Home
Posted By: JerradPelzer B&C tikka stocks - 04/12/15
How are you guys liking the B&C stocks for the Tikkas?
Posted By: lazydrifter Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/12/15
I bought my son one for christmas and he loves it. Drop in fit perfect.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/12/15
Originally Posted by JerradPelzer
How are you guys liking the B&C stocks for the Tikkas?

I think Tikka builds stuff to a very precise tolerance therefore these are drop in fits. The most they need is a very very light skim bed.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/12/15
My stock required I open the channel a bit, and grind down the tang area of the aluminum as the whole skeleton was tipped down in the front. Not a big deal, I bedded it afterwards and the gun shoots lights out.

I have a new mcmillan sitting here for it, and I cannot bring myself to swap the stocks since the tikka is shooting so well in the BC.
Posted By: 1Nut Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/12/15
The Tikka I have in a B&C dropped right in with no fitting whatsoever. I skim bedded it for giggles.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/12/15
Sweet! ^
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/12/15
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
My stock required I open the channel a bit, and grind down the tang area of the aluminum as the whole skeleton was tipped down in the front. Not a big deal, I bedded it afterwards and the gun shoots lights out.

I have a new mcmillan sitting here for it, and I cannot bring myself to swap the stocks since the tikka is shooting so well in the BC.

Want to sell the Micky?
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/13/15
Mine dropped in perfectly.

[Linked Image]

P
Posted By: Pstores Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/13/15
Anyone know what a Tikka stock weights compare to a B&C. I have a new 7 mm stainless I would like to add some wieght to.
Posted By: powdr Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/13/15
Most say they come in 2-5oz heavier...not enough to be concerned about. powdr
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/13/15
Originally Posted by JerradPelzer

Want to sell the Micky?

I've been holding onto it in hopes of find a 260 to put in it. No luck, but I cannot afford one right now anyway, ha.
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/13/15
I can get you a 260! Just got around to shooting mine I picked up this winter shoots 139scnear's really good. My buddy is waiting for his to come back from Kampfeld any time now
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/14/15
The only 260's I have seen are the Forest models that come through occasionally...
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/16/15
Did any of you notice a nice reduction in recoil with the B and C? It made a huge difference over the A-bolt stock it replaced.
Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/16/15
Dogcatcher buds has had them in stock for at least two months I already bought 1 260 hunter about 2 months ago from them. Guess I let the cat out of the bag
Posted By: 1Nut Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/16/15
The only 260's I have seen are the Forest models that come through occasionally...

This is what my Tikka T3 Hunter 260 looks like now. I also have a new Rem 700 SPS 260 8 twist I need to run some rounds through...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: verhoositz Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/16/15
1DN If I could do that to my Bud's bought Hunter 260 I would keep the Hunter stock for sure...otherwise it'll get a new stick of some sort whenever the CC is cleaned up again. Picked up a Minox ZA5 HD 2-10x50 30mm for it and its about time for the rings to show up...was planning on using Talley's or Warne's, which one is better than the other one to use on a do all truck gun?? Any problems cerakoting either one??

Both of the B&C pics above are the color's that I've been looking at for a "drop in" since wheelbarrows and roundpoint shovels are high tech for me.
Ron
Posted By: 1Nut Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/16/15
I actually used the plastic stock off the stainless gun on the Hunter. Sanded it down and rattle-canned it, only later dipped it to see how that works. And the B&C went on the stainless (obviously).

I have no complaints whatsoever with the Talleys. I only have one set of Warnes, and I like them, but the Talleys are what I have on most of my rifles. No issues Cerekoting.
Posted By: cowpoke Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/17/15
Hey deernuts

are the talleys about the same height as the warne on your t3 or different?

thanks
Posted By: 1Nut Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/17/15
Tally lows are about the same height as the Warne TMs.
Posted By: ribka Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/18/15
Nice

Originally Posted by 1Deernut

This is what my Tikka T3 Hunter 260 looks like now. I also have a new Rem 700 SPS 260 8 twist I need to run some rounds through...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: cowpoke Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/18/15
Originally Posted by 1Deernut
Tally lows are about the same height as the Warne TMs.

thanks

I am running the warne mediums on my two t3's
Posted By: 1Nut Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/19/15
Thanks for the compliments on my Tikkers. Hard to beat 'em for out-of-the-box accuracy.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: B&C tikka stocks - 04/19/15
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Did any of you notice a nice reduction in recoil with the B and C? It made a huge difference over the A-bolt stock it replaced.

Didn't notice any recoil reduction on my 300 win mag but that rifle had a brake. Still need to test drive my 30-06 in the B&C stock.
© 24hourcampfire