Home
Posted By: tzone Model 700 Mt Rifle DM - 07/07/15
I picked up a Rem 700 Mountain Rifle with the detachable mag, in .280 Rem. The barrel seems to not be floated just after the ebony tip. Is this how they're supposed to be?

I haven't shot it yet, it's used but BARELY.

Does McMillian make a stock for the DM version of these rifles?
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Model 700 Mt Rifle DM - 07/07/15
I have one in the stable and they are not factory floated. Mine does very well with about anything you feed it. I like the BDL version better but the DBM has been solid.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Model 700 Mt Rifle DM - 07/07/15
I believe that McM will inlet any of their Remington stocks for the DM bottom metal.
Posted By: Holston Re: Model 700 Mt Rifle DM - 07/07/15
Factory stocks have the speed bumps.

MCMILLAN and B&C will both inlet for the factory dbm.
Posted By: gene270 Re: Model 700 Mt Rifle DM - 07/07/15
a mcmillan stock set up for the standard bdl configuration will work also you just have to relieve the bottom of the stock for the magazine release buttons....maybe others will way in on this also but this has been my experience
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: Model 700 Mt Rifle DM - 07/07/15

Mine is a .260 and after I floated it accuracy was much improved. Per campfire wisdom I would shoot it as is but don't be afraid to float it if it doesn't shoot.
I want to add congrats on getting a 280 wink
Posted By: Jericho Re: Model 700 Mt Rifle DM - 07/07/15
Saw one in 7MM-08 recently, first one I had seen in a long time.
Posted By: tzone Re: Model 700 Mt Rifle DM - 07/07/15
Originally Posted by MagMarc

Thanks. 'It's my favorite cal by far or if probably have passed in the rifle.

Every deer I've [bleep] with one has yet to take a step. I have one on the way in m70 fwt as well.
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by MagMarc

Thanks. 'It's my favorite cal by far or if probably have passed in the rifle.

Every deer I've [bleep] with one has yet to take a step. I have one on the way in m70 fwt as well.

How many deer have you [bleep] with one laugh

The 280 puts their lights out.
Posted By: tzone Re: Model 700 Mt Rifle DM - 07/08/15
Lol. I've [bleep] a few.
Posted By: agazain Re: Model 700 Mt Rifle DM - 07/08/15
My .280 Rem BDL DM would throw rounds out the port rather than chambering (after a while). Two magazines, that is, and bending lips etc. helped nothing. Had to go Kwik Klip route to solve the problem. Badger Ordnance and other bottom metal/stock options were too much money for me. (80 bucks vs. 300 or so.)

Love the round and rifle, including load from the top with Remington DM's. However, since I wanted to be able to chamber at least three rounds for stand hunting situations, even if I have to remove the Klip to load more than one at a time...

FWIW, bedded it myself and it is a shooter. Pressure point groups were factory good, but floating and bedding made it better.
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Model 700 Mt Rifle DM - 07/08/15
Originally Posted by tzone
Lol. I've [bleep] a few.

laugh
Posted By: tzone Re: Model 700 Mt Rifle DM - 07/09/15
I'll try to get a scope on it this weekend and take it for a trip to the clear cut.
© 24hourcampfire