Home
Hydrodipped my Tikka T3 Lite with the Kuiu Vias camo pattern. I really like the results. I used www.reaperprecision.com for the work.

Anyone else dipping their rifles?

Attached picture Vias2.jpg
That turned out nice. I have several on their way to my local place. Going with Kryptek highlander
<sniff> <sniff>

I smell self-promotion. A small Fort Collins based company no one has ever heard of being promoted, with a link, by a poster out of Fort Collins?

Coincidence, I'm sure {sarcasm font needed}.
4ager, I went local to save on shipping. So, I don't have a dog in the fight. My second choice was www.hydro-dip.com. Read into it what you want.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Drake02
4ager, I went local to save on shipping. So, I don't have a dog in the fight. My second choice was www.hydro-dip.com. Read into it what you want.

Originally Posted by 4ager
<sniff> <sniff>

I smell self-promotion. A small Fort Collins based company no one has ever heard of being promoted, with a link, by a poster out of Fort Collins?

Feel better now, super sleuth?
Hehe
I did one once and it was a total disaster. It wasn't the product but the application. I picked it from their pattern list and they used a different base color than the one pictured. I called to complain about it and the guy I had been dealing with had just quit. I got a refund but had to go the CC dispute route.

Avoid this place: thedipmaster.com
Originally Posted by 4ager
<sniff> <sniff>

You, Sir, are suspicious. There's no state given in his location - it could be a "Fort Collins" anywhere.

Why, there's 27 different towns named "Fort Collins" in Ohio alone.
Is there some practical purpose for dipping, or is it just a bling-thing? laugh
Bling
Depends on how badly you hate ugly, black tupperware stocks.

I dipped a Howa once, Bell & Carlson's Mossy Oak. Liked the look of the stock afterwards. Liked the looks of the gun a whole lot better once I put a decent scope on it. grin

[Linked Image]

Last couple I did were just spraypainted with Krylon.

[Linked Image]
What was the cost.
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

No more so than camo clothing.
I've done a couple I haven't seen a hydro dip that holds up for [bleep] yet. I'd sure like to find one as they look neat when your first get them back!
Had a couple done up.

Originally Posted by TC1
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

No more so than camo clothing.

Maybe even less functional than camo clothing, but that said I don't wear much camo. wink

More or less customize them and Kimber standard syntethic stocks look fugly in their battleship gray.

[Linked Image]

Oh and just like putting a highperformance sticker on Honda Civic gives it an extra .25HP the hydrodip gets ya about another 30 fps on any bullet you shoot smile
My daughter wanted a muddy girl pink camo gun. I wanted to give her the one she's been using to slay critters with for the past couple years. Savage wanted almost $200 for a pink camo stock, but I found a guy farely local that would dip mine for $50. My little girl was so happy to see it under the christmas tree, and even happier when I told her it was the one she'd been using. Looks great now, don't know how it will hold up. If it gets too rough, I'll have it dipped again.
I didn't care for the black plastic Tikka stock. So I wanted to make a change. I like the look of the Vias camo pattern and it was available to dip. I paid $125, which included the dip, Cerakoting the sling studs and 4 coats of clear flat coat.

Attached picture 2014 Mule Deer.jpg
Kuiu Verde. Had the applicator put Shark Grip in the clear coat. Only 2 hours in the field this year. Need to get out more to test durability and grip in the rain.

[Linked Image]
Reaper Black "Skull-Flage"
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Some nice looking dips.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Autumn Leaves"

DMc
[Linked Image]

I love the pattern on this one

My Rem 700 .308 is done in Proveil: Reaper Buck

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Thanks for sharing all the great dipped rifle pics. I have a Remington XCR II in .338 Win Mag I want to dip next. I like how Dingo did not dip the over molds.
Gristle that looks good
Originally Posted by pseshooter300
Gristle that looks good
+1 on that sharp looking kryptek highlander....I hope mine looks equally striking
Anyone running with hydro dipped scopes? I'm a little reluctant to put a leupold or vortex through it. And forget about my swarovski.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 17_wizzer
Anyone running with hydro dipped scopes? I'm a little reluctant to put a leupold or vortex through it. And forget about my swarovski.

Same here...
I like multicam, but I'm too chicken (and cheap) to do it.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Fotis
What was the cost.

Been probably 12 years, but had some store credit which I used at Scheels. Think at that time it was about $70 plus some for shipping.

We won't get into the fact they lost the stock afterwards, shipped it back to the wrong store. Took another 6 weeks for it to be found and sent home. Sigh.
That scope looks pretty nice. And I really like the look of a dipped rifle next to nice buck.
© 24hourcampfire