Home
Posted By: kend KS range report - 01/29/15
I posted this new to me KS .270 a short time ago and made it to the range this morning. 130 TTSX over 53gr IMR4350 at 100 yards.
I can't remember if this is three or four rounds. Seems like I would have stopped at three!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: cal74 Re: KS range report - 01/29/15
Too bad it's a .270, doesn't matter how accurate it is as you know the bullets are just going to bounce off.
Posted By: StudDuck Re: KS range report - 01/29/15
Nice!
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: KS range report - 01/29/15
Very nice & pretty typical of what I've seen out of several KS's I've been exposed to.........I think you have a keeper.

MM
Posted By: StudDuck Re: KS range report - 01/29/15
Oh by the way kend, when my wife finds you, she's gonna kick your tail.

Thanks to your original thread, I fell in love with the KS 700's and guess what will be on the big brown truck shortly.

It's a 300Win Mag; I needed a magnum rifle like I need a hole in the head, but oh well. I really hope to find one in 270.

I hope mine shoots as well as yours does.
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: KS range report - 01/30/15
Congrats! Now we know it shoots as good as it looks:) The KS really might be the perfect blueprint & maybe one of the best factory rifes you could ask for.
Posted By: kend Re: KS range report - 01/30/15
Originally Posted by StudDuck
Oh by the way kend, when my wife finds you, she's gonna kick your tail.

Thanks to your original thread, I fell in love with the KS 700's and guess what will be on the big brown truck shortly.

It's a 300Win Mag; I needed a magnum rifle like I need a hole in the head, but oh well. I really hope to find one in 270.

I hope mine shoots as well as yours does.

I'm too old to shoot a lightweight 300 win mag! I have a KS 7mm rem mag too that is scary accurate, but I had a miserable time getting it to shoot. The TSX bullet finally made it work. I shot that same load in the .270 today with some AB's and they spread to almost a couple inches. Tell your wife that I said she married a very intelligent guy.
Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: KS range report - 01/30/15
Nice I like it what is the leupold?
Posted By: kend Re: KS range report - 01/30/15
Vari-X-III 4.5-14 AO fine duplex
Posted By: deerhunter5555 Re: KS range report - 01/30/15
Ken, you missed the bullseye entirely. Box it up and ship it to Ohio for disposal. Lol
Posted By: SKane Re: KS range report - 01/30/15
Ken,
That's fantastic! Great buy AND a great shooter.
Posted By: mmgravy Re: KS range report - 01/30/15
3 or 4 shots in that group, who cares, the rifle is a great shooter to say the least!!
Posted By: JGRaider Re: KS range report - 01/30/15
It shoots as good as it looks, and it looks fantastic!
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: KS range report - 02/01/15
Happy to hear all is working out.

Yep, still a nice rifle.
Posted By: BobinNH Re: KS range report - 02/01/15
Those KS rifles sure do shoot! That looks like a Brown Precision-stocked model. Early one?

You see them now and then here....think I recall seeing a left hand version yesterday. Nice rifles.
© 24hourcampfire