Home
Posted By: lonehawk New rifle came in today - 02/26/15
I traded the Browning AB3 for a Remington 700 SPS 7mm Rem mag. I had planned on a Ruger Hawkeye but after seeing one and thinking I might have to replace the trigger and float the barrel I decided on the Remington. Now I just need the temp outside to get above -20 to get to the range and try it out. This is the 6th Rem 700 that I have had so I knew what I was getting. I got a good deal on trade which always helps.
Posted By: 16bore Re: New rifle came in today - 02/27/15
I'm waiting on some snow to melt to do the same. You keeping it in the same handle?
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: New rifle came in today - 02/27/15
Originally Posted by lonehawk
I traded the Browning AB3 for a Remington 700 SPS 7mm Rem mag. I had planned on a Ruger Hawkeye but after seeing one and thinking I might have to replace the trigger and float the barrel I decided on the Remington.

Get ready to do the same to your Remington or do they come free floated these days?
I bet it shoots MOA as is........Hb
Posted By: lonehawk Re: New rifle came in today - 02/28/15
Yes I am going to leave the synthetic stock on it for now. If I change stocks I will probably get a laminate stock from Boyd's.
Posted By: longshot3 Re: New rifle came in today - 02/28/15
Probably will shoot! I bought a 700 SPS in .308 a few months back as a donor. I made the mistake of shooting it! With factory federal fusions it shot MOA at 100yds. It took me an extra month to finally pull the bbl and make it into a light 260 Rem!
© 24hourcampfire