Home
Posted By: Coyote_Hunter Funny stuff from Hornady - 06/07/15
First it was Zombie bullets and ammo. Now this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TseM5QkijJA

Just have to give a tip of the hat to Steve Hornady and his organization. OK, I can't get all the bullets I want but at least I can laugh while crying.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Funny stuff from Hornady - 06/07/15
Funny

I wish Hornady made 22LR
Posted By: 1Nut Re: Funny stuff from Hornady - 06/08/15
I wish they would get Interbonds back into production. I have a couple of rifles that love 'em and they have performed as well as accubonds on game IME.

Can't find a box anywhere.
Posted By: efw Re: Funny stuff from Hornady - 06/08/15
Funny indeed.

Best bullet manufacturer out there IMHO; good guys too.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Funny stuff from Hornady - 06/08/15
The disclaimer is pretty funny.
Posted By: mathman Re: Funny stuff from Hornady - 06/08/15
I'll probably anneal a few hot dogs on the Fourth.
Posted By: Bbear Re: Funny stuff from Hornady - 06/08/15
Originally Posted by mathman
I'll probably anneal a few hot dogs on the Fourth.

Don't forget to anneal a couple of ears of corn while you're at it!
They used to have the greatest answering machine message a few years back.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Funny stuff from Hornady - 06/09/15
Always neat when a company can use humor to communicate a message, even when poking fun at themselves...

I liked the fact that there was no "Blame Gaming", no "Excuses". Simply "We're working as fast as we can. Please bear with us..."

Posted By: Alex38 Re: Funny stuff from Hornady - 06/09/15
Originally Posted by 1Deernut
I wish they would get Interbonds back into production. I have a couple of rifles that love 'em and they have performed as well as accubonds on game IME.

Can't find a box anywhere.

Agreed. I'm also an Interbond fan, but they're very hard to come by.
Posted By: Teal Re: Funny stuff from Hornady - 06/11/15
When I was a kid getting into reloading I just always figured it was Nosler for hunting and Sierra for targets and nothing else. Eventually I came across Hornady and really have become fond of their bullets and the company over all. Lots of red on my bench these days.
Posted By: CRS Re: Funny stuff from Hornady - 06/11/15
When I was a kid getting into reloading. I did not know there were any other bullets besides Hornady's. cool

I could easily hunt the rest of life with nothing but Hornady's. Even more so since they came out with the GMX line.

Posted By: leomort Re: Funny stuff from Hornady - 06/12/15
good sense of humor smile
Posted By: Yukoner Re: Funny stuff from Hornady - 06/15/15
Okay, now crank out some more 117 gr RN for my old 25-35.

Thanks in advance!
Ted
Yeah really, I'm not entertained. They used to have great bullets, and then went nuts with "rocket science", zombie nonsense, and dropped most round nose and interlock loads...their mainstay. I switched to Sierra and never looked back. Fools.
Originally Posted by littlecmonkey
Yeah really, I'm not entertained. They used to have great bullets, and then went nuts with "rocket science", zombie nonsense, and dropped most round nose and interlock loads...their mainstay. I switched to Sierra and never looked back. Fools.

They are shipping more than they ever have and are focused on the items in highest demand. The Zombie stuff has added greatly to their bottom line and they've shown they have a good sense of humor. You may think they are fools but I think they are doing exactly what they and every good business should be doing - making money.

While I'd like for them to turn out some .375" 220g FP bullets I'm not holding my breath. When they get more caught up with demand they will turn to the less popular items that haven't been available for a while. In the meantime I'm not going to be whining that their priorities don't match mine. Only a fool would do that.
© 24hourcampfire