Home
Posted By: passport A-Bolt price check - 06/28/15
Have a deal where I might take a 300 long mag stainless A-bolt with boss in trade, any idea what its worth? Looks to be 95% or better in tupperware stock.

And its left handed if that matters..
Posted By: passport Re: A-Bolt price check - 06/29/15
Anyone hazarded a guess?
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: A-Bolt price check - 06/29/15
I have seen them from $500 to $650 on GB and armslist lately.
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: A-Bolt price check - 06/29/15
Probably a little tougher to sell as it has the BOSS on it. While it works some dont like the fixture hanging on the end of their barrel. I dont have the model your working with but I do have an a bolt with the system. I would prefer it was not there. I didnt buy it it was given to me.
Posted By: 8SNAKE Re: A-Bolt price check - 06/30/15
The market for LH A-Bolt rifles with BOSS in 300 Win Mag is pretty dang small. If you find the right guy at the right time, it's probably a $550 rifle. The trick is finding that guy...
Posted By: passport Re: A-Bolt price check - 06/30/15
Agreed, I had to pass on the deal. That gun is just too easy to get buried in
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: A-Bolt price check - 07/01/15
Probably a wise move.
Posted By: strut64 Re: A-Bolt price check - 07/01/15
15 years ago I got an A-bolt hunter in 25-06 with a BOSS. It is a very accurate rifle. When I really want to shoot a deer it is my go to gun. Once a rifle with a BOSS is tuned up they can really shoot. I have a habit of getting bored with rifles and guns and send them down the road when that happens. With this rifle however as many times as I have tried I have not been able to get any interest by any body in this rifle. The BOSS is a real detractor. I have talked to my local LGS/gunsmith and he would (if I really pleaded) do a rebarrel but he does not like Browning rifles as donors. I have not heard of any gunsmith who does. You made a good decision.
© 24hourcampfire