Home
Posted By: hillbillybear New Tikkas - 12/13/14
Looks like Eurooptic is handling some new model variations of the T3.

I see a few I would like to try.

http://www.eurooptic.com/tikka-t3-hunter-stainless-fluted.aspx

http://www.eurooptic.com/tikka-t3-lite-adjustable-rifles.aspx

http://www.eurooptic.com/tikka-t3-lite-threaded.aspx

Posted By: Calvin Re: New Tikkas - 12/13/14
$950 for a wood stocked 1-10 7lb 243 Tikka.
Posted By: shortactionsmoker Re: New Tikkas - 12/13/14
Those are part of the Sako Select program for 2015. They won't be available for a while.

Those prices are HIGH.
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: New Tikkas - 12/13/14
Buy a new stainless for $560 send it ti kampfeld flute it another $200 then go sell and Carlson route or jump into a manners!
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: New Tikkas - 12/13/14
Or buy a Sportsman's Warehouse T3 Super-Lite for $699.99 and shoot it as is.
Posted By: pigster Re: New Tikkas - 12/13/14
Originally Posted by JerradPelzer
Buy a new stainless for $560 send it ti kampfeld flute it another $200 then go sell and Carlson route or jump into a manners!

Where do you buy a new stainless for $560?
Posted By: J_Scott Re: New Tikkas - 12/13/14
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

I took this route last Saturday in .308.
Posted By: Rolly Re: New Tikkas - 12/13/14
I have been looking for a stainless one in 300 WSM and can't find one around anyplace.
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: New Tikkas - 12/13/14
Originally Posted by Rolly
I have been looking for a stainless one in 300 WSM and can't find one around anyplace.

I can get you one pm if your interested

Originally Posted by pigster

Where do you buy a new stainless for $560?

Wholesale
Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: New Tikkas - 12/13/14
A 260 would be nice but seems kind of high
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: New Tikkas - 12/13/14
Originally Posted by J_Scott

Good choice. If I didn't have a Montana .308, that's the route I'd take. Although I do have both a Montana .223 and a T3 Super-Lite .223.. wink
Posted By: bcraig Re: New Tikkas - 12/13/14

Sounds Rational to me !
Posted By: Bagger Re: New Tikkas - 12/13/14
Recently bought a T3 Hunter from Cove Creek Outfitters online. First saw a listing on gunbroker. Called them up and negotiated a price better than originally posted on gunbroker. This was for a new T3 Hunter in 260 Remington. $630.00 out the door with shipping. Good 1st time experience. Faxed over FFL info and received the gun three days later. Appears as if they may have the 300 WSM someone mentioned earlier. Call though, because they will negotiate. See this link. http://www.covecreekoutfitters.com/gun-room/tikka-t3-lite-stainless-300-wsm-jrtb341-w-rings
Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: New Tikkas - 12/13/14
How does that 260 shoot
Posted By: Bagger Re: New Tikkas - 12/13/14
1st batch of factory rounds shot 1 1/2 @ 100 (Federal 120 Gr Nosler ballistic tips). Was consistent out to 400 yards with groups of 3 @ 6". Next batch of factory was right at an inch @ 100 (Barnes 120 gr TTSX). I will be into handloads for myself in the next couple of months. Have a friend who worked up some rounds using a 125 Nosler partion with H4831 SC that shot .75 @ 100. Next batch will be trying same round with RL 19. All rounds using new 260 Rem Lapua brass. I will keep you posted. Very pleased with the rifle. Feels good in the hands and have already put 3 Deer on the ground. All 3 were DRT. No tracking required.
Posted By: J_Scott Re: New Tikkas - 12/14/14

Good choice. If I didn't have a Montana .308, that's the route I'd take. Although I do have both a Montana .223 and a T3 Super-Lite .223.. wink

Hmmm. I have Montana's in .308 and .223. Looks like I need a T3 SL in .223 and you one in .308. Just saying. smile
Posted By: Take_a_knee Re: New Tikkas - 12/14/14
NOBODY who owns a Tikka Superlite in 223 and 308 really needs anything else except maybe a couple of good AR's, and they sure as hell don't need anything from Kimber USA.
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: New Tikkas - 12/14/14
I would really like to try one of the 9.3x62 though I am a loss as to why they use a stock with an adjustable cheek piece on it.
Posted By: SlimShady Re: New Tikkas - 12/14/14
GreatWaputi, which 223 shoots better head to head...montana or tikka? If you had to give one up, which would it be? Just curious.
Posted By: 1Nut Re: New Tikkas - 12/14/14
My T3 Hunter in 260 shoots quite well.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: New Tikkas - 12/14/14
New models look nice but priced high. I'll stick with the Sportsmans Warehouse models for now.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: New Tikkas - 12/14/14
Originally Posted by SlimShady
GreatWaputi, which 223 shoots better head to head...montana or tikka? If you had to give one up, which would it be? Just curious.

The Tikka is less picky, but the Montana is no slouch with loads it likes. If I were drawing up a lightweight .223 from scratch on paper, it'd have everything the Montana offers other than it'd be 1/8", so it's hands down the one I'd keep.
Posted By: StudDuck Re: New Tikkas - 12/15/14
Originally Posted by 1Deernut
My T3 Hunter in 260 shoots quite well.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I like the stock; what is it?
Posted By: 16bore Re: New Tikkas - 12/15/14
If Sportman's warehouse had a brain, they'd beg for a 1:8 260 SuperLite.
Posted By: alaska_lanche Re: New Tikkas - 12/15/14
Originally Posted by 16bore

I would certainly pick one up!
Posted By: shortactionsmoker Re: New Tikkas - 12/15/14
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche

I would certainly pick one up!

Grab some T3 Lite synthetic take off stocks...

The stainless fluted T3 Hunter is available in 260 (8" twist) for 2015. It's part of the Sako Select program. I ordered a bunch. We'll have them on the shelf for $769 -- that's why I said those prices were high earlier in the thread. Sell your wood take off at a decent price and you'll have your SuperLite 260....
Damnation...

An edge filled Sako Compact would be interesting.
Posted By: shortactionsmoker Re: New Tikkas - 12/15/14
They're doing a 6.5x55 in the same set up...
That's for the LA only haters. 260AI would be a heck of a sleeper, fun to spend others money.

Posted By: add Re: New Tikkas - 12/15/14
Tag
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: New Tikkas - 12/15/14
SAS,
Are those full stainless or blue with stainless barrels?
Thanks!
Posted By: 1Nut Re: New Tikkas - 12/15/14
Originally Posted by StudDuck

I like the stock; what is it?

I bedded it in the take-off from my T3 lite (which I re-stocked in a B&C Medalists). Sanded down the Euro chit and gave it a back-yard, Krylon job.
Posted By: 16bore Re: New Tikkas - 12/16/14
20 minutes with a soldering iron will make the eurochit checkering grippy as hell. Those stocks stipple as well as STI or Glock frames.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 16bore Re: New Tikkas - 12/19/14
Maybe not quite this color, but tempting...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: New Tikkas - 12/19/14
How hard is it to do that nice of a job on the "checkering". I hate how slippy mine is under the ejection port. I hand carry my rifle most times and you have to really hang on to it. I tried the hand skins and did not like them. No problem they peeled off anyway.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: New Tikkas - 12/19/14
Tag
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: New Tikkas - 12/19/14
Tag +1. Almost think I would rather see a 6.5 Creedmore than a .260, but hey.....
Posted By: Petro Re: New Tikkas - 12/19/14
Maybe not quite this color, but tempting...
[Linked Image]

i'm sure that's a stock photo, but on the off chance it's not can you give me the color combination?
Stippling is easy peasy. Take a soldering tip, chuck it in a drill and grind it round. You want shallow "craters", not deep. Pointed tip goes in too deep and will essentially perforate your stock. If you want smaller diameter craters, reduce the diameter of the tip. Key is round. Then once your iron is to temp, just lightly push the tip into the stock. You'll see the edges of the crater melt upward. The deeper you push, the more aggressive the grip will be. Start shallow with your first one and work deeper until it looks how you want. You want keep them pretty close and those edges will make quite a grip. When I did mine I found the material in the Tikka stocks reacted very similar to the material in STI grip subframes.

In cheap rubbery plastic stocks it seems the edges of the craters somewhat "melt-over" and they are not as sharp.

You can practice on the inside of the barrel channel where it'll be hidden from view once you reassemble. Just don't monkey around where lug is or barrel sits.

It goes pretty quick. Took about 20 minutes and a cup of coffee to do the one you see. I just hit the existing "panels". I imagine a fella could get pretty creative if he wanted.

You won't find a better grip

@Petro- stock photo. Just occurred to me that a fella with a pile of Tikkas could play stock swap all he wanted since the inlet is the same for all calibers. Can't say that's a bad deal.

Originally Posted by Akbob5
Tag +1. Almost think I would rather see a 6.5 Creedmore than a .260, but hey.....

Why? I thought one of the reasons behind the Creed was to fully utilize the SA length. Since Tikkas are on long actions, 260 should be fine. 6.5x06 might be finer.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: New Tikkas - 12/19/14
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Those are part of the Sako Select program for 2015. They won't be available for a while.

Those prices are HIGH.

True, and true. Earliest available delivery date was Sep 1, 2015.
Posted By: turkish Re: New Tikkas - 12/19/14

Grab some T3 Lite synthetic take off stocks...

The stainless fluted T3 Hunter is available in 260 (8" twist) for 2015. It's part of the Sako Select program. I ordered a bunch. We'll have them on the shelf for $769 -- that's why I said those prices were high earlier in the thread. Sell your wood take off at a decent price and you'll have your SuperLite 260....

Any idea when these will hit the shelves?
Posted By: shortactionsmoker Re: New Tikkas - 12/19/14
Sometime in September. I'll keep everybody here posted.

We'll have some good stuff for the 24hr guys as soon as Rick and I get things straightened out. I'll probably have a link somewhere on the forum.
Posted By: turkish Re: New Tikkas - 12/19/14
I may have to trip the 260 Hunter before then, in that case.
Posted By: taz4570 Re: New Tikkas - 12/19/14
Instead of using a branding iron, I just sprayed a base coat of that rough, grippy Rustoleum on the entire stock of my 25-06 and 223 (which is 1-8"). Cover partially or completely with finish colors. I just left mine in the tan grippy color. Make sure you tape the action and barrel channel.

Great for the eastern and high plains of CO, WY, NM. Not that PDs and antelope could pick out a black stock in the grass! But it makes me think I'm invisible, at least the stock is.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: New Tikkas - 12/19/14

We'll have some good stuff for the 24hr guys as soon as Rick and I get things straightened out. I'll probably have a link somewhere on the forum.

Group buy??????? smile

I need a righty for dad! (260 Rem)
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: New Tikkas - 12/20/14

Put me on the list!!
Posted By: kudu3 Re: New Tikkas - 12/20/14
Anything new for lefties? I missed out on the small run of left 9.3x62. Any more coming? Any interesting new calibers for lefties?

Thanks,

Dean
Posted By: Otter6 Re: New Tikkas - 12/20/14

Ditto!
Posted By: Seven_Heaven Re: New Tikkas - 12/20/14

Put me on the list!!

Me too! I NEED another 260!
Posted By: shortactionsmoker Re: New Tikkas - 12/20/14
I only ordered 20 of the 260's...I think I went a little light!

I'm working with them now to up the order. This thread opened my eyes and gave me some ideas.

I need to share more stuff that's coming out and let you guys influence my buying too. I'll get things squared away with Rick soon and have some stuff on here. It's going to be a good thing for all of us....
Posted By: Double_D Re: New Tikkas - 12/20/14
Put my name on one of the 260
Posted By: 16bore Re: New Tikkas - 12/20/14
I'd be willing to bet that 1:8 260 T-3SL's will go the way of 7-08 Ti's and 7WSM Montana's. A fella with a pile of those Sako Compacts would probably stay busy since one size fits all.

You know, because of the downside of one action length..... wink
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: New Tikkas - 12/20/14
I only ordered 20 of the 260's...I think I went a little light!

I'm working with them now to up the order. This thread opened my eyes and gave me some ideas.

I need to share more stuff that's coming out and let you guys influence my buying too. I'll get things squared away with Rick soon and have some stuff on here. It's going to be a good thing for all of us....

How accurate do you think the expected delivery date will be?

Just curious on your thoughts.
Posted By: Shodd Re: New Tikkas - 12/20/14
I'll take one of those 260s also.

Shod
Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: New Tikkas - 12/20/14
What are you going to sell the 260 for?
Posted By: GeorgiaBoy Re: New Tikkas - 12/20/14
Not trying to post a negative. Just asking. Any issues with the plastic trigger guard and plastic magazine?

And, is Tikka still using the "post" (for lack of a better term) as the recoil lug?
Posted By: 1Nut Re: New Tikkas - 12/20/14
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Not trying to post a negative. Just asking. Any issues with the plastic trigger guard and plastic magazine?

And, is Tikka still using the "post" (for lack of a better term) as the recoil lug?

I've hunted the living crap out of two Tikkas. No issues with either in temps from 80F to -10F with wind chill -25F, rain, sleet and snow. They've been banged on rocks, stuck in mud and banged against trees. The recoil lug is a non-issue. These rifles just work, and are as accurate as anything I have owned, including customs. Also, not picky about ammo. I think they are butt ugly in wood or synthetic, but that can be fixed.
Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: New Tikkas - 12/20/14
I have one a 7mm-08 I have got to shoot it some and so far I like it. I sure hope to get some more down the road
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: New Tikkas - 12/20/14
sas,

Get us some Tikka T3 Superlites available in 8 twist 223 and 260, via mail order. Please.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: New Tikkas - 12/20/14

I took mine outside once and it crumbled in my hands. Avoid Tikka and Glock like the plague!
Posted By: GeorgiaBoy Re: New Tikkas - 12/20/14

I took mine outside once and it crumbled in my hands. Avoid Tikka and Glock like the plague!

Torque the action screws too much?
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: New Tikkas - 12/21/14
It seems to be a variety of tikkas showing up just seen a Forest model in 222 at one of my whole sellers And a stainless CTR 260
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: New Tikkas - 12/21/14
If I didn't have a Sako 85 in 260 and this new Krieger barrel coming to make it shoot even tighter....

At least it's already in a Mcedge
Posted By: turkish Re: New Tikkas - 12/21/14
Also interested in the 260 SS. Would love to be ob a list if there is one.
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: New Tikkas - 12/22/14
Get a wood stocked fluted barrel 7-08. Thats what I'm waiting for
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: New Tikkas - 12/23/14
I bought T3 hunter models. 8" twist 223 LH and 8" twist 260 LH. Both are really good shooters.
Posted By: 1Nut Re: New Tikkas - 12/23/14
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I bought T3 hunter models. 8" twist 223 LH and 8" twist 260 LH. Both are really good shooters.

My T3 260 is a one-holer. I'm going to get it Cerekoted over the winter. Hunted it this year as it was. Dandy little rifle to shoot and carry and I've never spent less time or money to get the kind of accuracy this rifle delivers.

My T3 260 is a one-holer. I'm going to get it Cerekoted over the winter. Hunted it this year as it was. Dandy little rifle to shoot and carry and I've never spent less time or money to get the kind of accuracy this rifle delivers.

Thinking of having mine cerakoted as well. Are you going to stay with the wood stock or will you go synthetic?
Posted By: 1Nut Re: New Tikkas - 12/23/14

Thinking of having mine cerakoted as well. Are you going to stay with the wood stock or will you go synthetic?

I bedded it in the take-off from my T3Lite (which I bedded in a B&C). Sanded off the Euro-look and gave it a rattle-can job in the back yard.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Looks nice. Thanks.
Posted By: 1Nut Re: New Tikkas - 12/24/14
Might re-paint for next year. That is one thing about these Tupperware stocks. If your tired of the look, a new paint job is some sand paper and a rattle can away.
© 24hourcampfire