Home
Posted By: jackmountain Kimber Warranty question - 10/21/14
Not going into issues with my gun, but Is Kimber's warranty voided if you glass bed the rifle? I'm sending back a gun and I spoke to a CS agent, I believe Shaula? who told me it was a possibility that the warranty is void if I glass bedded the rifle. She wasn't sure and told me to send it and they would let me know after looking at the issues. She said even if they refused to fix it under warranty that they would pay shipping both ways, and also, turn around time was 6-8 weeks on rifles right now.

Any one have any experience sending one back? I sent a 22lr, a K22 HS model back that was shooting 5-9" groups at 50 yds and they sent it back 2 weeks later with an invoice that said rebarreled due to poor accuracy with no charge. It shot 1/2" with damn near anything I fed it after I got it back also.

I can't believe bedding would void the warranty. Hopefully it goes well and they make it right.
Posted By: TOPCATHR Re: Kimber Warranty question - 10/22/14
I would think that if it were sent back for accuracy problems they might blame the bedding, but if it were for any mechanical problem like ejecting or feeding it would have nothing to do with the bedding. I think 6-8 weeks is too long for service..........
Posted By: ingwe Re: Kimber Warranty question - 10/22/14
I love Kimber Warranty Stories. Theres so many to choose from....
© 24hourcampfire