Home
I assume there must be a better mousetrap than a bent Q-tip? Recommendations?
A large bore mop...Think .45 cal.
Works for me.
Yep, and some of whatever kind of solvent you're stuffing down the bore.
Sinclair has a nice lug cleaning setup too. It's like $30. I'll try to find it and post a link.
Here ya go:

http://www.sinclairintl.com/gun-cle...-action-cleaning-tool-kit-prod35492.aspx

That looks like a handy tool.
I use a 30 cal brush on a pistol rod. I wrap a large size patch around it. It fits quite well in anything from a 223 on up.when the patch is dirty I toss it and grab a new one.
.410 mop on a pistol rod
Originally Posted by slm9s

Otis 8" cleaning cable.

Screw onto the cleaning cable a bronze brush that loosely fits in the chamber.

wrap a patch of OOOO steel wool around the bronze brush so that the fit in the chamber is snug.

Chuck the free end of the Otis cleaning cable to a portable drill motor.

Giddy up.

By using a flexible cable, the tool described above can not only clean and polish rear access chambers i.e. bolt actions and break open single loaders but autoloaders and pumps as well.

I use a 45 caliber bore mop or a real chamber mop. I haven't been able to find the real chamber mops lately so I bought a couple of the 45 caliber bore mops and they work fine. I squirt brake cleaner on them and spin them in the chamber a few times. The chamber needs to be bone dry so that's why the brake cleaner.
brake cleaner followed by a shotgun swab.
Pistol rod and appropriate size jag and patch, maybe a brush.

Chamber is just another hole, (usually) somewhat larger than the bore.

Now the throat or leade is something else again, and under some circumstances may need special attention, due to accumulation of fouling, carbon or metal.

Paul
Originally Posted by slm9s

Loop jag and piece of Tshirt doused with hoppes 9 or if you have it KG1

Piece or terry cloth towel and a jag on a short rod with some rustpruef or hoppes...spray it first with a bit of Howes if it looks dirty.
© 24hourcampfire