Home
I just ordered a nice pepper laminate stock for my Ruger American 22 mag. just wondering if anyone has done a centerfire yet. They are making stocks to fit the Regular American and the Predator. Nice way to spruce up a great value.
i look a few times a week for one to replace my Predator stock, but i have not found one yet,i hope to, before i decide to paint it.
Looks like the RAR is a runaway success. Good news for those that like to tart their rifles up with aftermarket accessories.

I hope they chamber the Compact in 6.5 Creedmore, the ultimate pig / truck combo.
I hope someone posts a pic on here soon
I bought a stock from boyds to put on a Yugo mauser a few years ago.IMHO,it was nice.
heres a picture from the website

[Linked Image]
I bought one but haven't had time to install it yet. The Inletting does not clear the adjustment screw on the trigger, but other than that, the fit and quality are decent. They also are not kidding that the v-block pieces really need to be bed into place. I will install it next week and post pictures if nobody else beats me to the punch.
Looking forwrd to seeing the results. I have 4 Boyds stocks. Quality is consistant and I'm thinking this stock should rock.
What did they do to address the trigger gaurd
I'll bet a 40 ounce stock on the RAR is sweet...
Originally Posted by tedthorn

It comes with an ADL style trigger guard - it looks like machined plastic. Black.
Originally Posted by whitebread
Originally Posted by tedthorn

It comes with an ADL style trigger guard - it looks like machined plastic. Black.

60 to 80 inch lbs should be rough on that
I dont have the rifle (predator 6.5 cred) yet but have already ordered the stock and a steel ADL guard to run with it.

I like the boyds but cannot believe they charge an extra $10 to not finish the stock. I plan on taking off quite a bit to slim it up. I have dropped most of them to about 26-28 ounces.
Want to see it when its done for sure
I'd like to see a tutorial on the Boyds slimming project.
Originally Posted by varmintsinc
I dont have the rifle (predator 6.5 cred) yet but have already ordered the stock and a steel ADL guard to run with it.

I like the boyds but cannot believe they charge an extra $10 to not finish the stock. I plan on taking off quite a bit to slim it up. I have dropped most of them to about 26-28 ounces.

Does the ADL trigger guard fit?
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
I'd like to see a tutorial on the Boyds slimming project.

+1
Found some pics here...

Royds Plywood
I will say it looks good
Laminated stocks suck balls.....
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'll bet a 40 ounce stock on the RAR is sweet...

I put one on my 700...that's what it weighed., 40 oz!! Wouldn't do it again. Thru the balance off to much.
Not a big fan of plywood myself, unless its the only option over milk-jug plastic.

I asked a well know stock maker about plywood and stability. He told me that its no more stable than a well dried piece of walnut and still moves (at least Rutland). He uses both materials for his stocks. Not what I wanted to hear hunting and shooting in the coastal rainforest.
I tried to install mine and the action screws provided are the wrong thread pitch. frown
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Laminated stocks suck balls.....
Not as bad as the flimsy factory stock by Fisher Price.
Originally Posted by 4th_point
I asked a well know stock maker about plywood and stability. He told me that its no more stable than a well dried piece of walnut and still moves (at least Rutland). He uses both materials for his stocks. Not what I wanted to hear hunting and shooting in the coastal rainforest.
Methinks your well known stockmaker prefers to work with/sell high grade walnut stocks. Yes, inadequately sealed laminates will still absorb/expell moisture and therefore will still shrink/swell, just as inadequately sealed walnut will do, but the laminate is much less prone to warpage.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Methinks your well known stockmaker prefers to work with/sell high grade walnut stocks.

He makes them out of whatever wood the customer chooses and doesn't steer one way or the other. You can send your own blank.

When I contacted him about a plywood stock, I had assumed that the material would be stable in a wet environment. He wasn't trying to sell me walnut, he was being honest about plywood not being as stable as I'd hoped.
© 24hourcampfire