Home
I have a beautiful Winchester 70 stainless 270 WSM sitting in a gorgeous McMillan Hunter stock that is very fussy about feeding rounds from the magazine into the chamber.

How do you improve the feeding on a stainless Winchester 70 Ultimate Shadow 270 WSM?

Mine wants to jam when feeding rounds from the magazine.

Is there a qualified gunsmith here at the Campfire who can fix it?
Send it to Lee (redneck ) or Jim (Jkob) on here and your problems will likely be over. PM me if you need contact info.
You could rebarrel to 300 H&H. Guarantee it will feed well. grin
Originally Posted by mart
On a S/A??

Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
I have a beautiful Winchester 70 stainless 270 WSM sitting in a gorgeous McMillan Hunter stock that is very fussy about feeding rounds from the magazine into the chamber.

How do you improve the feeding on a stainless Winchester 70 Ultimate Shadow 270 WSM?

Mine wants to jam when feeding rounds from the magazine.

Is there a qualified gunsmith here at the Campfire who can fix it?
Probably just needs a little tweaking between the magazine and/or the extractor.. BTDT..
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by mart
On a S/A??

You got me there. So how about the 300 H&H short. Same case design as the original just 3/4" shorter. grin
Well since Redneck's reply says he knows how to fix it I would send him a PM.
FWIW I have a M 70 fwt in 270 WSM that feeds as slick as you please. Regardless of what some may imply, the WSM family of cartridges can feed and function quite well.

Ernie
I had a similar issue and used a very fine grit sandpaper on the rails where the case bumps into that hold it in the magazine. Made it so it didn't scratch the hell out of the cases, too. Have to take it apart and do it from the bottom.

I also wanted to note that mine is a .300 WSM and feeds like a dream now.
Originally Posted by handwerk
Send it to Lee (redneck ) or Jim (Jkob) on here and your problems will likely be over. PM me if you need contact info.

+1 Lee is the man.
© 24hourcampfire