Home
Posted By: 6MMWASP Kimber 84L Montana 280 Ackley - 11/25/14
Any Montana 280 AI owners out there?

Can you tell me how you like them? I'm looking at one instead of building on a stainless 700.

Thanks
I love mine. And no need to build one on a 700 with Kimber offering them. I got mine locally, but gunbroker has a few of them available now.
I love mine too.

And I don't think you can beat the deal that's on Gunbroker right now:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=455009109

BTW . . . I am not a party to the auction, and don't know the seller.
bearstocker or WhelanAway, mind sharing the load you use and what kind of accuracy you are getting?

THX
They SUCK

Or at least this cow thought so a few weeks ago
[Linked Image]

Mine isn't fussy with anything really put through it. Many loads doing .5-.75 (yes only three shot groups). Worse it's done is 1 1/2" but most under an inch.

Does just as well with factory .280 Rem loads as well.

[Linked Image]
Hey, congrats on your winter meat supply.
Can you guys tell us how the kick is in that lightweight 280 AI is? Thanks.
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
bearstocker or WhelanAway, mind sharing the load you use and what kind of accuracy you are getting?

THX

I haven't gotten too far in load development, but the Nosler Trophy Grade 140gr Accubond shot just under an inch (3 shots) for me right out of the box, at about 3150fps.

I loaded up some 120NBT and RL19. 61gr gave almost 3200fps and about 3/4" groups.

I haven't gotten back to it, but I bet I can find a load that will nudge 1/2".
Originally Posted by NJelksmacker
Can you guys tell us how the kick is in that lightweight 280 AI is? Thanks.

The Montana stock is known for handling recoil really well.

IMO, the 280AI isn't difficult to manage in the Montana. It is very shootable.
What kind of mounts are you guys using?
Talley Lightweights
Posted By: sns2 Re: Kimber 84L Montana 280 Ackley - 11/26/14
I have a Montana in 300wsm and it amazes me how mild the recoil is.
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP

THX

I haven't gotten too far in load development, but the Nosler Trophy Grade 140gr Accubond shot just under an inch (3 shots) for me right out of the box, at about 3150fps.

I loaded up some 120NBT and RL19. 61gr gave almost 3200fps and about 3/4" groups.

I haven't gotten back to it, but I bet I can find a load that will nudge 1/2".

Thanks Whelen
Mine likes 140 grain TTSX with Re 22 and the 140 grain Nosler BT with IMR4831 for mild weather antelope. H4831 gets the nod for colder events. All are at or near Nosler book max loads. The IMR 4831 load was the first time were I had to stop below max with this powder. My current lot may a bit faster than past lots.
© 24hourcampfire