad to see the 257 R doesn't seem to follow suit.
Originally Posted by FVA
Originally Posted by 257heaven

[Linked Image]

Nice!
I'd smile with that performance.

Shot a 3-shot .2" group and quit there. Haven't shot for groups since.....just one shot every season to check zero.

I was definitely smiling.
Kimber select classic roberts, 100 grain bullets 46.5 grains of H4350, SMOA results, great rifle.
© 24hourcampfire