Home
Posted By: ErichTheRed T/C rifles - 04/19/15
Can anyone shed light on the T/C weather venture in 308 win. Opinions, Reviews good bad and the ugly.
Thanks Erich
Posted By: jsthntn247 Re: T/C rifles - 04/24/15
I've got one. On the inside the barrel looks like train tracks with chatter, the extractor had to be replaced and it doesn't fire sometimes for no reason. When it does fire, it was pretty easy to get half moa though.
Posted By: KH1473 Re: T/C rifles - 04/24/15
I have one, won it in a raffle a few years back. I cut it back to 20" and keep it on my ATV. Never an issue with it and it shoots factory ammo very well. Always an inch or better
Posted By: bglimpse Re: T/C rifles - 04/24/15
I have a 30-06 Venture that has been perfect. Had to go back for the recall, but didn't have any problems before or after. Easily shoots MOA or better with factory ammo. Haven't reloaded for it yet. Great gun for the money. Bolt is one of the smoothest I've ever felt..
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: T/C rifles - 04/24/15
Had one in .270 Win, it was a great shooter. I didn't care for a few minor things so I sold it to a buddy who loves it. My main problems were the bolt handle which just felt too short and stubby, and I didn't care for the stock or the 3 round DBM. The biggest issue was I already owned two more .270’s that I liked better
Posted By: NJelksmacker Re: T/C rifles - 04/24/15
I own a WS in 6.5x284, shoots lights out with 140 grain Bergers or Nosler BT's. I thought I was the only one who didn't like the bolt handle.
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: T/C rifles - 04/26/15
Originally Posted by NJelksmacker
I own a WS in 6.5x284, shoots lights out with 140 grain Bergers or Nosler BT's. I thought I was the only one who didn't like the bolt handle.

Nope, you're not the only one.
Posted By: logdog Re: T/C rifles - 04/26/15
I have one in 30-06 its sub mos with several different handloads. I have a 178 Amax load that half inch at 200 yards. It will shoot a load work up with several different charge weights well under a inch, with some three shot groups in one tiny little hole..
Posted By: Lucas1 Re: T/C rifles - 04/27/15
Originally Posted by jsthntn247
I've got one. On the inside the barrel looks like train tracks with chatter, the extractor had to be replaced and it doesn't fire sometimes for no reason. When it does fire, it was pretty easy to get half moa though.

I had a Venture in 280 Rem like that. It shot really great. I sent it back 3 times because of misfiring issue. I got tired of the headache after it misfired on a deer so I traded it.
Posted By: Dre Re: T/C rifles - 04/27/15
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9738778/1
Posted By: jobyjob Re: T/C rifles - 04/30/15
Shot my last big Whitetail with that exact rifle in 308. Super accurate. No dislikes at all.
Posted By: logdog Re: T/C rifles - 04/30/15
I want a heavy barrel version, and I wish they would make the magnums 26"
© 24hourcampfire