Home
Sako 85 carbon Light ....

brand new announced on the new website today.

What do U think ?

http://www.sako.fi/rifles/sako-85/85-carbonlight#overview
Rate of twist of the .22-250 and .243 are too slow.

5# is LIGHT!
Hmmm 2.3 Kilograms 5.07 lbs all the specs are metric will this even be available here
Still can't get the twist right on a .22-250 either
Like it in .308.

11" sounds good to me.

They should have offered a muzzle thread, though.
I like it! One of those in .308 would be welcome on a future backpack hunt for mountain caribou...
Do you get them easily in the US or Canada ?

We use to have 6-12 monthes delivery time here :? Gives more time to have the money smile
Don't Sako 85s have issues with ejecting brass into scopes?
Never heared that. I had a 75 borrowed for hunting this year and ejection was just OK.
That stock should be a GOOD one! I'll take one in .308.
Wow...so much for building a lightweight .260
Guess I'll have a short action 700 for sale soon to help fund this.
I think Gre-Tan has a spring replacement to remedy any ejector problems.
How much?
Originally Posted by Poconojack
How much?

Wondering that also. As others have said.....22-250 and 243 are out due to twist. 260 would be awesome.....depending on price.
I think the ejection problem is with the longer action cartridges; 270, 30-06, etc.
It's not as attractive now
http://www.sportsmans-depot.com/products/SAKO-85-CARBONLIGHT-SS-7MM%252d08-20.25-SAKO-JRSCF52.html
Almost $2600.00
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

Yea.....that's a leetle too high for what it is. Several other options out there for less money.

Never fired such a small round as the .308. How is the recoil ? In a 5lbs rifle ?
Montana is about 6 lbs scoped and it's not bad at all. The Sako with mounts and scope would be about the same.
I handled the rifle yesterday at SHOT. I spoke with the guy who designed the stock and the rifle is his baby with the company. It feels nice in hand...I'll give it a second go today.
Originally Posted by joelkdouglas
Don't Sako 85s have issues with ejecting brass into scopes?

Seems I recall that was only with certain calibers...Mag or Short Mag, maybe?
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I handled the rifle yesterday at SHOT. I spoke with the guy who designed the stock and the rifle is his baby with the company. It feels nice in hand...I'll give it a second go today.

But for $2600???????????
Originally Posted by Gansettx
Wow...so much for building a lightweight .260
Guess I'll have a short action 700 for sale soon to help fund this.
I think Gre-Tan has a spring replacement to remedy any ejector problems.

I recant my previous statement...
~$1600 for a carbon fiber stock...
I'll continue on my path of a custom and have the story to tell about the build and the friends I will meet.
If it's $1600 that would be a nice rifle, but I heard it was going to be around $2200 from my buddy that works for beretta USA.....I'm the biggest Sako fan out here.....I ain't paying $2200 for any factory rifle. I would consider a 75 dropped into a McBros or Manners and come in less than the $2200 figured...much less. Let's see how it goes for Sako.
Pretty cool but that is one expensive stock. It appears that it is just a finnlight dropped into the new stock.
Just because it's on the sako.fi web site does not mean that we'll ever see it reach the shores of the USA. Then again, stranger things have happened . . . .
Originally Posted by grand_veneur
Sako 85 carbon Light ....

What do U think ?

http://www.sako.fi/rifles/sako-85/85-carbonlight#overview

I think for around $1500 less the Tikka T3 super lite will do anything you want and only weighs .7 ozs more.

Shod
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Montana is about 6 lbs scoped and it's not bad at all. The Sako with mounts and scope would be about the same.

And the kimber has 2 more inches of barrel.
I see that the 338 federal is no longer offered in Sako rifles.
So my buddy is back from Vegas. It's a finnlight dropped into a carbon fiber stock. Dealer cost is $2200 and they are importing 200 I tot he states. This is one expensive factory rifle. I'm a huge fan of Sako rifles, but $2500++ for a finnlight in a carbon stock....not for me. I'll take finnlight with normal stock and drop in a mcmillan or manners. Your call...its your money....
Anyone know what a Finnlight in an edge would weigh?
© 24hourcampfire