Home
Or, would you swap it out for a Timney or other?
Mine was a PITA to adjust only because the sealant on it worked really good. Once i got that off and adjusted it, I found it very livable.
I like mine just fine, but I prefer mine right at 3 lbs. If you prefer lighter then you may want an aftermarket trigger.
It's easy to get the MOA down to 2.5 pounds with the ernies spring kit:

MOA trigger spring

There's really no reason to replace the moa with another box trigger like the timney. Virtually no gain, and a $120.00 loss in your pocketbook... wink . It's a hunting rifle and 2.5 pounds should be light enough for any "hunting" application...
I put in an Ernie spring and mine breaks right at 2 lbs. I agree with BSA...no real reason to replace it.
What bsa1917 said is 'spot-on'...
I have the M70 with that MOA trigger and it is very nice. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
ditto to above,I like mine at 2lbs, suppose to be all ss which for me is a plus living on gulf. Good luck
Ernie spring works great, mine would not go below 3.25 lbs(which was still pretty darn good grin) put the ernie spring in and it is 2.5, could have gone down to 2lbs easily.
Another + for Ernie's.
Had the moa at 3lbs and was nice. Then I broke the trigger in half taking it out of the stock. Have a timney in it now. It feels more solid but it's like spending $100 dollars to shave an ounce off a lightweight rifle probably not really necessary.
Yep, the Ernie trigger spring caused me to remove a Model 70 Extreme Weather 308 from the classifieds. +1 for the Ernie spring in the MOA trigger.
I got the MOA trigger on my coyote light to 3 lbs. and am happy with it. All my hunting rifles are set to the same lb. No complaints here.
© 24hourcampfire