Home
I am interested in how many guys here on the fire bought Tikka T3s after what they have read here on the forum, or after they have been advised by fellow forum members?

I thought it would be interesting to see how much the forum contributed to Tikka sales over the last few years smile

Pieter
I've just did.
I will be picking one up from my FFL today - my 4th (have sold 2 of them off though)
My first was a Superlight 22-250 that I got in a trade here on the campfire before I ever knew much about them. Liked it so much I bought another in 25-06 off the classifieds.
1 here
Not much bad said about a Tikka here or on other forums either for that matter.

Some purist may say something about his brand being better but nothing of substance.

The only complaints have been about their parent company/importer, Beretta.
I have bought a few cause of the fire
Bought a LH .223 T3 Lite due to the campfire, plus they had a 1 in 8 twist. Waited several months since none were available anywhere, when they finally were available again Tikka had changed them to a 1 in 10 unbeknownst to me.

Still like it and it's a fine shooter but as good as the two Ruger Americans I've owned shoot, I'd buy an American for half the price. I like the ergonomics of the Ruger stock better, as well.
Guilty - first one landed about a month ago. I've been intrigued for a while, but it took a Forest in 6.5x55 to push me over the edge...
I've got 2 tikkas and love them both. I bought them because of the fire and they lived up to there reputation in my opinion.

The Tikka costs more than other entry level rifles but many who buy a tikka feel they are getting more. Most who buy a tikka are generally looking for dependability and performance and generally leave nastalgia out of the picture. The tikka offers nothing in terms of nastalgia. Everyone should own a rifle with nastalgia at some point.

Perhaps we can classify the tikka a mid entry however if so it would be the least expensive of the mid entry rifles.

Though some are turned off by the polymer; tikka rifles have proven here on the fire and other forums to be very dependable performers.

Shod
Been hunting a tikka 695 for 15 years, and 2 T3's for about 10, before I was a 'fire member. Rock solid, accurate performers.
I have T3 Lites in both 223 and 308. It doesn't get much better.
Twist sold this one.
[Linked Image]
I bought a SL 8 twist 223 because of all you bastards 😀
Prior to the 24 Hour Campfire there was a forum called "Shooters" in which many of the current Campfire members participated. A member of the Shooters forum from Michigan somehow- someway had access to a boatload of new at the time Tikka Model 695s and offered them to the members of this old forum at a very competitive price. I bought one and many other forum members did as well. I think for a lot of folks this deal on Shooters was the beginning of their association with Tikkas, and it has carried forward to the T-3. CP.
I had one or two a few years ago and sold/traded them off. Got inspired to try one again off here that was a handful ago! I've done lots of "tricking" them out have put McMillians and Manners on them don't mind the factory stocks like the triggers love the barrels

I just got one in 7mm-08. Like it a lot.
Bought my first one after my father-in-law got his. Bought my 2nd one off the fire although I was already a fan by then.
I read to many reviews on the fire of satisfied Tikka owners so eventually I bought a new 270 Tikka T3 Blued. I loaded up Sierra Gameking, Nosler Accubond, and Partitions and went shooting. Nothing went over an inch. Surprised the hell out of me.

I had also heard on the fire about the limited availability of the 1/8 twist 223 T3 lite. So I picked one up. Glad I did to because now you can't get them.

Shod
Bought my 1st one at the LGS (reading here did have some influence on the caliber (6.5x55)and the rifle) Traded into a 2nd one that ended up with a friend after he decided he just had to have it. Bought the 3rd off a member here and just this morning ordered another 6.5x55. Have yet to be disappointed in the workmanship and absolutely satisfied with the accuracy.
I'm guilty. Picked up T3 Lite in 270 back when the prices were still reasonable and liked it well enough to order a T3 Hunter in 260 with 8 twist barrel. Both are very accurate, but the 260 is just stupid accurate. Not my favorite guns, but nice to carry and hunt.
Three now…curse this damn place.
I've purchased 2 because of the write-ups here along with their connection to Sakos. 7mm/08 local and a .25/06 off this site. Ended up selling both only because I find the stocks uncomfortable to shoot. Oh, and the cost of spare mags didn't set right either.
I keep wanting to give them one more try tho, probably in a .260.
4 for me, which caused 7 more from family members.

P

Bought my first 595 Tikka in '98......7-08 SS/syn

Several other 595's & T3's since

'Convinced' some of my buddies they should try a T3 too..

Still a good 'outta the box gun'
My first 695 is from 2000 -300Win. The second one is from 2013, used 270 Win. The newest one is from last year T3 Lite SS 243Win. I am still waiting for Beretta to bring us a 7x64 stainless. After that I'll be done.
I did my part yesterday on the fire.
I am going to look at a t3 lite tomorrow. After reading about them on here, I have to give one a try. Thinking the .30-06 would be about perfect.
I bought a Tikka because of a local store rep. It was an excellent decision. Wood Hunter. I liked it so much I've bought two more. They are excellent, and all are shooters. But I'm considering buying one of the new Winchester XPR's. I will need to feel the balance, but I'm guessing it will be good.
Guilty as well.
Went with the 22-250 lite stainless, and bought a t-3 wood stock here off the fire classifieds.
Im happy.
A bad shoulder was forcing me to consider lighter options than my much loved FN customs with 26"Med-Wt.tubes and heavy wood stocks.
A good friend of mine lets me use a Tikka T3 lite in .30-06 and by the end of that range session I was hooked!!! Now I have 2 T3-Superlites a .30-06 and a .223Rem 8"twist with a .243 on the way,after that who knows...Tikka's new CTR in .308 or .260-
8"has lots of WOW factor,then buyin Scopes n Developing loads...ScottyO.
What model 243 Winchester you have coming?
T3 lite.stnls,syn
I just bought one too. T3 Lite SS, syn. 243
I think a limited edition 24hourcampfire T3 would be pretty cool grin

I usually feel pretty comfortable to recommend Tikka rifles to guys who are looking to buy something new. Around here the T3 lite goes for around $1300 eek and does make the decision slightly more difficult. It feels a little stupid paying that money for something that has quite a bit of plastic.

But it is still nice to know that you will get a good shooting rifle.

Anyone with multiples swapping Swirlys? Kinda thought a fella could go all out on a handle and swap it out to a plinker for summer fun.
T3 223.
© 24hourcampfire